Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

01-05-2019 09:07 PM
101 12345
tools
    Is there any way to keep my Android System from chewing up so much battery?? Or is this fairly normal?
    09-06-2018 08:11 PM
    I have the same issue went from 7-9 hours of screen use to 2-4 hours. I didnt remember changing any settings or installing any new spp
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain on Note 9 suddenly-screenshot_20180901-160345_settings.jpg   Battery Drain on Note 9 suddenly-screenshot_20180907-032520_settings.jpg  
    09-07-2018 02:13 AM
    I have the same issue went from 7-9 hours of screen use to 2-4 hours. I didnt remember changing any settings or installing any new spp
    Did you manage to fix it?
    09-07-2018 05:26 AM
    I think I figured what is causing it. Last 4 days I noticed the left side of the phone started to get warm to the point that become annoying because I dont use case, beside the battery drain. Today I had bad signal at home for some reason so I turned wifi calling on and left it on all day. Now the phone back to normal temp. and battery drain stopped although that I didnt use wifi calling at work. And I did turned wifi calling off last week because it was on by default.
    silverfang77 likes this.
    09-07-2018 09:49 PM
    Is there any way to keep my Android System from chewing up so much battery?? Or is this fairly normal?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...26449f866d.jpg
    Switch of working in back ground
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain on Note 9 suddenly-22746.jpg  
    09-08-2018 07:52 AM
    I'm seeing the same thing now on my Note 9. Nothing changed that I'm aware of but Android system is using a TON of juice, last check was at 45%(!!!!) compared to 38% from screen on time of which I have 6 hours, but as you can see I've had to plug it in several times to get it to get through the day.

I first noticed it this morning. Last night it charged to 100% before I had fallen asleep so I took it off the charger and woke up to just over 70% left. It used close to 30% DOING NOTHING.

Baffled....??!!?!?!???
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain on Note 9 suddenly-screenshot_20180910-225654_settings.jpg  
    09-11-2018 01:05 AM
    That doesn't work, it turns back on by itself
    09-11-2018 01:08 AM
    What helped me:
    Wipe cache
    Turn off AOD
    Turn off Edge panel and lighting

Not sure what or why. Phone is week old. Thought give it 4 days to settle in.
    09-11-2018 02:53 AM
    Hello,

"Problem" Found.

During the night (7-9 hours) lost between 15%-20%.

Tried all recomendations, clear cache, wipe cache, safe mode, factory reset, etc etc ... but the problem persist.

The problem: Network mode

Settings:
    - 9 hours stand by with always display off, wifi off, bluetooth off, mobile data ON

If it's on LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) the drop is 15%-20%. Network changes between 4G and 4G+. It tried in my house and work place, the same happends. The network signal is very good.

If it's on 2G only the drop is 3%-4%.

Nothing i can do, i thing the Exynos is the problem here. During the night i just put on 2G.
    09-12-2018 04:18 AM
    So... bad modem?
    09-12-2018 05:40 AM
    Dont know... i think the snapdragon has a better modem. The Exynos are worse in this aspect.

Anyone has the same problem?
    09-12-2018 06:17 AM
    Or a bad 3G/4G signal at your place... I mean, just because you have 5 bars doesn't mean the signal is perfect. There's more to the story (just ask any T-Mobile user in apartment buildings).
    09-13-2018 02:50 PM
    Same problem here. Charge last only for 6-7 hours
    09-14-2018 04:26 AM
    I have the snapdragon version, 128 model. At night I turn off all data related and auto sync. I leave AOD on. It only loses like 3 to 5 % if that. I last nearly the entire day and ha e data, auto sync, location on. I often connect bluetooth through the vehicle and sometimes a bluetooth keyboard. Have had mine since Aug 22. Have the unlocked model straight from Samsung
    09-14-2018 05:02 AM
    Okay, my note 9, exynos, Australia, has also caught this battery drain bug šŸ˜”

The device is three weeks old, and the battery drain started yesterday.

Yesterday it was blackberry hub+ services, and so today I installed Samsung email, and deleted blackberry hub.

And guess what, Samsung email is chewing through the battery.

The phone was fully charged at 7am ish this morning and was at around 35% by around 1500 this afternoon. So, I recharged, and it's still going berserk!!!

I've deleted caches, and data, and optimised apps and and and.....

For some reason, optimised email won't last, it keeps flipping back.

Anyway, this issue is real, and a pain in the ***!
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain on Note 9 suddenly-5471.jpg  
    09-14-2018 06:27 AM
    So, from reading this thread, it seems there's no consistency as to what app, or system component is causing this drain.

Whilst it appears to be different for each of us, the end result is the same, battery drain.

And nor is it country dependent, or telco dependant.

This is a real issue and apparently is system related.

Time Samsung got notified, I reckon šŸ¤”
    09-14-2018 06:32 AM
    This has drastically helped my Note 9. It now barely drains anything.

What helped me:
    Wipe cache
    Turn off AOD
    Turn off Edge panel and lighting

Not sure what or why. Phone is week old. Thought give it 4 days to settle in.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-14-2018 11:16 AM
    This has drastically helped my Note 9. It now barely drains anything.
    I've already wiped system cache, and the drain continued, so I'll try turning off always on display, and see how I go.....
    09-14-2018 03:37 PM
    Got my exynos Note 9 on UK launch date, gave my Note 8 to my better half. Battery was very impressive until I had a Samsung update. I use dual sims, both capable of LTE/4G.

I undertook the following to resolve my battery issues:

1)Wiped cache by 'press and hold volume up, Bixby and power' method.
    2)Settings, in developer options, turned off 'Keep Mobile data turned on'.
    3)Settings, Connections, Mobile networks, turned off VoLTE Calls.
    4)Settings, Connections, Mobile networks, Sim 1 and SIM 2 were both set to auto connect, I left SIM 1 as LTE/3G/2G (auto) and turned SIM 2 to 3G/2G (auto).

The above has dramatically improved my battery life. Before the changes my battery was 5% with a days usage with about 3hrs SOT. I now have 1.75 days usage with 4.25hrs SOT and still 20% battery life remaining.

I know everyone's usage is different and I don't know how these changes would affect others, all I know is that it's made a big difference to me.
    09-14-2018 05:32 PM
    So, from reading this thread, it seems there's no consistency as to what app, or system component is causing this drain.

Welcome to the forum thread on every single phone ever released

Luckily my battery life has been really good so far.
    09-14-2018 09:14 PM
    Welcome to the forum thread on every single phone ever released

Luckily my battery life has been really good so far.
    lol, I've never struck it before, and I've been using mobile phones since the year 2000.

And, I do think this is a systems issue, them's the breaks šŸ˜œšŸ˜Š
    09-14-2018 09:29 PM
    lol, I've never struck it before, and I've been using mobile phones since the year 2000.

And, I do think this is a systems issue, them's the breaks
    I hate doing a hard reset, but sometimes that is the best/cleanest way to verify apps, etc. Trying other adjustments first is logical, but if nothing else helps ... If it were me and I had the time, Iā€™d factory reset and manually add apps back.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    09-14-2018 09:36 PM
    I am hoping someone can help me figure out what is going on. I was getting 6 hours or more usage for screen on time, and now my battery is draining pretty fast on it's own. Here is my battery usage from today with very little use. Just 1 hour of screen usage. Android System seems to be the biggest issue. Any ideas what I can do with that?
    Well i was going through like this issue but not this severe. I was getting around 4 to 5 hours of screen on time but nothing like people were posting on my note 9. Basically the standby time was ****. My battery use to be 45% when i reached home at around 5 pm. And the screenon time was around 5 hours but not a full day battery or as people said that when theu went to sleep they still had around 20% left. Tried everything from background things to deleting apps but still the same. Then i factory reset my phone and didnt restore the phone to my baxkup. Not even to google restore or Samsung restore. But as a new phone with any restoring. Now after that everything setup i am actually quite happy and with everything on the battery takes some time to drop down. Previously it was a continuous drop of 1% after like every 4 to 5 mins if i am using it or not using it. Try this magbe this will help you..
    09-15-2018 01:28 AM
    Something seems to happen and goes wrong with the cache partition during an upgrade, during a restore,, with 100 apps being downloaded or restored. All those temp files being written and patched.

Nuking the system and not restoring says to me the stock vanilla system (software) seems fine . Throw in 60 apps, user data, and patch everything.... and it all goes south. Corrupt. Apps tripping over apps and system.

???

I wish I could enable Clear Cache from Settings without needing a "3-finger salute" on startup.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-15-2018 04:23 AM
    Well i was going through like this issue but not this severe. I was getting around 4 to 5 hours of screen on time but nothing like people were posting on my note 9. Basically the standby time was ****. My battery use to be 45% when i reached home at around 5 pm. And the screenon time was around 5 hours but not a full day battery or as people said that when theu went to sleep they still had around 20% left. Tried everything from background things to deleting apps but still the same. Then i factory reset my phone and didnt restore the phone to my baxkup. Not even to google restore or Samsung restore. But as a new phone with any restoring. Now after that everything setup i am actually quite happy and with everything on the battery takes some time to drop down. Previously it was a continuous drop of 1% after like every 4 to 5 mins if i am using it or not using it. Try this magbe this will help you..
    I think I am going to do this. Do you think it's ok to just backup than restore messages, and settings? Or just re-do everything.
    09-15-2018 09:19 AM
101 12345