Battery Drain on Note 9 suddenly

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
my battery life is awful. I can't get a day out of mine with heavy usage. it's ridiculous. I've tried wiping cache 3 times restarting my phone. device maintenance. nothing works
"heavy usage" is subjective. More info is needed if you want other people's opinions. If you are on the phone nonstop for 8 hours, of course it won't last all day. Also, games eat up more battery life than just browsing forums or reading articles online.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got finished telling you via the Android Central app I cannot upload screenshots. Is there a way to do it?? I can give more info best I can. i have games but don't play them a ton.

Onur Kucukerdogan

Oct 27, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem and eventually found the solution after trying many things. So what had worked for me is, I had more than 30 apps have permission to access location GPS services, (it is in the permission settings) and I was having GPS turned on all the time.

It wasn't problem earlier but I think when it becomes many apps it started to eat battery. So I turned of location permission of many apps and turned off location as well and yes my battery becomes great again as it was used to. Before figuring this solution my battery was ending in the afternoon after I leave the house in the morning with full battery. So I really hope that it will be useful for you!

Riaan Dalton

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

"Problem" Found.

During the night (7-9 hours) lost between 15%-20%.

Tried all recomendations, clear cache, wipe cache, safe mode, factory reset, etc etc ... but the problem persist.

The problem: Network mode

Settings:
- 9 hours stand by with always display off, wifi off, bluetooth off, mobile data ON

If it's on LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) the drop is 15%-20%. Network changes between 4G and 4G+. It tried in my house and work place, the same happends. The network signal is very good.

If it's on 2G only the drop is 3%-4%.

Nothing i can do, i thing the Exynos is the problem here. During the night i just put on 2G.

Yip this is the resolution, had the same issue. Found that the phone fights to get signal and then flips through 4G, Etc. Switched it to 2G only when i go to be bed and have a 1-2% battery drain. Could be Modem or Provider related either or this works

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I can almost guarantee it's a rogue app because it just happened to me. I put up a thread about this but I got this really weird notification about an app that was overloading my CPU. In my case it was Netflix and my battery drained 10% per hour. Even though I closed all my apps and optimised my device.

Dennis Ou

May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is mine I struggle to get 3 hours of SoT. It's only been a week since I got the phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181206-143556_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181206-143556_Settings.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 59

chin84

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
I just got my note 9 exynos variant yesterday. When I received the set I realized the battery was bad . Today I try some of the trick eventually the battery was awesome . I believe after few more day it will be like a beast

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting great battery life on my phone until yesterday. Suddenly, when I turn it on after two hours with the screen off, but streaming Pandora over bluetooth, it's down to 64% from 95% Before, I could do this and have it only drop to 90%.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting great battery life on my phone until yesterday. Suddenly, when I turn it on after two hours with the screen off, but streaming Pandora over bluetooth, it's down to 64% from 95% Before, I could do this and have it only drop to 90%.
Whether users want to admit it or not. This is a history with Samsung phones. Random battery drain and have no idea what causes it. Maybe Android pie will improve the quality of the battery.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Whether users want to admit it or not. This is a history with Samsung phones. Random battery drain and have no idea what causes it. Maybe Android pie will improve the quality of the battery.

You're the first person I've ever heard mention "random battery drain in SAMSUNG phones". Of course my experience is that of only one person out of the millions who have bought their phones. I'm on my tenth SAMSUNG phone since 2011. Never happened with any of them.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
You're the first person I've ever heard mention "random battery drain in SAMSUNG phones". Of course my experience is that of only one person out of the millions who have bought their phones. I'm on my tenth SAMSUNG phone since 2011. Never happened with any of them.
I didn't ask. And I'm sure me being the first person is a crock. Other users reported issues on these forms as I've seen.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

And it’s happened to every Samsung phone I’ve owned.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually am getting way better battery life then last reported. I figured out what was killing my battery and I had some VPN activated in the background that was an attachment for a side loaded app called Blokada. Weird thing is it came with random pop up ads which I got rid of. Also the app no longer on my phone and now it lasts me over a day. Did some digging and figured it out. Now it appears to be back to normal as im getting the longevity Im supposed to be getting. Cheers and Happy Holidays to you all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power