09-04-2018 01:50 PM
31 12
tools
    Phones are a very big purchase/investment for me, so I've always done my best to take care of them and make them last. I've always used some sort of protective case on my phones. The Note 9 is the biggest phone I've ever had. It's been in a UAG Plasma case since day 1. I took it out today to clean it and couldn't help but notice how great it feels in the hand without a case. I wish more than anything that I could go without a case. I don't have the extra income to spend hundreds of dollars on a screen replacement, or even worse several hundred on a new phone. Anyone else feels this way?
    Jewels81, Noctis905 and raves68 like this.
    09-02-2018 05:14 PM
    Phones are a very big purchase/investment for me, so I've always done my best to take care of them and make them last. I've always used some sort of protective case on my phones. The Note 9 is the biggest phone I've ever had. It's been in a UAG Plasma case since day 1. I took it out today to clean it and couldn't help but notice how great it feels in the hand without a case. I wish more than anything that I could go without a case. I don't have the extra income to spend hundreds of dollars on a screen replacement, or even worse several hundred on a new phone. Anyone else feels this way?
    Yelp. I love how the note9 feels without a case. But, 99% of the time it's in it's case. I'll take it out when I'm going to be sitting down on couch for awhile where it would have a soft landing if it fell. Guess it is one of the prices we pay for something we love.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-02-2018 06:05 PM
    yeah note 9 is one of the best curve screen phones to hold naked and it has more meat to hold so it's not as slippery as my S9+ was...I feel sometimes I can go naked ...but accidents happen...so I use it naked at home...
    dems86 and kevinpleasants like this.
    09-02-2018 06:31 PM
    I wish there was a good and affordable insurance plan available so that it wouldn't matter so much if it got banged up and you could have piece of mind when going naked. It seems like you have to pick one or the other, good OR affordable.
    09-02-2018 06:46 PM
    I wish there was a good and affordable insurance plan available so that it wouldn't matter so much if it got banged up and you could have piece of mind when going naked. It seems like you have to pick one or the other, good OR affordable.
    Look up worth Ave group. Great coverage and cheap deductibles!
    09-02-2018 07:06 PM
    Never been a case guy myself. I go skinned.
    09-02-2018 07:33 PM
    I've owned about 20 smartphones. I've dropped every single one. The good thing is that my note 8 survived several drops with only a slim TPU case and no screen protector. They are getting more durable.

Get this case and screen protector and don't give someone $300 over the course of 2 years (not to mention $100 deductible). It feels pretty close to naked.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9P52HV...cUvbUpU6329887

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F3XZWFK...cUvbUpU6329887
    Cary Quinn and kevinpleasants like this.
    09-02-2018 09:55 PM
    Never been a case guy myself. I go skinned. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a25bde5831.jpg
    That's nice. Dbrand? Slickwrap?
    09-02-2018 09:56 PM
    I mostly use my phones without a case, you kind of learn how to safely use them (eg. not taking the phone out when you're over a concrete surface), but accidents can't always be prevented. I've gotten more paranoid about drops as I've gotten older, so I just make sure to choose the coolest, most stylish case I can find for days I'm not rocking my phone naked. You may sacrifice protection when you go that route, but IMO it's nicer to get a great looking case than ruin the phone's looks with an OtterBox, or with skins. Most of them look awful IMHO.
    09-02-2018 10:03 PM
    Never been a case guy myself. I go skinned. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a25bde5831.jpg
    Does it come with a fingerprint sensor skin/cover?
    09-02-2018 10:12 PM
    This is exactly why I never get all twisted up on the color of the phone like many people do. It spends almost its whole life in a case anyway and the majority of people (in my observations) do not use a clear case.
    A skin, though much thinner than a case and certainly not offering the shock protection from drops, skin obscures the phones color.
    09-02-2018 10:26 PM
    I'm more of a skin guy myself but the blue sticking out from a black skin drives my ocd crazy. really wish they released the black here in the states during preorder.
    09-02-2018 10:38 PM
    That's nice. Dbrand? Slickwrap?
    Slickwraps. It's the blue Honeycomb.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-03-2018 12:24 AM
    Does it come with a fingerprint sensor skin/cover?
    Yes. But I didn't put it on. It should render the sensor inoperable.
    09-03-2018 12:25 AM
    I'm more of a skin guy myself but the blue sticking out from a black skin drives my ocd crazy. really wish they released the black here in the states during preorder.
    Same boat here. That's why I settled on the blue Honeycomb. The skin matches the unskinned sides pretty well.
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-03-2018 12:27 AM
    Slickwraps. It's the blue Honeycomb.
    Nice. Thanks. I thought it was black to be honest lol
    09-03-2018 01:39 AM
    Thankfully alot of cases can be minimalist now.

I prefer to use the Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and a dbrand skin on mine.
    09-03-2018 01:52 AM
    The device is much thinner without a case and I love it. But I spent $1,330 and some change on my blue 512GB off Amazon and there's no way I'm handling this device without a sturdy case. I have it in a Lifeproof Next and I'll be switching between that and the Otterbox Defender.
    09-03-2018 03:09 AM
    The Note 8 felt better in my opinion. But anyway, there's some days I go without a case. I have a Squaretrade warranty and it seems to be the best option nowadays. plus, I'm very careful with my phones. I can't believe I see so many cracked screens when see other people's phones. Smartphones have never been cheap to purchase, so I've always been very mindful of how and when I handle mine.
    09-03-2018 05:28 AM
    You can always get this clear ESR case and use a screen protector.

I bought it and used if for about a day, and it does showcase the phone, but since I don't like screen protectors (I feel they take something away from the screen colors) I went back to my Black Samsung LED case and left the worries of screen scratching behind. That's me.

Regardless, if you want to showcase the phone and don't mind screen protectors, that clear ESR case would work.
    09-03-2018 11:48 AM
    The Note 8 felt better in my opinion. But anyway, there's some days I go without a case. I have a Squaretrade warranty and it seems to be the best option nowadays. plus, I'm very careful with my phones. I can't believe I see so many cracked screens when see other people's phones. Smartphones have never been cheap to purchase, so I've always been very mindful of how and when I handle mine.
    Have you used Squaretrade before? I've thought about using them, but the reviews seem mixed. Some people swear by them, but others have had nothing but bad experiences. How much is your plan and deductible?
    09-03-2018 12:14 PM
    To be honest, I think most of us get cases because of other people and not us. I actually never understood the reasoning to not have a case being because we are so careful with the phone. Shoot, I totally trust myself in handling the phone - it's other people that I can't predict. It could be someone accidentally bumping into me.. it could be an unexpected jostle on the bus/train. It could be your best friend that you let make a phone call. It could be your mom as you hand over your phone so she can talk to your sister. LOL - It's factors that are beyond our control that we all get cases for - really not so much for us.
    09-03-2018 12:42 PM
    That's one of the reasons that I always tell people to use their OWN phone.... No breaking or data privacy or settings changed issues, if people need to dial 911 they can do so even without a sim card inserted on any phone less than 5 years old
    09-03-2018 02:22 PM
    To be honest, I think most of us get cases because of other people and not us. I actually never understood the reasoning to not have a case being because we are so careful with the phone. Shoot, I totally trust myself in handling the phone - it's other people that I can't predict. It could be someone accidentally bumping into me.. it could be an unexpected jostle on the bus/train. It could be your best friend that you let make a phone call. It could be your mom as you hand over your phone so she can talk to your sister. LOL - It's factors that are beyond our control that we all get cases for - really not so much for us.
    This ^

I've never thought about that before and your spot on.
    KupKrazy and kptsalami like this.
    09-03-2018 02:23 PM
    I have the blue S-View flip cover on my Note. I have gotten a lot of compliments about the case and the phone (not that I am seeking attention for it).
    09-03-2018 02:48 PM
31 12