Bent S Pen...

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for not posting this sooner...I got my Note 9 on Aug 23rd, and on August 25th I noticed my SPen arrived bent, I know it wasn't my doing because I barely had a chance to use it which is why I didn't notice it the first day...

So I hit up VZW on FB messenger and after initially getting a response from a guy that said "the only way it could be bent is if the phone was bent" smh...

I got a person that told me, at the moment they're out of stock of the Yellow S Pen but they would credit my account 49.99 and I could buy it from an authorized seller...I was like ok... So I got it from Amazon and paid 17.50 after my gift card and refund on my account was applied...I was excited to get my NEW S Pen only to receive another Bent one!!!! I guess I can live with it, it's not that bad but it's noticable...20180830_211644.jpg20180830_211636.jpg20180830_211630.jpg

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not posting this sooner...I got my Note 9 on Aug 23rd, and on August 25th I noticed my SPen arrived bent, I know it wasn't my doing because I barely had a chance to use it which is why I didn't notice it the first day...

So I hit up VZW on FB messenger and after initially getting a response from a guy that said "the only way it could be bent is if the phone was bent" smh...

I got a person that told me, at the moment they're out of stock of the Yellow S Pen but they would credit my account 49.99 and I could buy it from an authorized seller...I was like ok... So I got it from Amazon and paid 17.50 after my gift card and refund on my account was applied...I was excited to get my NEW S Pen only to receive another Bent one!!!! I guess I can live with it, it's not that bad but it's noticable...View attachment 289634View attachment 289635View attachment 289636
You can send it back to Amazon and get a new one.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but I'm starting to think they may all look like that.... And like I said it's not that bad...

Rwboyer

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site
Mine is ever so slightly bent also. I have a replacement coming for a different issue tomorrow so I'll keep which ever one is not bent.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'm glad I'm not the only one...I may return mine to Amazon and see if I get lucky and get one that's straight

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Return it and get a black one. Maybe the black ones aren't bent. And IMO the black looks better than the banana.
The black wouldn't match the color of the phone, the yellow doesn't bother me as much as it being bent does, but having it black and not matching would really screw with my OCD

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site

I got a person that told me, at the moment they're out of stock of the Yellow S Pen but they would credit my account 49.99 and I could buy it from an authorized seller...I was like ok... So I got it from Amazon and paid 17.50 after my gift card and refund on my account was applied...I was excited to get my NEW S Pen only to receive another Bent one!!!! I guess I can live with it, it's not that bad but it's noticable...View attachment 289634View attachment 289635View attachment 289636

Wow, that is crazy! Not an issue I would have guessed to pop up. I would return the phone in it's entirety. One, the SPEN should not be bent and two, I would be leery of potential damage on the inside from a bent SPEN being slid in and click into place. Get a new phone, not just a new SPEN!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that is crazy! Not an issue I would have guessed to pop up. I would return the phone in it's entirety. One, the SPEN should not be bent and two, I would be leery of potential damage on the inside from a bent SPEN being slid in and click into place. Get a new phone, not just a new SPEN!
Is a very slight bend. No damage internally. Certainly not worth going through a return process. If you spend enough time in forums, you could find a flaw of some sort on just about any phone. 20180903_115236.jpg20180903_115244.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781