Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
10-11-2018 07:56 PM
72 123
tools
    I'm really wondering if it is supposed to have a small bend to create resistance coming out of the silo.
    09-04-2018 09:47 AM
    I'm really wondering if it is supposed to have a small bend to create resistance coming out of the silo.
    I don't think so. The product release photos don't show a bend and review videos I saw don't show one that I could see either. Also, many are posting saying they have no bend. Think the pen is really fragile and bending based on pressure when clicking the button or coming bent out of box.
    09-04-2018 09:49 AM
    Just checked mine and it's not bent at all...I'd get a new one, or maybe it's only the yellow ones
    09-04-2018 10:03 AM
    Just checked mine and it's not bent at all...I'd get a new one, or maybe it's only the yellow oneshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...77800ff123.jpg
    Could you flip it over and send another pic plz.
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    09-04-2018 10:13 AM
    I mentioned my buddy got two Nines about a week ago and one of them happens to be Blue with the banana yellow so I asked to check for the heck of it. Lucky guy, straight as an arrow.

Bent S Pen...-capture.jpg
    Fsociety00_dat likes this.
    09-04-2018 10:15 AM
    Could you flip it over and send another pic plz.
    This is it flipped
    09-04-2018 10:24 AM
    This is mine.

09-04-2018 12:11 PM
    Amazon is sending me another one hopefully this one is straight, if not I'll just love with it...
    09-05-2018 08:12 AM
    I have been a forum reader for years and yes, there are problems out there linked to almost every device. Some software, some hardware. All I'm saying is software issues are fine with me, however hardware defects not. I refuse to accept this and would never be fine after spending $1300 with a bent SPEN. It's not actually a minor issue like a small scratch on a frame. I'm currently using a Product Red iPhone 8 Plus and Galaxy Note 8. Both pristine hardware. Will be purchasing a Note 9 and will expect the same.
    I just noticed even my S-pen has bent or was bent right out of the box.I never really applied any pressure to make it bend.I have the midnight Black version.The bend is really slight. So is this common for all?Should i be worried?Should i return it?
    Attached Thumbnails Bent S Pen...-20180911_205036.jpg   Bent S Pen...-20180911_205156.jpg  
    09-12-2018 12:12 PM
    Does the s pen slide in and out of the phone Ok ?

You could choose to swap the phone out because of this but there's no guarantee the next pen will be completely straight or the phone being i assume as good as the one your using.

These forums can help people but boy can they cause people to fret.
    09-12-2018 12:25 PM
    Well, the question is... Will the pens that have the slight bend... Can it take any pressure if there is some pressure applied by accident or dropped? Just playing with mine and putting pressure at the joint I expected it to flex but surprisingly it's a pretty stiff pen.

These forums can help people but boy can they cause people to fret.
    09-12-2018 12:36 PM
    Eyeballing mine, it looks like it has a bit of bend. Works fine. Certainly not going to get my panties in a wad over it.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-12-2018 12:43 PM
    I just noticed even my S-pen has bent or was bent right out of the box.I never really applied any pressure to make it bend.I have the midnight Black version.The bend is really slight. So is this common for all?Should i be worried?Should i return it?
    My personal opinion is to return it, the S-Pen should not be bent. Major defect.
    09-12-2018 12:49 PM
    My personal opinion is to return it, the S-Pen should not be bent. Major defect.
    You paid a significant amount of money for a premium smartphone. Settling to accept a bent S-Pen should not even be an option. At all.

Especially if you plan to resell it down the road.
    09-12-2018 12:51 PM
    You paid a significant amount of money for a premium smartphone. Settling to accept a bent S-Pen should not even be an option. At all.

Especially if you plan to resell it down the road.
    Premium or not, it shouldn't be bent. A 10 cent Bic pen is still straight...
    09-12-2018 03:25 PM
    I just checked mine, it's yellow, it has a slight bend. Return the Phone? Fugeddaboutit !!!!

It may last forever. If a buyer wants to test it, I'll walk away.

I spent a week getting my phone set up how I want it. My time, $ 1,600.00.
    Replacement pen on Amazon, $49.95, do the math.
    09-12-2018 06:54 PM
    I would think you can just ask for a replacement pen under warranty...
    11B1P likes this.
    09-12-2018 08:30 PM
    Those with bent or warped S-Pens - do you notice the back of your phones getting quite hot? Just wondering if it’s a heat related issue that is causing a small portion of them to lose shape?
    09-20-2018 03:18 PM
    my s pen is bent ever so slightly and I barely use it and baby my phone's more then my own children. I haven't applied any force whatsoever. I bought a replacement s pen from Best Buy and it was bent too. exactly like my original s pen. It seems like they were produced this way. To answer your question, I have not noticed any substantial heat from the back of the phone at all.
    09-20-2018 04:38 PM
    my s pen is bent ever so slightly and I barely use it and baby my phone's more then my own children. I haven't applied any force whatsoever. I bought a replacement s pen from Best Buy and it was bent too. exactly like my original s pen. It seems like they were produced this way. To answer your question, I have not noticed any substantial heat from the back of the phone at all.
    Thanks. Was just curious. The fact you bought a replacement and it was bent too removes the theory of any heat issues.

Hope you returned the one from BB and got another. I know they were not manufactured this way by design as I inquired at a Samsung Store and all the S-Pens I saw at the store had zero bend.
    09-20-2018 04:40 PM
    also, just wanted to add, my brother's spent from his note 8, as well as my father's s-pen from his note 5 are completely straight. I've set them on a flat surface and you can clearly tell they're not bent. you can barely tell mine is bent unless you really, truly examine it. I'm a tad bit worried it will keep on bending as time progresses but it is what it is.
    09-20-2018 04:40 PM
    also, just wanted to add, my brother's spent from his note 8, as well as my father's s-pen from his note 5 are completely straight. I've set them on a flat surface and you can clearly tell they're not bent. you can barely tell mine is bent unless you really, truly examine it. I'm a tad bit worried it will keep on bending as time progresses but it is what it is.
    Yes, and monetary impacts when it comes to selling it down the road should you choose to do so. But first and foremost, it getting worse over time would definitely be a concern to me. My Note 8 pen is 100% straight.
    09-20-2018 04:41 PM
    I have a blue Note 9 and the pen is bent where the metal part joins the plastic part of the pen.

I got a lavender Note 9 also and it's pen is absolutely perfect. I've seen more blue phones that have the yellow pens that are slightly bent.
    09-20-2018 05:09 PM
    I have a blue Note 9 and the pen is bent where the metal part joins the plastic part of the pen.

I got a lavender Note 9 also and it's pen is absolutely perfect. I've seen more blue phones that have the yellow pens that are slightly bent.
    The location of where these pens are bent is concerning. Over time with use and little forces building up, it could weaken and at some stage these bent pens could break off. I would not be happy, after paying so much money for a premium phone to open the box and see a bent pen. I wouldn’t be keeping it 🤣
    09-20-2018 05:14 PM
    They won't get worse over time or affect resale in any way. You can hardly tell the are bent and ppl don't typically look at that when buying unless it's obvious.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    09-20-2018 06:29 PM
72 123