10-11-2018 07:56 PM
72 123
tools
    They won't get worse over time or affect resale in any way. You can hardly tell the are bent and ppl don't typically look at that when buying unless it's obvious.
    An opinion I will agree to disagree with. On both fronts.
    09-20-2018 06:35 PM
    Mine is fine.
    09-20-2018 06:45 PM
    They won't get worse over time or affect resale in any way. You can hardly tell the are bent and ppl don't typically look at that when buying unless it's obvious.
    Exactly. I had no idea mine was like this until I read this thread today. Sometimes forums are bad. They create "problems" when there really aren't any.
    09-21-2018 12:27 AM
    Exactly. I had no idea mine was like this until I read this thread today. Sometimes forums are bad. They create "problems" when there really aren't any.
    A bent S-Pen when the S-Pen is not designed to be bent is a problem 🤣 Now choosing to ignore it or settle is to each their own, but regardless it is a manufacturing defect and problem.
    09-21-2018 12:28 AM
    Forums can help to highlight issues that perhaps a person would have been oblivious to.

Wether this is a good or bad thing is down to how a person chooses to react to it.

I like many others I'm sure found ourselves taking out the s pen and laying it on something flat and chose to check for light bleed etc.

Mine is fine on all accounts.
    09-21-2018 12:42 AM
    Return it and get a black one. Maybe the black ones aren't bent. And IMO the black looks better than the banana.
    Mine is purple, same color as my phone and straight!
    09-21-2018 06:33 AM
    There is no way I would pay $1000 for a phone to have a bent pen (I wouldn't buy a $1000 phone to begin with). That is beyond unacceptable. My S6 Edge can darn near run circles around my brothers Note 8, I can't imagine the Note 9 being all that much better. My point is, I have a 3-1/2 year old phone doing the same things a $1000 phone can do and I don't have to deal with these issues (it's still nice to be able to control my TV from my phone). Might as well get an SPen from the dollar store if that's Samsungs level of Quality Control.
    09-21-2018 06:57 AM
    Run circles around? I doubt it. My S7 Edge can't run circles around my coworker's Note 8, let's just stop the exaggerating. If you don't like it and won't spend 1000 fine, then why are you even here?
    09-21-2018 07:24 AM
    Run circles around? I doubt it. My S7 Edge can't run circles around my coworker's Note 8, let's just stop the exaggerating. If you don't like it and won't spend 1000 fine, then why are you even here?
    ?? Man, my wife got me good. We prank each other every now and then and this is her post. She knows I've been wanting a Note 9 (she's an Apple fan girl), but I don't have enough saved yet and I don't want to finance. So she told me she put a post in the Note 9 forums for me....that she did. I'm gonna have people all over me for this one. For the record, my brother doesn't have a Note 8. Can you delete a post? lol
    09-21-2018 08:02 AM
    Just checked mine, pen is straight. But the display unit at best buy had the slightest bend
    09-25-2018 09:27 PM
    I have the yellow pen as well, no bend here.
    shaimere and Fsociety00_dat like this.
    09-26-2018 12:02 PM
    I have a yellow pen & mine is bent very slightly too, same point of the pen as in your images. I noticed it when you pointed it out in your original post. I don't think I would have noticed it had you not pointed it out. It hasn't been dropped or bent so I'm pretty sure that's just how it arrived. It works just fine and I doubt it would be noticed unless deliberately checking for straightness.
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    09-26-2018 05:49 PM
    I will be keeping my slightly bent S-pen. I guess that will make me the control group for further study.

IMHO this is not a defect or a problem. The pen fits into the phone now just the same as the day I got it and everything works. The fact that it fits means it is well within design tolerances and neither a cosmetic or functional defect.
    09-27-2018 02:44 PM
    I just checked my yellow spen and all is good on my end
    09-27-2018 06:06 PM
    This is my replacement 512's pen.

In my opinion, if your actual phone is perfectly fine it would be stupid to return it because of a cheap pen. Too many other things can be wrong with the phone itself to worry about something that doesn't affect anything, and that's coming from someone who exchanged his first one because it had the tiniest little ding in the casing.
    sweetypie31 and Cary Quinn like this.
    09-27-2018 07:52 PM
    Seems like a little activity going on with broken s pen on the Samsung’s Note 9 forum

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/.../382105/page/6
    10-07-2018 05:49 AM
    Seems like a little activity going on with broken s pen on the Samsung’s Note 9 forum

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/.../382105/page/6
    I'm wondering how people are gripping their pens in order for them to break.
    10-07-2018 04:30 PM
    This

Taken from a response on the Samsung forum regarding those with bent and or broken S-pens.

“If you look at the JerryRigs video on the older S-pen teardown, the chromed piece has maybe a thin 1/4 inch plastic that is basically pressed/joined to the tube of main pen. To get a pen that is warped means when they pressed them together that it didnt go in straight and bent that plastic plug. To stress/bend a small piece of plastic keeping the two parts together must weaken it. Some may get lucky and holds together. Some may not and a bit of pressure on the pen could snap it.”
    10-08-2018 01:52 PM
    I had posted that there. Just my theory on it and wondered if they noticed their pens were warped before it broke. I'd imagine if you see a bent pen it could be a sign that joint has been weakend.

This

Taken from a response on the Samsung forum regarding those with bent and or broken S-pens.

“If you look at the JerryRigs video on the older S-pen teardown, the chromed piece has maybe a thin 1/4 inch plastic that is basically pressed/joined to the tube of main pen. To get a pen that is warped means when they pressed them together that it didnt go in straight and bent that plastic plug. To stress/bend a small piece of plastic keeping the two parts together must weaken it. Some may get lucky and holds together. Some may not and a bit of pressure on the pen could snap it.”
    JohnnyForumReader likes this.
    10-08-2018 02:23 PM
    I went to best buy and bought one and it was also bent. Plus both demo's had a bend.
    10-11-2018 10:35 AM
    the pens are constructed of two pieces the plastic lower section and the metal top section. I have seen bent and broken pens as far back as the note 5.

you do need to take care to not apply too much pressure at the joint.
    10-11-2018 07:45 PM
    the pens are constructed of two pieces the plastic lower section and the metal top section. I have seen bent and broken pens as far back as the note 5.

you do need to take care to not apply too much pressure at the joint.
    The issue is they are coming bent out of the box. Clearly a manufacturing defect impacting a certain percentage of units. Those with bent pens will most likely deal with a broken pen at some point.
    10-11-2018 07:56 PM
72 123