Bent S Pen...

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Is a very slight bend. No damage internally. Certainly not worth going through a return process. If you spend enough time in forums, you could find a flaw of some sort on just about any phone. View attachment 289671View attachment 289672

Sorry, if I am spending $1300 CAD plus tax on a premium phone I expect a premium product. Software issue? Sure, I'll wait it out but in this case a bent SPEN? Never ever ever would I accept this.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, if I am spending $1300 CAD plus tax on a premium phone I expect a premium product. Software issue? Sure, I'll wait it out but in this case a bent SPEN? Never ever ever would I accept this.
If you hang out in the forums and do enough reading, you can find a problem with just about every phone. I don't think this is really a "defect".

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Got my Note 9 yesterday. S-pen is straight for now. That may change after I use it a remote a few times. But so long as it slides securely into its slot - it's all good.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
If you hang out in the forums and do enough reading, you can find a problem with just about every phone. I don't think this is really a "defect".

I have been a forum reader for years and yes, there are problems out there linked to almost every device. Some software, some hardware. All I'm saying is software issues are fine with me, however hardware defects not. I refuse to accept this and would never be fine after spending $1300 with a bent SPEN. It's not actually a minor issue like a small scratch on a frame. I'm currently using a Product Red iPhone 8 Plus and Galaxy Note 8. Both pristine hardware. Will be purchasing a Note 9 and will expect the same.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm really wondering if it is supposed to have a small bend to create resistance coming out of the silo.

I don't think so. The product release photos don't show a bend and review videos I saw don't show one that I could see either. Also, many are posting saying they have no bend. Think the pen is really fragile and bending based on pressure when clicking the button or coming bent out of box.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just checked mine and it's not bent at all...I'd get a new one, or maybe it's only the yellow ones
4c3aa0dfae6cef7cfde82077800ff123.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I mentioned my buddy got two Nines about a week ago and one of them happens to be Blue with the banana yellow so I asked to check for the heck of it. Lucky guy, straight as an arrow.

Capture.JPG

Sai Vinayak

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
Midnight Black Bent S-pen

I have been a forum reader for years and yes, there are problems out there linked to almost every device. Some software, some hardware. All I'm saying is software issues are fine with me, however hardware defects not. I refuse to accept this and would never be fine after spending $1300 with a bent SPEN. It's not actually a minor issue like a small scratch on a frame. I'm currently using a Product Red iPhone 8 Plus and Galaxy Note 8. Both pristine hardware. Will be purchasing a Note 9 and will expect the same.

I just noticed even my S-pen has bent or was bent right out of the box.I never really applied any pressure to make it bend.I have the midnight Black version.The bend is really slight. So is this common for all?Should i be worried?Should i return it?

Attachments

• 20180911_205036.jpg
    20180911_205036.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180911_205156.jpg
    20180911_205156.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 35

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Does the s pen slide in and out of the phone Ok ?

You could choose to swap the phone out because of this but there's no guarantee the next pen will be completely straight or the phone being i assume as good as the one your using.

These forums can help people but boy can they cause people to fret.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, the question is... Will the pens that have the slight bend... Can it take any pressure if there is some pressure applied by accident or dropped? Just playing with mine and putting pressure at the joint I expected it to flex but surprisingly it's a pretty stiff pen.

These forums can help people but boy can they cause people to fret.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Re: Midnight Black Bent S-pen

I just noticed even my S-pen has bent or was bent right out of the box.I never really applied any pressure to make it bend.I have the midnight Black version.The bend is really slight. So is this common for all?Should i be worried?Should i return it?

My personal opinion is to return it, the S-Pen should not be bent. Major defect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome