Bent S Pen...

catspyjamas

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
I have a yellow pen & mine is bent very slightly too, same point of the pen as in your images. I noticed it when you pointed it out in your original post. I don't think I would have noticed it had you not pointed it out. It hasn't been dropped or bent so I'm pretty sure that's just how it arrived. It works just fine and I doubt it would be noticed unless deliberately checking for straightness.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I will be keeping my slightly bent S-pen. I guess that will make me the control group for further study.

IMHO this is not a defect or a problem. The pen fits into the phone now just the same as the day I got it and everything works. The fact that it fits means it is well within design tolerances and neither a cosmetic or functional defect.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
This is my replacement 512's pen.

TJEr0Ss.jpg

f7p5UO5.jpg

In my opinion, if your actual phone is perfectly fine it would be stupid to return it because of a cheap pen. Too many other things can be wrong with the phone itself to worry about something that doesn't affect anything, and that's coming from someone who exchanged his first one because it had the tiniest little ding in the casing.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
This

Taken from a response on the Samsung forum regarding those with bent and or broken S-pens.

“If you look at the JerryRigs video on the older S-pen teardown, the chromed piece has maybe a thin 1/4 inch plastic that is basically pressed/joined to the tube of main pen. To get a pen that is warped means when they pressed them together that it didnt go in straight and bent that plastic plug. To stress/bend a small piece of plastic keeping the two parts together must weaken it. Some may get lucky and holds together. Some may not and a bit of pressure on the pen could snap it.”

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I had posted that there. Just my theory on it and wondered if they noticed their pens were warped before it broke. I'd imagine if you see a bent pen it could be a sign that joint has been weakend.

This

Taken from a response on the Samsung forum regarding those with bent and or broken S-pens.

“If you look at the JerryRigs video on the older S-pen teardown, the chromed piece has maybe a thin 1/4 inch plastic that is basically pressed/joined to the tube of main pen. To get a pen that is warped means when they pressed them together that it didnt go in straight and bent that plastic plug. To stress/bend a small piece of plastic keeping the two parts together must weaken it. Some may get lucky and holds together. Some may not and a bit of pressure on the pen could snap it.”

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
the pens are constructed of two pieces the plastic lower section and the metal top section. I have seen bent and broken pens as far back as the note 5.

you do need to take care to not apply too much pressure at the joint.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
the pens are constructed of two pieces the plastic lower section and the metal top section. I have seen bent and broken pens as far back as the note 5.

you do need to take care to not apply too much pressure at the joint.
The issue is they are coming bent out of the box. Clearly a manufacturing defect impacting a certain percentage of units. Those with bent pens will most likely deal with a broken pen at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz