02-24-2019 12:37 PM
145 ... 456
tools
    clearly this is the best over-all smartphone ever produced !!

imho
    peterburns likes this.
    09-16-2018 05:44 AM
    Not that I care to turn off the shutter sound, but the option is available on my Verizon Note 9. Looks like maybe the issue is with your carrier and not Samsung. Attachment 290001
    My shutter sound which was on is now off.... not sure how though!
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    09-16-2018 05:51 AM
    The short answer no;

The long answer:

I loved the 7 until they disabled it. I put action notes from the 5 on it to reclaim the Note 7 from the toy Samsung made it back into the business device it should be. Then they refunded my $ and gave me the 8 for $425, I got the unlocked version which didn't have advanced calling on the Verizon network, and I never could get action notes to work properly on the 8 either. I sold my Note 8 for $500 to a guy that works on ships that travel the world, and paid $900 for my 9, and now have the advanced calling back, and I like it better than my nephews iPhone X, (not sure what version, ) he said it was over $1000 out the door, or any other phone I examined. So I have no regrets trading $400 and my Note 8 for it.

BUT...the functionality of the Note 3 being able to take a Note while on a call with a customer, then that note popping back up when that customer calls back, which refreshed my memory on the deal specifics we discussed earlier, as well as being able to draw a box around a name and a number to add it to contacts, still makes my Note 3 the best business phone I've ever had. I still like the 9, but it's more of an expensive toy than a productive business device that the Note 3 was, and it also had the ability to change the battery out. That would have saved Samsung millions of dollars if they weren't preoccupied with copying Apple instead of offering a clear winner of a phone for business power users.
    I'd much rather have the real action Notes back, (yes I downloaded and installed the Note 5 apk, but it still doesn't function as well as it did on my 3.) than to make a cute emoji of myself or use the S-pen as a remote. Now if they had incorporated a projector in the phone so I could show a prospect a power point presentation on his wall or on the back of a legal size note pad, then we're talking a real business use of the S-pen as a functional business device.
    01-08-2019 11:39 PM
    No regrets here. I'm on the yearly upgrade with Samsung Financing where they give you half of what you paid for it, along with a gazillion freebies, so it seemed like a good deal financially. I hate dealing with gazelle and swappa, even though they are good sites.
    As for the device itself, the battery is a lot better on the 9 versus the 8.
    I'm satisfied.
    01-09-2019 05:05 AM
    Yea. The Note 8 was absolutely fantastic and I feel the same way.
    No regrets, but if I had to go back to the Note 8 I wouldn't hesitate.
    01-09-2019 05:16 AM
    brilliant!!!!! Lol!!!
    01-10-2019 03:11 PM
    No regrets. If you move from the Note 8, you'll instantly see the vast difference in battery life; for the better.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    01-10-2019 05:13 PM
    I bought the Note9 thinking it would be the update I wanted from Pixel2 XL.
    It's got a great battery. That is all I can say. Pixel 2 camera beats the Note9 hands down. It's noticeable in every picture. Especially classroom pics. I have two phones and I have two plans at the moment. To be honest, the Note9 takes the backseat a lot. I have owned Note products since version 4 so it's not that I don't love the Note, it just seems like an ok device.
    02-20-2019 10:49 AM
    I bought the Note9 thinking it would be the update I wanted from Pixel2 XL.
    It's got a great battery. That is all I can say. Pixel 2 camera beats the Note9 hands down. It's noticeable in every picture. Especially classroom pics. I have two phones and I have two plans at the moment. To be honest, the Note9 takes the backseat a lot. I have owned Note products since version 4 so it's not that I don't love the Note, it just seems like an ok device.
    You can always install the Pixel 3 camera on the Note 9, works great for me.
    02-20-2019 11:30 AM
    I regret the pie update. It destroyed the recents and split screen feature.
    02-20-2019 06:44 PM
    What is the problem you're having with split screen view? Working normally for me.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-20-2019 06:52 PM
    What is the problem you're having with split screen view? Working normally for me.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...149ff12b54.jpg
    Before being downgraded by pie, if you pressed and held the left button you would get a 50-50 split screen. No more! Now you click the recents button. Scroll to the app for the top screen. Click the icon. Scroll down to split screen option. Click it. That puts the top app minimized in the upper window. Then you select an app for the lower window. Only at this stage is the top app visible.

Then once in split screen the feature glitches repeatedly. One recent problem was when two Internet screens are open, hitting back in screen 2 opens it in screen 1.
    02-20-2019 08:51 PM
    I saw someone else mention that they hated Recents too. I love it. It does remind me of an iPhone but better because of close all. With the old Recents I was constantly opening the bottom app (when I have many open) when hitting Close All. Sometimes it would be my wifi garage door opener app & sure enough I'd open the damn door again! I know, First World problems but I like this Pie version better.
    02-20-2019 10:09 PM
    No regrets here. I'm on the yearly upgrade with Samsung Financing where they give you half of what you paid for it, along with a gazillion freebies, so it seemed like a good deal financially. I hate dealing with gazelle and swappa, even though they are good sites.
    As for the device itself, the battery is a lot better on the 9 versus the 8.
    I'm satisfied.
    I tried to apply for that, but I got turned down. The trade in program actually had me thinking about upgrading to the 10.
    oldmortality likes this.
    02-21-2019 08:38 AM
    I saw someone else mention that they hated Recents too. I love it. It does remind me of an iPhone but better because of close all. With the old Recents I was constantly opening the bottom app (when I have many open) when hitting Close All. Sometimes it would be my wifi garage door opener app & sure enough I'd open the damn door again! I know, First World problems but I like this Pie version better.
    I actually don't have an issue with the new Recents screen. It is one of the few good things from the update.
    02-21-2019 08:40 AM
    Still loving my Note 8... saved me a lot of money and it's rockin in the fast lane, doing absolutely everything I want it to do. BTW... the Note 9 is a great phone, not knocking it at all. Just wasn't enough of an upgrade... for me... to justify giving up seven hundred bucks in credits from Verizon.
    j_hansen likes this.
    02-23-2019 10:21 AM
    As above... I was very tempted to upgrade to the Note 9 from the 8 but resisted and got a Galaxy Watch 46mm BT version instead, and now with Pie and One UI coming soon it will feel a bit like a new phone again, so roll on the Note 10 that will probably be expensive enough still even though I'm due an upgrade through my provider/carrier mid November but at least it should mean that I can get the highest spec version they come out with and it will still be well under 1k.
    I can't help to think that there will be at least two Note versions, regular Note 10 and Note Fold as well.
    7nm chip and 1TB/12GB/5G and hopefully we will finally get fast charging graphene batteries as well
    02-23-2019 11:10 AM
    I was happy with my Note 8, and was going to wait on the 10... but last week I saw a new Alpine white dual sim on amazon for 699 shipped. I bought it - no regrets - great phone, great price imo.Regrets-note-9-alpine-white.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Regrets-note-9-specs.jpg  
    02-24-2019 08:07 AM
    I was happy with my Note 8, and was going to wait on the 10... but last week I saw a new Alpine white dual sim on amazon for 699 shipped. I bought it - no regrets - great phone, great price imo.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	note 9 alpine white.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	312.4 KB 
ID:	298572
    Does this have warranty? Also, does it support wifi calling and Samsung pay?
    02-24-2019 12:30 PM
    Did not plan to get the Note 9. Liked the bigger battery, speakers and new pen but was not about to spend the money considering I had a perfectly good Note 8. Until the holiday specials... $400 off, $200 gift card and was able to sell the 8 on Swappa for $450. Better deal than I could have hoped for, so yeah, no regrets... LOL
    02-24-2019 12:37 PM
145 ... 456