rlopin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded processor, 3 lens camera, in screen fingerprint sensor and possibly do away with touch wiz and migrating to tizen.

Doing away with Touch Wiz possible but highly unlikely. Tizen? Not even a remote chance on the back of a flea Samsung would replace Android with Tizen on their flagship phone.

guitar_65riff

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
I rooted my Gear 2 and installed all sorts of apps. Even able to go on line etc
But tbh it wasn't worth it.
Tizen is pretty good and I wouldn't bother doing it again

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Note9 for a total of 3 days so far and I have absolutely no regrets coming from my Note8. The Note8 was a great phone, but this one, like someone above said, is exactly what the Note8 should have been. Faster processors, better cameras, BIGGER storage memory and RAM, finally in the color I have always wanted - blue- and not to mention the battery! This phone actually lasted an entire day, even with all the games I play, social media, etc. I had to charge it once I got home from work but that's exactly how it should be. With the same usage on the Note8, I would have to always charge it once I got to work, then again in the middle of the afternoon, and possibly at night if I remember to charge before i fall asleep. I don't leave my phone charging overnight only because I feel like it's best.

Overall, this has been a great upgrade and I simply have no regrets.

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
The short answer no;

The long answer:

I loved the 7 until they disabled it. I put action notes from the 5 on it to reclaim the Note 7 from the toy Samsung made it back into the business device it should be. Then they refunded my $ and gave me the 8 for $425, I got the unlocked version which didn't have advanced calling on the Verizon network, and I never could get action notes to work properly on the 8 either. I sold my Note 8 for $500 to a guy that works on ships that travel the world, and paid $900 for my 9, and now have the advanced calling back, and I like it better than my nephews iPhone X, (not sure what version, ) he said it was over $1000 out the door, or any other phone I examined. So I have no regrets trading $400 and my Note 8 for it.

BUT...the functionality of the Note 3 being able to take a Note while on a call with a customer, then that note popping back up when that customer calls back, which refreshed my memory on the deal specifics we discussed earlier, as well as being able to draw a box around a name and a number to add it to contacts, still makes my Note 3 the best business phone I've ever had. I still like the 9, but it's more of an expensive toy than a productive business device that the Note 3 was, and it also had the ability to change the battery out. That would have saved Samsung millions of dollars if they weren't preoccupied with copying Apple instead of offering a clear winner of a phone for business power users.
I'd much rather have the real action Notes back, (yes I downloaded and installed the Note 5 apk, but it still doesn't function as well as it did on my 3.) than to make a cute emoji of myself or use the S-pen as a remote. Now if they had incorporated a projector in the phone so I could show a prospect a power point presentation on his wall or on the back of a legal size note pad, then we're talking a real business use of the S-pen as a functional business device.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
No regrets here. I'm on the yearly upgrade with Samsung Financing where they give you half of what you paid for it, along with a gazillion freebies, so it seemed like a good deal financially. I hate dealing with gazelle and swappa, even though they are good sites.
As for the device itself, the battery is a lot better on the 9 versus the 8.
I'm satisfied.

jpkelly05

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Note9 thinking it would be the update I wanted from Pixel2 XL.
It's got a great battery. That is all I can say. Pixel 2 camera beats the Note9 hands down. It's noticeable in every picture. Especially classroom pics. I have two phones and I have two plans at the moment. To be honest, the Note9 takes the backseat a lot. I have owned Note products since version 4 so it's not that I don't love the Note, it just seems like an ok device.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Note9 thinking it would be the update I wanted from Pixel2 XL.
It's got a great battery. That is all I can say. Pixel 2 camera beats the Note9 hands down. It's noticeable in every picture. Especially classroom pics. I have two phones and I have two plans at the moment. To be honest, the Note9 takes the backseat a lot. I have owned Note products since version 4 so it's not that I don't love the Note, it just seems like an ok device.

You can always install the Pixel 3 camera on the Note 9, works great for me.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I regret the pie update. It destroyed the recents and split screen feature.
What is the problem you're having with split screen view? Working normally for me.
3a83a2df908b26acbe84e2149ff12b54.jpg

Hollywoodin2001

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
What is the problem you're having with split screen view? Working normally for me.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190221/3a83a2df908b26acbe84e2149ff12b54.jpg

Before being downgraded by pie, if you pressed and held the left button you would get a 50-50 split screen. No more! Now you click the recents button. Scroll to the app for the top screen. Click the icon. Scroll down to split screen option. Click it. That puts the top app minimized in the upper window. Then you select an app for the lower window. Only at this stage is the top app visible.

Then once in split screen the feature glitches repeatedly. One recent problem was when two Internet screens are open, hitting back in screen 2 opens it in screen 1.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I regret the pie update. It destroyed the recents and split screen feature.
I saw someone else mention that they hated Recents too. I love it. It does remind me of an iPhone but better because of close all. With the old Recents I was constantly opening the bottom app (when I have many open) when hitting Close All. Sometimes it would be my wifi garage door opener app & sure enough I'd open the damn door again! I know, First World problems but I like this Pie version better.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
No regrets here. I'm on the yearly upgrade with Samsung Financing where they give you half of what you paid for it, along with a gazillion freebies, so it seemed like a good deal financially. I hate dealing with gazelle and swappa, even though they are good sites.
As for the device itself, the battery is a lot better on the 9 versus the 8.
I'm satisfied.

I tried to apply for that, but I got turned down. The trade in program actually had me thinking about upgrading to the 10.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I saw someone else mention that they hated Recents too. I love it. It does remind me of an iPhone but better because of close all. With the old Recents I was constantly opening the bottom app (when I have many open) when hitting Close All. Sometimes it would be my wifi garage door opener app & sure enough I'd open the damn door again! I know, First World problems but I like this Pie version better.

I actually don't have an issue with the new Recents screen. It is one of the few good things from the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech