Will Galaxy X overtake Note 9 as flagship?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I'm going to lose my s$%^ if Samsung releases that device this year. I just dropped $1,330 on a Note 9.

The device in that video looks too good to be true. I remain skeptical.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, looking at the specs it doesn’t make sense... if they released this phone by end of year, I’m thinking why even release the S10?

Unless they are looking at the Apple model where they have an iPhone X at the $1k range and the 8/8Plus at a lower price point, do they expect to do the same putting the Galaxy X in the same league as the iPhone X with Note like pricing and then the S Series underneath it??

It will be interesting to see what they will actually release. I hope it does look close to the renders.. nice looking phone even though I don’t think the 99% screen ratio is practical.... impossible to hold while and fingers blocking full fullscreen view of videos/games and worse would be the false touches of screen at edges.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Honestly, looking at the specs it doesn’t make sense... if they released this phone by end of year, I’m thinking why even release the S10?

Unless they are looking at the Apple model where they have an iPhone X at the $1k range and the 8/8Plus at a lower price point, do they expect to do the same putting the Galaxy X in the same league as the iPhone X with Note like pricing and then the S Series underneath it??

It will be interesting to see what they will actually release. I hope it does look close to the renders.. nice looking phone even though I don’t think the 99% screen ratio is practical.... impossible to hold while and fingers blocking full fullscreen view of videos/games and worse would be the false touches of screen at edges.

This.

And the link provided in the OP says the Galaxy X will come with SD 855. SD 855 will be on all flagships next year. I see Samsung releasing the Galaxy X with the S-line of devices.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I doubt they will release it and even if they did it probably won't be a mainstream day to day device and will still have some limitations. It's more of a cool phone with **possible** upside to become mainstream after a year or two based on how it does and how fast they can improve on it.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

Simple answer from me. I don’t want a folding phone, ever. If this were true and looking at the specs the size of it would be longer than the note 9 and I purposely went with the galaxy S9 because of the length of the phone over the galaxy S9 plus or the note 9. It’s too darn tall when unfolded. Some would like it some will not. I’m waiting for the galaxy S10. Not to mention the thickness of it when you have a folded. Try to put that in your pocket.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Simple answer from me. I don’t want a folding phone, ever. If this were true and looking at the specs the size of it would be longer than the note 9 and I purposely went with the galaxy S9 because of the length of the phone over the galaxy S9 plus or the note 9. It’s too darn tall when unfolded. Some would like it some will not. I’m waiting for the galaxy S10. Not to mention the thickness of it when you have a folded. Try to put that in your pocket.

Totally agree, the thickness when folded alone is enough for me to pass on the device!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
As soon as the Samsung X gets pre-released, I'll be buying one of the Note 9 512gb jumper phones from here for $650.00 or much less. LOL.

Last edited:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Simple answer from me. I don’t want a folding phone, ever. If this were true and looking at the specs the size of it would be longer than the note 9 and I purposely went with the galaxy S9 because of the length of the phone over the galaxy S9 plus or the note 9. It’s too darn tall when unfolded. Some would like it some will not...... Not to mention the thickness of it when you have a folded. Try to put that in your pocket.
Exactly how I feel.