Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Turns out it isn't the folding Galaxy and this will have 4 cameras! I thought the 8gb ram Note was supposed to be geared towards gamers?

Will they dethrone the Note 8 as the premier flagship now?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...cid=spartanntp
    09-03-2018 09:49 PM
    It might in some people's minds.
    09-03-2018 09:54 PM
    I'm going to lose my s$%^ if Samsung releases that device this year. I just dropped $1,330 on a Note 9.

The device in that video looks too good to be true. I remain skeptical.
    09-03-2018 09:59 PM
    Turns out it isn't the folding Galaxy and this will have 4 cameras! I thought the 8gb ram Note was supposed to be geared towards gamers?

Yes, it will dethrone, especially in terms of camera tech. The Note 9 will have the SPEN over it and that is about all. Read numerous reports of it coming out by years end.
    09-03-2018 10:05 PM
    Honestly, looking at the specs it doesn’t make sense... if they released this phone by end of year, I’m thinking why even release the S10?

Unless they are looking at the Apple model where they have an iPhone X at the $1k range and the 8/8Plus at a lower price point, do they expect to do the same putting the Galaxy X in the same league as the iPhone X with Note like pricing and then the S Series underneath it??

It will be interesting to see what they will actually release. I hope it does look close to the renders.. nice looking phone even though I don’t think the 99% screen ratio is practical.... impossible to hold while and fingers blocking full fullscreen view of videos/games and worse would be the false touches of screen at edges.
    09-03-2018 10:43 PM
    Honestly, looking at the specs it doesn’t make sense... if they released this phone by end of year, I’m thinking why even release the S10?

Unless they are looking at the Apple model where they have an iPhone X at the $1k range and the 8/8Plus at a lower price point, do they expect to do the same putting the Galaxy X in the same league as the iPhone X with Note like pricing and then the S Series underneath it??

It will be interesting to see what they will actually release. I hope it does look close to the renders.. nice looking phone even though I don’t think the 99% screen ratio is practical.... impossible to hold while and fingers blocking full fullscreen view of videos/games and worse would be the false touches of screen at edges.
    This.

And the link provided in the OP says the Galaxy X will come with SD 855. SD 855 will be on all flagships next year. I see Samsung releasing the Galaxy X with the S-line of devices.
    09-03-2018 11:14 PM
    Nope I don't think so. I think that it will flop!
    09-04-2018 04:41 AM
    That thang as is would be crazy spensive.
    09-04-2018 07:35 AM
    I will believe it when I see it.
    09-04-2018 07:42 AM
    here some more new on foldable Samsung phone

https://www.androidauthority.com/?p=901522
    Samsung could unveil the phone as soon as November, according to DJ Koh.
    09-04-2018 08:25 AM
    I doubt they will release it and even if they did it probably won't be a mainstream day to day device and will still have some limitations. It's more of a cool phone with **possible** upside to become mainstream after a year or two based on how it does and how fast they can improve on it.
    dsignori likes this.
    09-04-2018 08:53 AM

Flagship is just semantics. Doesn't mean anything. Why do you need to know what is the "Flagship"?
    09-04-2018 11:36 AM

Simple answer from me. I don’t want a folding phone, ever. If this were true and looking at the specs the size of it would be longer than the note 9 and I purposely went with the galaxy S9 because of the length of the phone over the galaxy S9 plus or the note 9. It’s too darn tall when unfolded. Some would like it some will not. I’m waiting for the galaxy S10. Not to mention the thickness of it when you have a folded. Try to put that in your pocket.
    dsignori likes this.
    09-04-2018 01:32 PM
    Simple answer from me. I don’t want a folding phone, ever. If this were true and looking at the specs the size of it would be longer than the note 9 and I purposely went with the galaxy S9 because of the length of the phone over the galaxy S9 plus or the note 9. It’s too darn tall when unfolded. Some would like it some will not. I’m waiting for the galaxy S10. Not to mention the thickness of it when you have a folded. Try to put that in your pocket.
    Totally agree, the thickness when folded alone is enough for me to pass on the device!
    09-04-2018 01:47 PM
    Question is nonsensical. The Note line, the S line and whatever this "X" is are all separate lineups.
    Jewels81 and Mr Segundus like this.
    09-04-2018 02:32 PM
    I'm waiting to see what it is and what it looks like before I pass judgement.
    09-04-2018 04:10 PM
    Question is nonsensical. The Note line, the S line and whatever this "X" is are all separate lineups.
    Exactly.
    09-04-2018 04:30 PM
    Yes, it will dethrone, especially in terms of camera tech. The Note 9 will have the SPEN over it and that is about all. Read numerous reports of it coming out by years end.
    I'm fairly certain I read some tech blogs saying the Note 9 would be Samsung's last device for 2018.
    09-04-2018 04:49 PM
    As soon as the Samsung X gets pre-released, I'll be buying one of the Note 9 512gb jumper phones from here for $650.00 or much less. LOL.
    debdroid1a and j_hansen like this.
    09-04-2018 07:02 PM
    Simple answer from me. I don’t want a folding phone, ever. If this were true and looking at the specs the size of it would be longer than the note 9 and I purposely went with the galaxy S9 because of the length of the phone over the galaxy S9 plus or the note 9. It’s too darn tall when unfolded. Some would like it some will not...... Not to mention the thickness of it when you have a folded. Try to put that in your pocket.
    Exactly how I feel.
    09-04-2018 07:18 PM
    As soon as the Samsung X gets pre-released, I'll be buying one of the Note 9 512gb jumper phones from here for $650.00 or much less. LOL.
    Maybe it's good I waited. Still want a Note 9. Maybe then tmobile will drop the high down payment.

I had a foldable type phone. An LG env 2. It wasn't bad since I could use the phone in foldable mode.
    Even had some "apps" on it. I wanted the keyboard mostly. Plus a micro SD card slot for added memory.
    Attached Thumbnails Will Galaxy X overtake Note 9 as flagship?-smartselect_20180905-064931_samsung-internet.jpg  
    09-05-2018 07:50 AM
    I'm thinking the folding phones will go the way of the Samsung Round.

Will be interesting to see how durable they design this... can't imagine a case being possible on a folding phone or the bulk it would add on top of it. Forget tempered glass screen protector or even a plastic one that will stay on with all the bending.
    09-05-2018 08:51 AM

Meh, by the time I decide to upgrade my Note 9, X1 or XII will be out by then. I'm not into upgrading phones every time the next model releases. I don't have money like that. Anyway this is my first Note phone. Prior to that I was on the S model - S3 > S5 > S7 Edge > Note 9
    09-05-2018 05:09 PM
    The part that Samsung does to try to entice people to buy their new tech is to offer something that past phones don't. Whether it's new camera tech, faster processor, huge battery, AR Emoji, etc.
    I'm sure some people who bought the Note9 had no use for the s-pen, yet bought it for the big battery.
    In this case, I think they are pushing the quad camera. If the internal specs were identical to the Note9, would many people buy it for the lone reason of the display?
    Also, will this have 2 batteries? How does that work?
    09-06-2018 06:08 AM
    I think this phone will be more niche than when the first Note came out, especially at this high price point.
    09-06-2018 06:10 AM