09-14-2018 09:38 PM
74 123
tools
    Is anyone buying the new Samsung watch? Mine is being delivered via Amazon on 7th.(been on pre order for 3 weeks.
    I sold my Galaxy Classic and feel naked with that sun tan circle on my wrist! So I can't wait for it to arrive!
    Also get the wireless charger as a freebie

debdroid1a and jma78b like this.
    09-04-2018 05:04 AM
    I ordered the 46mm lte/4g version and should have it latest next week, although I haven't worn a watch for 20 years and don't really like to wear one, I decided to give this watch a go and wait with the Note 9 for later in the year ( have the Note 8 )
    Really hope I can get used to wearing a watch again :-)
    guitar_65riff likes this.
    09-04-2018 05:12 AM
    I ordered the 46mm lte/4g version and should have it latest next week, although I haven't worn a watch for 20 years and don't really like to wear one, I decided to give this watch a go and wait with the Note 9 for later in the year ( have the Note 8 )
    Really hope I can get used to wearing a watch again :-)
    Ahh hope you can. Its so useful! I should have waited to sell my classic a bit longer really.
    I love that the watches allow you to see whatever notification are on the phone and I don't need to keep getting the phone out of my pocket /bag.
    Plus if course the health app etc
    Has so many uses. The only thing I miss is the camera that was on the original Galaxy Gear watch. That was great for taking a quick snapshot.
    09-04-2018 05:20 AM
    Was really impressed with the new battery capacity of the 46mm. My S3 Frontier was on its last leg as battery would die within a few hours so was looking forward to the Galaxy Watch. When they removed MST feature for Samsung Pay I was disappointed as I use SP a lot so that was a huge deal breaker for me. Plus I also don't like the two tone finish on the 46mm version. I looked up how to replace the battery on my Frontier and did the swap my self a couple of weeks ago and now my Frontier is back to life. Maybe I'll be able to find a Classic for cheap so I can switch between both styles.
    09-04-2018 05:41 AM
    Was really impressed with the new battery capacity of the 46mm. My S3 Frontier was on its last leg as battery would die within a few hours so was looking forward to the Galaxy Watch. When they removed MST feature for Samsung Pay I was disappointed as I use SP a lot so that was a huge deal breaker for me. Plus I also don't like the two tone finish on the 46mm version. I looked up how to replace the battery on my Frontier and did the swap my self a couple of weeks ago and now my Frontier is back to life. Maybe I'll be able to find a Classic for cheap so I can switch between both styles.
    I just sold mine.
    The 42m will be better for me size wise and can still use the SP
    Battery life is supposed to be much improved. Counting the days!
    09-04-2018 05:44 AM
    My comments exactly. I need to change my battery as well. No mst seems like a step back. My 2ยข.
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-04-2018 06:53 AM
    I bought the new Galaxy Watch (42mm) and have had it for going on 2 weeks now. It replaced my inconsistent Galaxy Sport. I love it. No issues at all.
    guitar_65riff and debdroid1a like this.
    09-04-2018 07:00 AM
    I bought the new Galaxy Watch (42mm) and have had it for going on 2 weeks now. It replaced my inconsistent Galaxy Sport. I love it. No issues at all.
    You have it already? Where are you?
    09-04-2018 07:05 AM
    I ordered it through Best Buy and am in Northern Virginia (US). I received it on the 24th (received my 512 Note 9 on the 23rd). It is not LTE.
    09-04-2018 07:07 AM
    I ordered it through Best Buy and am in Northern Virginia (US). I received it on the 24th (received my 512 Note 9 on the 23rd). It is not LTE.
    Ahhh I'm in the UK. We're always last!
    09-04-2018 07:11 AM
    Wife got the 42" Rose Gold LTE through TMobile. Had it for two days and sent it back. Battery life was horrible. The non-LTE version would be the one to get. The Rose Gold is a work of art. It is absolutely beautiful.
    09-04-2018 07:39 AM
    Agreed. No MST was deal breaker.
    11B1P likes this.
    09-04-2018 07:41 AM
    Wife got the 42" Rose Gold LTE through TMobile. Had it for two days and sent it back. Battery life was horrible. The non-LTE version would be the one to get. The Rose Gold is a work of art. It is absolutely beautiful.
    That's what I'm getting from amazon. Driving me mad waiting lol
    09-04-2018 07:42 AM
    My battery life is also horrible. I get maybe 1.5 to 2 days out of it and I am a light user.
    09-04-2018 07:52 AM
    My battery life is also horrible. I get maybe 1.5 to 2 days out of it and I am a light user.
    Doesn't sound right does it. Even the classic was 2 days for me
    09-04-2018 08:02 AM
    Keep in mind the better battery performance is on the 46mm version because it has a larger battery. The 42mm has the same capacity as the S3 so 1.5 to 2 days sounds pretty accurate depending on how you use it.
    09-04-2018 08:06 AM
    Keep in mind the better battery performance is on the 46mm version because it has a larger battery. The 42mm has the same capacity as the S3 so 1.5 to 2 days sounds pretty accurate depending on how you use it.
    Ahh good to know thanks
    09-04-2018 08:07 AM
    Ordered my 46mm Black Silver Non LTE Direct from Samsung UK, due to ship on the 6th, cant wait, also theyre giving me the new phone/watch Charge Dock for free
    ruudymike and jma78b like this.
    09-04-2018 09:13 AM
    Had pre ordered 42 mm from Samsung.com. Shipped last week for delivery later this week. So I should have it soon, could have gotten on 24th itself if bought from Amazon or best buy instead of Samsung.com but stuck with it since they are including a free strap with pre orders. Was not in hurry to get it so wasn't a big deal.
    09-04-2018 09:22 AM
    Got a 46mm on Sunday at TMobile. Wow, I've had an Apple watch before but this thing makes the Apple watch seem like a POS. I love this thing, haven't charged it since Sunday, I've been sleep tracking and testing the auto workout function. Really enjoying it so far
    09-04-2018 10:18 AM
    Lol I still love the Apple watch though personally, may be because I already had the S3 and Apple watch together earlier and like them for different reasons

Galaxy watch+Note 9, Apple watch+iPhone, Pixel watch+Pixel 3 (that was the plan until reports that Pixel watch is no go this year so got to find another for the pixel 3 later this year), is my combo.
    09-04-2018 11:03 AM
    I just switched from Apple to the Note 9 and Galaxy Watch 46mm. Liked the Apple watch a lot, Galaxy is growing on me. I wish there were more apps for the watch, kinda think staying with Tizen was a bad decision on Samsungs part. Does anyone know why the watch always sends you back to the phone to respond to alerts? For example, the ring video doorbell alerts say snooze or ignore on the screen and then force you back to the phone to select the snooze time...
    09-04-2018 01:34 PM
    Lol I still love the Apple watch though personally, may be because I already had the S3 and Apple watch together earlier and like them for different reasons

Galaxy watch+Note 9, Apple watch+iPhone, Pixel watch+Pixel 3 (that was the plan until reports that Pixel watch is no go this year so got to find another for the pixel 3 later this year), is my combo.
    Yeah I am really in a bind since no Pixel Watch. It actually crushed me lol. I want a LTE watch so bad but there really are no good Wear OS LTE Watches except maybe the Galaxy one... which no doubt will be good but would work best with a Samsung phone versus something like my Pixel.

I then would like an Apple Watch but I am heavy into Google so while you can make Google work on iPhone it doesn't as well as it does on Android plus I would lose some things like texting from my PC via Pulse SMS since you can't do that on Apple.

Always trade offs. UGHHH .
    09-04-2018 01:58 PM
    Yeah I am really in a bind since no Pixel Watch. It actually crushed me lol. I want a LTE watch so bad but there really are no good Wear OS LTE Watches except maybe the Galaxy one... which no doubt will be good but would work best with a Samsung phone versus something like my Pixel.

I then would like an Apple Watch but I am heavy into Google so while you can make Google work on iPhone it doesn't as well as it does on Android plus I would lose some things like texting from my PC via Pulse SMS since you can't do that on Apple.

Always trade offs. UGHHH .
    Yeah let's see Qualcomm has an event on September 10th related to their next watch SOC and hopefully we get more better options in the holidays.
    09-04-2018 02:08 PM
    Yeah let's see Qualcomm has an event on September 10th related to their next watch SOC and hopefully we get more better options in the holidays.
    Yeah. My one big gripe about iPhone that holds me back is I would set some reminders and such via my Google Homes and some would sync to the iPhone and some wouldn't. That is a big thing for me.

But I digress. For those of you getting the Galaxy watch to pair w/ your Note I think you will love it. It should be a match made in heaven like iWatch/iPhone :P.
    jlangner likes this.
    09-04-2018 02:14 PM
74 123