amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
No but I do enjoy holding it that way when its clean. Sometimes I'll have ot ceaseless for a very short time, while I'm sitting somewhere.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't stand fingerprints and smudges. The only time my phone is without a case is when I'm wiping fingerprints and dust from it or changing the case to what I feel like looking at.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 512GB Note9 in Ocean Blue, and it's a beautiful piece of hardware, but it's also extremely fragile. Mine would be broken (or at least noticeably scratched) in no time, so it's in a case.
I love the Spigen tough Armour. I have one for my Note 8. My only complaint is the buttons on the left are difficult for me to determine what is what. Volume Up, Volume Down and Bixby. They are usually spaced a bit but not on that. Has that changed any??

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I love the Spigen tough Armour. I have one for my Note 8. My only complaint is the buttons on the left are difficult for me to determine what is what. Volume Up, Volume Down and Bixby. They are usually spaced a bit but not on that. Has that changed any??

Well, at least the Bixby button is textured, so you could use that as a "landmark" and work up from there. Otherwise, I agree, the buttons are difficult to distinguish by feel alone. They're just a little too flat and close together.

But I love these cases and have used them on every phone I've purchased since the iPhone 7.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I tip my hat to those that are brave enough to go naked but I just can't.

My choice of workplace is outdoors and in a warehouse so to be careful I always attach a dbrand skin and screen protector and to be minimalist I use the Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper.

Like others every month or so I remove the bumper to give the phone a clean when at home so keep it naked for a short period.

That and the resale value of a pristine phone is my preference too.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I love the look of these phones and I think rocking them without a cover/case is the way to go..

However... They make these sleek designs but make them near impossible to hold in your hand without them slipping out. Way to risky for me when the edges and back are slick.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I would like to but not willing to risk breaking a $1350 phone after taxes. At minimum put a slim case, I put on a decent case which provides good protection at the same time not bulky like tech 21 cases.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I tried to go naked. But I couldn't stand the fingerprints nor could I stand that greasy feeling after holding the phone for a but and your hand gets sweaty. Went back into its case. Tried a skin and didnt like it when I hit the edges. It is a beautiful device though.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Anybody not using a case is either rich, nuts, or lives in a place where everything but the phone is made of marshmallows.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I wish I could go caseless. I really do. This phone feels great naked. I ended up going with A Kate Spade case that really shows off the lavender and had some sparkles. It's minimal, but gives me peace of mind.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Anybody not using a case is either rich, nuts, or lives in a place where everything but the phone is made of marshmallows.
I've never used cases or screen protectors. I've never broken a phone, despite extensive indoor and outdoor use. My screens are usually still in mint condition when I'm ready for my next phone a year later.

Dropped phones can break even with a good case, so you have to be careful anyway. And if you're careful enough, a case is unnecessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer