02-20-2019 06:48 PM
99 1234
tools
    I've been w/o a case for the past few years starting with my Note 5. I found that going naked forced me to respect the phone; and I started treating the device like it was an expensive piece of equipment, which it is . When I upgraded to the Note 9 last month I kept the respect by going sans case. My wife on the other hand got a clear case for her 9. She thinks I'm nuts.

It's all about what you perceive is in your pocket.
    Bro just dont wear gym shorts. That phone slides out like its coated in some ky.
    gregg6942 and Beansr519 like this.
    09-06-2018 11:53 AM
    No pets or cords too! But I do like to use it sans case. I don't take it with me though and house is fully carpeted.

A case that blocked Bixby from accidentally pressing would be great.
    I remember seeing somewhere that some were customising their cases to revive the bixby button part so there was less chance of catching the bixby button.
    09-06-2018 12:10 PM
    I agree! I don't use a case or a screen protector either. They just ruin the experience for me. Just gotta be careful! My phones are always still lookin' great years later.
    Pakxelaos likes this.
    09-06-2018 12:32 PM
    I agree! I don't use a case or a screen protector either. They just ruin the experience for me. Just gotta be careful! My phones are always still lookin' great years later.
    Likewise. I resell my phones when I purchase new ones and get top dollar for them being in brand new pristine condition.
    09-06-2018 12:33 PM
    Been using a skin, a Rhinoshield Grash Guard bumper and tempered glass since my Note5 (Whitestone on the "8" and "9") ... after several drops and LOTS of use The "5" and "8" both looked brand new when I got my next Note...
    BBSeattle likes this.
    09-06-2018 12:39 PM
    Maybe someday they will make an indestructible phone that would allow clumsy oafs like me to use them without destroying them. But not today, so I too have tried the Spogen Armour case (wallet version) which is quite good but utterly transforms the look and feel of the phone. I am currently using a HianDier Note 9 Wallet Case which is surprisingly well-made (it feels like good leather) particulalry for the price. One of the issues I encounter is that the cases often interfere with wireless charging. Another is they can obstruct the fingerprint reader a bit, and also make accessing the S-Pen more diffcult. I usually wind up affixing a metal metal adhesive piece to the back of the case so it works with my magnetic car mounts. I have a Vena vCommute Wallet case on my Note 8 (back up) and it has room for two or 3 credit cards and is very sturdy and has a back-flap that covers the credit cards and conveniently has enough metal within it to make an additional metal plate unnecessary, as it just holds in place on the magnetic car moun. Vena hasn't released their Note 9 version yet.
    09-06-2018 03:13 PM
    Only at home.
    09-06-2018 05:18 PM
    It's sitting in my drawer until my case arrives. Every time I take it out I have dread thoughts of dropping it.
    amyf27, djrakowski and Beansr519 like this.
    09-06-2018 05:29 PM
    There is NO WAY!! I have never broken a device with or without a case, however I would never take this $1000 beauty anywhere without in being encased. And that truly means "case", not a Dbrand skin. I use SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Neo (SUPCASE makes the best cases on the market.)
    amyf27 and Beansr519 like this.
    09-06-2018 07:33 PM
    I can't stand fingerprints and smudges. The only time my phone is without a case is when I'm wiping fingerprints and dust from it or changing the case to what I feel like looking at.
    🤣🤣😂
    09-06-2018 09:59 PM
    I've been using it naked since I seen this thread, feels so good in the hand (flossy) I'm really not liking my case anymore. I have a rhinoshield solid suite coming in Saturday hopefully I like that one.
    09-06-2018 10:12 PM
    I've been using it naked since I seen this thread, feels so good in the hand (flossy) I'm really not liking my case anymore. I have a rhinoshield solid suite coming in Saturday hopefully I like that one.
    " Giggity... ladies you know the procedures "

I'm using a Spigen Ultra Hybrid Matt Black case right now.

The Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper is on its way to me from pre order.
    RandomGuy Yo likes this.
    09-07-2018 12:49 AM
    No...not at this price point. I usually opt for a thin, clear case. This time out I purchased a SUPCASE Full Body Rugged with screen protector. I bought a couple of others for when I wanted to change things up.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    09-07-2018 12:53 AM
    Can you please let us know how you like it? I've been looking into getting one
    09-07-2018 04:32 PM
    Any one use the phone with out a case or wrap?
    Nope. I always use a case. Right now I'm using a Spigen Tough Armor.
    djrakowski likes this.
    09-07-2018 06:50 PM
    Nope. I always use a case. Right now I'm using a Spigen Tough Armor.
    My favorite case... good choice!
    09-07-2018 06:52 PM
    No chance, I've had my share of drops and most times the phone has survived because of the case. I've had a few that didn't fare so well. I try to keep it down to something like the Caseology Parallax. I decided on the Spigen Neo Hybrid for the Note 9 and really like it. I'm interested in hearing more about the RhinoShield CrashGuard Bumper Case. I may have to give it a try, I'd just like to hear from a few real world users first.
    09-07-2018 07:56 PM
    I got my rhinoshield solid suite case today. It's decent, a little slippery though.
    09-07-2018 09:30 PM
    Um no way I literally dropped my n9 onto a parking lot twice today. Thank God for this Samsung rugged case.
    I love the Samsung rugged case.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-07-2018 10:08 PM
    So far Iam using the Otter box Symmetry Series or the Tech 21. Found my wallet case to feel a little bulky but use it when I have a suit or vest on. Actually feels good with case after Z2 Force naked for a year.
    09-08-2018 01:42 AM
    Anyone using it without a screen protector but just a case?
    I have a case but not keen on screen protectors. But my local mall now have a stand where they can cover the screen in liquid glass, very tempted
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-08-2018 01:54 AM
    Can you please let us know how you like it? I've been looking into getting one
    The SUPCASE is an excellent protective case but I found it added too much bulk and weight to the device. I ended up sending it back and am now using a Caseology Parallax which to me gives good protection without turning the Note into a pocket brick
    09-09-2018 03:03 AM
    I always use a case and for the last 3 phones (Note 4,8 & 9) it's the Samsung protective case, but I do like to feel the bareness of it at home sometimes, it's really nice to hold
    09-09-2018 03:17 AM
    I got my rhinoshield solid suite case today. It's decent, a little slippery though.
    How do you like the solidsuit so far? I've been thinking about getting one. I currently have the UAG Plasma, but would like something smaller, while still providing good drop protection if possible. I hate to hear that it is slippery though
    09-10-2018 08:10 AM
    How do you like the solidsuit so far? I've been thinking about getting one. I currently have the UAG Plasma, but would like something smaller, while still providing good drop protection if possible. I hate to hear that it is slippery though
    It's growing on me. I would still say it feels a little slippery but not too bad, I got the carbon fiber looking one.
    09-10-2018 11:57 AM
99 1234