Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No chance, I've had my share of drops and most times the phone has survived because of the case. I've had a few that didn't fare so well. I try to keep it down to something like the Caseology Parallax. I decided on the Spigen Neo Hybrid for the Note 9 and really like it. I'm interested in hearing more about the RhinoShield CrashGuard Bumper Case. I may have to give it a try, I'd just like to hear from a few real world users first.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
So far Iam using the Otter box Symmetry Series or the Tech 21. Found my wallet case to feel a little bulky but use it when I have a suit or vest on. Actually feels good with case after Z2 Force naked for a year.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
Can you please let us know how you like it? I've been looking into getting one

The SUPCASE is an excellent protective case but I found it added too much bulk and weight to the device. I ended up sending it back and am now using a Caseology Parallax which to me gives good protection without turning the Note into a pocket brick

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I always use a case and for the last 3 phones (Note 4,8 & 9) it's the Samsung protective case, but I do like to feel the bareness of it at home sometimes, it's really nice to hold :)

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my rhinoshield solid suite case today. It's decent, a little slippery though.

How do you like the solidsuit so far? I've been thinking about getting one. I currently have the UAG Plasma, but would like something smaller, while still providing good drop protection if possible. I hate to hear that it is slippery though

RandomGuy Yo

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
How do you like the solidsuit so far? I've been thinking about getting one. I currently have the UAG Plasma, but would like something smaller, while still providing good drop protection if possible. I hate to hear that it is slippery though

It's growing on me. I would still say it feels a little slippery but not too bad, I got the carbon fiber looking one.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a case but not keen on screen protectors. But my local mall now have a stand where they can cover the screen in liquid glass, very tempted

Don't do that.

I had a buddy who used that liquid stuff, still got a few scratches, and when trying to trade it in, was told "How do you prove to me the scratch is in the coating, not the screen... and how do I prove that to a buyer?"

You can't remove the scratched coating like you can a scratched screen protector to show a "scratchless" screen underneath.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Don't do that.

I had a buddy who used that liquid stuff, still got a few scratches, and when trying to trade it in, was told "How do you prove to me the scratch is in the coating, not the screen... and how do I prove that to a buyer?"

You can't remove the scratched coating like you can a scratched screen protector to show a "scratchless" screen underneath.
Really? I just assumed it voumd be peeled off. Good to know.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Really? I just assumed it voumd be peeled off. Good to know.

Nope, it bonds to the screen.

Take this product description from Sprigen for example... note the * comment at the bottom.

Screen Protector GLAS.tR Nano Liquid
71 Reviews
Introducing the new Glas.tR Nano Liquid, a Silicon Dioxide (SiO2) is made to optimize screen protection without losing the durability of a tempered glass. With nano-hydrophobic technology, the liquid application adds an invisible coat that strengthens the screen by adding oil and scratch resistance. Keep the feel and look of the original screen with a layer of crystal clear defense with the latest Glas. tR Nano Liquid screen protector.

*Nano Liquid is a coating that bonds with the glass screen

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Nope, it bonds to the screen.

Take this product description from Sprigen for example... note the * comment at the bottom.

Screen Protector GLAS.tR Nano Liquid
71 Reviews
Introducing the new Glas.tR Nano Liquid, a Silicon Dioxide (SiO2) is made to optimize screen protection without losing the durability of a tempered glass. With nano-hydrophobic technology, the liquid application adds an invisible coat that strengthens the screen by adding oil and scratch resistance. Keep the feel and look of the original screen with a layer of crystal clear defense with the latest Glas. tR Nano Liquid screen protector.

*Nano Liquid is a coating that bonds with the glass screen
$999 phone...non removable liquid screen... nope. Lol

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
This thread gives me great anxiety. I don't know how anyone could use a $1,000+ device without a case or skin.
We're careful not to drop, bang, or scrape it--as we would have to be even with covering, since covered phones often break too when mishandled (albeit with reduced likelihood).

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
We're careful not to drop, bang, or scrape it--as we would have to be even with covering, since covered phones often break too when mishandled (albeit with reduced likelihood).

Accidents are called accidents for a reason. No matter how careful you are, something could happen.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a little damage on mine: gouged area by the s pen and small paint chip off the s pen. That's with a Uag Monarch on it. If the phone would've flown off my bike onto the bumpy road without a case at the velocity it did..well the phone would've been heavily damaged, cracked, you name it. I usually only have it nake for a little bit at home, when sitting on a soft couch.
Accidents are called accidents for a reason. No matter how careful you are, something could happen.