Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
Sounds like my set up, minus the Whitestone Dome. Tried one on my 8 but didn't like the dust and debris that eventually collects on the edges along the glue line (admitted OCD). Found a great full adhesive tempered glass protector on Amazon... $11! Looks and fits like the WD and great touch sensitivity. And best of all the edges are not dust collectors...LOL

whats the Link to this protector on amazon and how is it holding up? i have the Zagg (?) protector that i got from the Sprint store... it collects a lot of dust on the edges.

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
Few reasons I use the UAG Monarch:
1. It makes holding the phone far more comfortable, and easier to reach corners.
2. It squares the sides so I don't have daggers in my hands (edges) when making a call.
3. Bixby button never gets accidently pressed.
4. I don't get accidental palm screen presses when using it.
5. Can put it on its face without it sitting on the glass.
6. No chance of pocket drop.
7. Fingerprint sensor much easier to get to without thinking.

Without (a.k.a. nude):
I get all of the above. Bixby crazy, screen touches, uncomfortable to hold. Also bonus, this phone is so slick that it makes the iPhone 10 feel like a piece of rubber, and the fingerprints, ug.

Yes the case stays, perfect phone, but even more perfect wrapped in this beauty.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you want to sell to recoup $$, then a case is a must. You might not drop it. But the back of the phone will get full of micro scratches and worse. Always get more value when selling if the phone is in mint condition.

Last edited:

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm as naked as a new born baby!
Actually, I bought a yellow carbon skin from dbrand and it's totally smoking!! No case, just the skin...

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I like to feel the Note 9 naked but this only happens when I'm at home chilling on the couch, but it doesn't feel as nice as the Note 8 naked that's for sure, it just feels a little sharper on the edges.
But generally it's a Samsung Rugged case with stand and an outer zip case for dust protection at work, no office job for me :)

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
I've tried going naked 3 times with my Note 9 and in all 3 instances paranoia got the better of me. I even tried it with those clear cases and still paranoia get to me.

With that I'm using Samsung's flip case, but I'm finding it to be an annoyance as I have to flip the cover over on the back to get comfortable using the phone. Unfortunately, this also blocks the fingerprint sensor. I'm seriously just thinking about going back to my thin clear case and the comfort of using the phone. Problem with that move is I don't want to use a screen protector. I feel they take away from the image quality.

In the end you can't have it all can you :)

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
That must look awesome! I really wanted the lavender but it's not an option in Nigeria so I had to get the copper. I'm using the transparent case that came in the box. Risky but beautiful 😊

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
That must look awesome! I really wanted the lavender but it's not an option in Nigeria so I had to get the copper. I'm using the transparent case that came in the box. Risky but beautiful 😊

That's strange. I didn't get any transparent case with my black Note 9. Though I wouldn't have used it. I prefer the OtterBox Defender case. Bulky but much less risky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20