09-09-2018 07:42 PM
50 12
tools
    Not having a basic black is a mistake
    09-06-2018 04:26 AM
    Guess the folks that wanted the black note9 know now how us folks felt when we had to wait for the deep sea blue note8 last year. Not being a smartass. Just saying some of us know the feeling in regards to the color
    I think black is a pretty universal color and should be available for all launches internationally. Blue is more selective to people's tastes. If they only launched in purple, people would lose their minds. However, if they only launched in black, people may be a little perturbed, but would get over it a little easier.
    09-06-2018 05:42 AM
    As much as I wanted black, do people remember when black was not an option for some of the earlier Galaxy S and Note phones? It’s not unprecedented by any means.
    I can't remember the Note ever not being available in black. I've always had black.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-06-2018 05:44 AM
    It's kind of shocking to me that a color is so important to people. I mean, I assumed people threw cases on their devices, making the color of the phone irrelevant.
    09-06-2018 06:33 AM
    It's kind of shocking to me that a color is so important to people. I mean, I assumed people threw cases on their devices, making the color of the phone irrelevant.
    Many of us have never used cases for our phones. Still, most people look at the front of their phone rather than the back, so the color of the back doesn't change the experience much.
    09-06-2018 06:43 AM
    I can't remember the Note ever not being available in black. I've always had black.
    Both the Note 2 and the original Note did not come in black, if I recall. I would have gotten black if that was the case, but mine were blue.
    09-06-2018 06:54 AM
    I initially had a fit because black wasn't being offered, but i use a case so in the end it really didn't matter for me. I just wanted the phone.
    srbell67 likes this.
    09-06-2018 07:09 AM
    Amen. Every year I wanted a different color and my only option was black. In the end it didn't really matter because I threw a case on it. But this year i got the blue one and threw a clear case on it so I can enjoy the non black phone.
    srbell67 and Morty2264 like this.
    09-06-2018 07:14 AM
    I first black phone was note 8...but really love the blue note 9...put on transparent gase and I am good to go...and yellow pen looks striking
    09-06-2018 08:15 AM
    Not having a basic black is a mistake
    Lots of different views here on the non-availability of black......

I would get the blue color - it really is beautiful - but again, that darn yellow s pen is too much for my tastes.......

I chatted with Samsung twice on their web site, and they assured my they would be releasing a black note 9 in the United States.

A) Do you believe them, and B) if so, when????
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-06-2018 05:20 PM
    Lots of different views here on the non-availability of black......

I would get the blue color - it really is beautiful - but again, that darn yellow s pen is too much for my tastes.......

I chatted with Samsung twice on their web site, and they assured my they would be releasing a black note 9 in the United States.

A) Do you believe them, and B) if so, when????
    Never.....mwahahaha🤪 lol sorry couldn't help myself.
    09-06-2018 05:43 PM
    It just goes to show that these "release problems" happen to every device manufacturer - no company is immune.
    09-06-2018 05:51 PM
    Here in South Georgia and North Florida there are plenty of 512 models to be had. Honestly it was only a $10 upcharge to get it with the BOGO special they were offering, but I store my work on an SDCard so I don't really need the extra space, and the wife hasn't needed more than 16gb ever... So I didn't see any reason for the upgrade. I like expandable memory.
    09-06-2018 06:16 PM
    Them not launching black globally was nothing short of failure in my eyes. It's hard to predict product demand, so I can forgive the delays on 512Gb or back orders on any color, but to not offer black at all is a joke.
    I'm not too picky but yea black is a solid, standard, cornerstone kind of color.
    09-06-2018 08:09 PM
    From the colors, to the promos, to the running out of phones, I think they could have done a better job and sold more phones.
    So how many phones (i.e., include specific numbers for both the 128GB (surplus on launch day) and 512GB model (shortage on launch day)) should they have made for launch day? Please be specific on the calculation you used to arrive at that number. Keep in mind that when Samsung did their calculation, it was well before 8/10 when the pre order period began.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    09-07-2018 10:36 AM
    So how many phones (i.e., include specific numbers for both the 128GB (surplus on launch day) and 512GB model (shortage on launch day)) should they have made for launch day? Please be specific on the calculation you used to arrive at that number. Keep in mind that when Samsung did their calculation, it was well before 8/10 when the pre order period began.
    Do we have access to Samsungs data... no. Your argument is invalid.
    09-07-2018 11:08 AM
    Do we have access to Samsungs data... no. Your argument is invalid.
    How can you say what they should have done without the data? That's the argument. Seems very valid. You can't condemn them if you don't the info any easier than you can condone what they did.
    09-07-2018 12:11 PM
    Samsung did well, from my perspective. When I wanted the Note 9 - I got it. Very happy.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    09-07-2018 12:41 PM
    You guys won't believe this... So I had a preorder since Aug. 16th for the 512GB Blue and T-Mobile said my shipping date was an estimated 9/5-9/12... I managed to wait and not buy Unlocked from amazon (in stock) or B&H photo (also in stock) while Samsung and T-Mobile were "backordered". I almost caved and went for the Lavender that the flagship store near me had in stock...

Long story short, I wait like a puppy looking out the window for T-Mobile to finally give me a shipping update instead of "order processed". I say, let me just call the local flagship for giggles and see if they have any 512GB Blue in stock...

AND THEY DID. I immediately went down there to get it (cancelling my indefinite preorder) and I now FINALLY have mine. What I find remarkably interesting is how I've been on preorder all this time, yet on a whim, T-Mobile had one in stock yet I was still on "backorder" to receive something I PREORDERED...... Truly SMH. Good luck to the rest of you waiting... If you happen to be on T-mobile, give a local store a shout and maybe they have one for you too without waiting.
    09-07-2018 12:42 PM
    Not sure why Black was not an option here in the US, it would have been my preference, I have no issues with the Blue (My Note 5 was Blue) I put a case on my phones and really see very little of the actual device chassis so it's kind of a moot point for me either way.. I have mixed feelings about the banana s-pen....

Cheers,
    BR
    09-07-2018 01:49 PM
    Them not launching black globally was nothing short of failure in my eyes. It's hard to predict product demand, so I can forgive the delays on 512Gb or back orders on any color, but to not offer black at all is a joke.
    I can't imagine many people going without a case. And, if you use a case what does the color of the phone matter?
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-07-2018 03:27 PM
    I can't imagine many people going without a case. And, if you use a case what does the color of the phone matter?
    As much as I want to go without a case I won't risk it. Only time my note9 and note8 are out of a case is when I'm sitting in bed or on couch for awhile.
    09-07-2018 03:38 PM
    I can't imagine many people going without a case.
    That's like being unable to imagine many people going without wearing glasses. The reality in both instances is that many people don't need them.
    09-07-2018 10:14 PM
    I agree, that is what got me to keep my note 8
    09-09-2018 07:40 PM
    Amen!!!!

I am so frustrated they did not offer a Black option in the United States ....... I think that is the first time ever.

Regardless of production costs or time frames, more color options and more 512's should have been available.

I am holding out for a Black Verizon Note 9

Come on Sammie - don't let me down!!!!
    I want the copper, now I will try out my old friend blackberry and keep my note 8.
    09-09-2018 07:42 PM
50 12