I have the Note 9 with the Lifeproof Nëxt case. The case has a flap covering the charging port. When I plug the USB-C cord into the phone, the case's charging port flap puts pressure on the cord, pushing it to the right side a bit. Could this eventually damage the cord or charging port? Or am I overthinking it?
    09-05-2018 10:35 PM
    IMO the Lifeproof Next case just plain sucks all around. I'm shipping mine back for a refund today. Yes, pressure on the cable while plugged into the phone could cause problems down the road but I would not worry about it.

I wireless charge my phone 99.9% of the time. Why don't you just use wireless charging?
    09-06-2018 07:31 AM
    can u wireless charge with the LifeProof?
    09-06-2018 10:09 AM
    Every LifeProof that I have owned previously has allowed wireless charging. No issues at all. I have went with the fre case though, so it might differ.
    09-06-2018 10:29 AM
    Yes, wireless charging works just fine with the Next case.
    09-06-2018 10:59 AM
    IMO the Lifeproof Next case just plain sucks all around. I'm shipping mine back for a refund today. Yes, pressure on the cable while plugged into the phone could cause problems down the road but I would not worry about it.

I wireless charge my phone 99.9% of the time. Why don't you just use wireless charging?

I use wireless charging most of the time. But not all of it. I just want to make sure that the case won't wreck my charging port if I cable-charge once in a while.

Also, if I may, why did you return it? Is there something wrong with it?

Thanks
    09-06-2018 01:10 PM
    I use wireless charging most of the time. But not all of it. I just want to make sure that the case won't wreck my charging port if I cable-charge once in a while.

Also, if I may, why did you return it? Is there something wrong with it?

Thanks
    It makes the phone super wide, has a nasty rainbow/oil slick on the back where the case touches the glass and that clear plastic back scratches super easy. With my OCD I could just not live with it.
    09-06-2018 01:15 PM
    If you want an almost indestructible case, with a comfortable, "safe - it won't slip out of my hand", feel, try the Otterbox Defender. Of you want waterproof, slip the phone into a zip-lock bag, press it flat to get all the air out of it, then zip it shut. Then put it zipper-first, into a second zip-lock bag and do the same thing. (If you're on a boat, tie a strong piece of string to one corner of the bags, and the other end to a float with enough buoyancy to keep the phone from sinking. I've dropped a lot of phones off boats - in salt water - and never got one wet.) And you can still use the phone - even for phone calls - when it's in the bags.
    09-06-2018 03:34 PM
    I'm most curious about whether the design of having a rubber "flap" covering the charging port, whether it's on the lifeproof or Otterbox case. Could it possibly damage the charging port itself? (I don't care about the cable, those can be replaced, but the charging port can't without wrecking IP68). I feel like the charger perpetually having pressure on it while plugged in isn't good, but than again so many people use those cases without issue. Like I said, 90% of my charging is wireless but I want to make sure I'm not damaging my phone's charging port with this case. I really love this Note 9 and want to keep it nice as long as I can.

Also I find Otterbox Defender very thick, and almost impossible to wirelessly charge. I had one for Note 8, it was very, very hard to wirelessly charge.
    09-06-2018 04:22 PM
    Also, I got a (relatively) cheap Gear4 D30 "Picadilly" clear case, supposedly rated to 10ft. Anyone know anything about Gear4?
    09-06-2018 04:36 PM
    This case looks good. Basically it's a clear Defender style case. I sell a few at my Kiosk at the fleamarket. It's clear just like the Lifeproof case and a lot cheaper. I ordered a couple to sell for the Note 9. A lot cheaper than the Lifeproof

https://www.hlcwholesale.com/transpa...y-note-9-clear
    09-06-2018 05:35 PM