02-03-2019 03:00 PM
178 12345 ...
tools
    considering the Note 9, currently Pixel 2 XL. a few weeks ago I picked up a iPhone X, and lived with it for about ten days. loved it mostly. You can pretty much make it a Google phone, almost. The main caveat for me was the assistant is so much better and thorough on Android. So I sent it back. Hardware wise, that and the Essential are the best phones on the market, that stainless steel is phenomenal feeling. It was a close call.
    09-07-2018 09:02 AM
    Not in the least.
    09-07-2018 09:02 AM
    I wouldn't switch over FaceTime. Duo is actually better. Especially when data is sketchy.
    09-07-2018 09:04 AM
    I'm all about big screens, but I love my Note9, and the iPhone is only .1 inch bigger with a notch. Havn't been on iPhone since the 4. It will defenitely be interesting to see what they come up with.
    It will also depend on the aspect ratio. The screen may actually "look smaller" than the Note's.
    09-07-2018 09:04 AM
    A couple years I would have but this phone gives me no reason to think about it anymore. And that notch....... No thanks. You thought the Note9 512 was expensive, just wait....
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-07-2018 09:32 AM
    Funny you mention android navigation. I don't think it could be better! It was a back button! I feel apple.os disastrous and harsh to navigate lol.....
    09-07-2018 09:42 AM
    Agreed! I am sure the max screen will look smaller. .....like the X, when they tried to make it seem larger than the 8 plus lol!!!
    09-07-2018 09:47 AM
    While I'm not a current Note ynser I'm still a fan if android and have owned one since the very first phone. Apple had there chance early 2000 and failed miserably.....so nope not a chance iPhoneX
    Beansr519 likes this.
    09-07-2018 09:51 AM
    No.

To me, Apple has lost their innovative edge in the phone category. Tim Cook is running Apple like a business, instead of a passion to create, amaze, and capture people's imagination when it comes to phones.

Phone designs, iOS, Siri, and reliability have become stagnant and not reliable. I have owned the original iPhone, unique design, 3G/3GS, unique design, iPhone 4/4s, unique design, iPhone 5/5s, unique design, but 6/6s/7/8/New for 2018 all have the same design, including their Plus counterparts. And, the naming is getting annoying too, what happened to iPhone 7s, 8s, and 9, no one knows because they were never released, since writing this. The last new phone design was iPhone 5 in 2012, that's been 6 years ago when we used to get a redesign every 2 years.

I used to remember when getting an Operating System update on an old phone was like getting a whole new device, iOS hasn't changed in those 6 years either. They still have not fixed the double 'Today View'. Swipe right on the Home Screen and you get Today View, Swipe down and then right from the Home Screen, WTF? Fix that crap, it's been 6 years! It is redundant and stupid. Swipe up and the controls don't even CONTROL like you would expect. If I press WiFi Off, I want WiFi OFF. I shouldn't have to go to settings to do this when there is supposed to be a shortcut button when I swipe up.

Siri is the same Siri that was released with the iPhone 4s, back in 2011. It still cannot recognize most of my requests, spoken in robot talk because it cannot understand human. I ask Siri to set a timer for 80 minutes, it sets a timer 18 minutes. I ask Siri to set a timer for 60 minutes, it sets a timer 16 minutes. I even try to pronounce 80 as 'AD' minutes and 60 as '6T' minutes, when it doesn't understand me the first 5-10 times. Setting a timer is basic and should have been solved 7 years ago. Siri is a dumb unintelligent assistant that just says I don't know I'm not helping you anymore because I cannot understand what you are talking about. I can have a conversation with Google Assistant and if it does not know something it asks. Duh, that's the way it should be.

When I talk about reliability, I bringing up syncing. It works great when it works, but when it doesn't work you cannot get access to stuff, documents, spreadsheets, nothing. There have been many times I needed to refer to something and the wheels just keep spinning and never get to see my current updates made on other devices from other days past. Syncing MUST be reliable in order to rely on them as useful tools, especially these days now that we do rely on syncing as a useful tool.

Battery life. Why, to this day, Apple is still using 1,821 mAh battery, in their iPhones? This is an iPhone 8 I am talking about, their latest and greatest phone. IT DOES NOT LAST BUT A FEW HOURS. No, I am not talking about new iPhone that is not working correctly. I am talking about years of their phones not last but half a day. Most Android phones have 3,000-4,000 mAh batteries or close to it, and some Android phones are even putting in 5,000 mAh batteries. These last a day and a half to two or more days with the same usage, playing games, reading books, reading articles, internet searches, digital assistant usage, home control, playing music, playing movies, phone calls, and navigation. I cannot even navigate on an iPhone without having it plugged in, and definitely don't try to call people.

All Apple claims to have come up with in years is Face Unlock; which has, been done by many other phone manufacturers before hand. Well, theirs is 3D Face Unlock ... Well, I have seen many videos where Apple's 3D Face Unlock, being the only way to unlock one's iPhone, is bypassable ...by children or twins. Fingerprints are unique to an individual, faces of relatives or twins are not always that unique.

I used every iPhone since the beginning, and now I have become disillusioned.
    09-07-2018 10:05 AM
    No way, not even if Apple paid me
    09-07-2018 10:29 AM
    Hell no!!
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-07-2018 10:35 AM
    Hell no!!
    my thoughts exactly
    Jewels81 and Beansr519 like this.
    09-07-2018 10:57 AM
    I'd use it if they paid me. It woud not replace my Note 9 though. Ever.
    No way, not even if Apple paid me
    Beansr519 likes this.
    09-07-2018 11:01 AM
    Apple is going to make Samsung put a notch in the next Samsung Galaxy phones. Lol...
    09-07-2018 11:12 AM
    Not even if they paid me.
    Oh crap! I was going to pay you AND give you a free iPhone Xs. I've now given it to someone else. Too bad.
    09-07-2018 11:59 AM
    I get several phones yearly as well. I have three T-Mobile lines and one AT&T. I am using a Note 9, Note 8, S9+ and a iPhone 8+ on all these lines.

The S9+ has my main line and it's the only number I give out to people. I'm in the process of selling most of my old iPhones. I just sold a 256GB iPhone 7+on Swappa. Next I'm selling my 256GB iPhone 8+ and some Apple watches.

I paid for my Note 9 several days ago by selling an iPad and an Apple Watch.
    aximtreo, Gray Area and Beansr519 like this.
    09-07-2018 12:05 PM
    never, was on iPhone from 6s to 7s. I've been happy with s8, s8+, note 8 and now note 9. 9 is the best phone ever
    Auronda40 likes this.
    09-07-2018 12:07 PM
    XS is going to be the first iPhone series I completely and totally skip for the entire year I think. No interest whatsoever really. The watch looks meh too. Galaxy Watch crushes the Apple Watch if you ask me.

Those new iPads though....now thooooose.....those are hot.
    amyf27, aximtreo and Beansr519 like this.
    09-07-2018 03:02 PM
    Not a big fan of the "Locked Down" OS. I tried it. I felt limited. It runs smooth though and there are thing I did like about iOS
    Beansr519 likes this.
    09-07-2018 07:09 PM
    Nope I'm happy with my note 9. I wouldn't buy another phone with a notch.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    09-07-2018 07:20 PM
    Apple is going to make Samsung put a notch in the next Samsung Galaxy phones. Lol...
    Bite..your..tongue
    Beansr519 likes this.
    09-07-2018 07:27 PM
    Bite..your..tongue
    Lol I did read a story the other day that Samsung could put a notch in one of their future phone but the difference between Samsung and the other carriers that are doing the notch is that Samsung supposedly would not put it on front of the phone. Supposedly the back of the phone. I would have to see how that looked lol. But I guess I could deal with it on the back. Don't want one on the front. Lol.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    09-07-2018 07:46 PM
    Wth would it be on the back
    Lol I did read a story the other day that Samsung could put a notch in one of their future phone but the difference between Samsung and the other carriers that are doing the notch is that Samsung supposedly would not put it on front of the phone. Supposedly the back of the phone. I would have to see how that looked lol. But I guess I could deal with it on the back. Don't want one on the front. Lol.
    09-07-2018 07:48 PM
    XS is going to be the first iPhone series I completely and totally skip for the entire year I think. No interest whatsoever really. The watch looks meh too. Galaxy Watch crushes the Apple Watch if you ask me.

Those new iPads though....now thooooose.....those are hot.
    If many people said Note 9 is just some incremental changes, I wonder what iPhone XS will have except for the bigger screen
    Double post
178 12345 ...