01-21-2019 07:46 PM
168 ... 567
tools
    I agree, and I love having choices as well but sometimes that gets me in trouble! With iPhones I can get a new iPhone but with android I can get ANYTHING! Can get Samsung, google, one plus, Sony, etc. Sometimes too many choices get me crazy and I obsess over having the newest phone at all times which android has new phones come out every couple of months. I want the choices but at the same time I don’t! I know I sound crazy. Also when I leave Apple I always feel left out but once I come back I feel like I have zero individuality and my phone and watch looks like every other sheep’s iPhone. My family all uses iOS, and to ask them to use an app besides iMessage or FaceTime is asking way too much. Why make them download another app when they already have two great working ones? I’m so torn.
    It's just awful isn't it? I feel like such a slave to indecision. I go back and forth with this obsessively every month. And I can change my mind one way or the other like the wind and be really passionate about either platform. It's maddening. No cure.
    Beansr519 and larsonage like this.
    01-10-2019 09:41 PM
    It's just awful isn't it? I feel like such a slave to indecision. I go back and forth with this obsessively every month. And I can change my mind one way or the other like the wind and be really passionate about either platform. It's maddening. No cure.
    It’s good to know I’m not the only one. I’ve obsessed over this for years already but now I’m really letting it get to me. It’s a damn phone! But it’s taken over our lives haha. I know I can survive without using Apple products. Question is, do I really want to? Do I want to so I can customize my home screen, have a nicer display, have freedom?

Then I go to bed and wake up nice and refreshed on the Apple train and say what was I thinking last night!
    01-10-2019 09:44 PM
    It’s good to know I’m not the only one. I’ve obsessed over this for years already but now I’m really letting it get to me. It’s a damn phone! But it’s taken over our lives haha. I know I can survive without using Apple products. Question is, do I really want to? Do I want to so I can customize my home screen, have a nicer display, have freedom?

Then I go to bed and wake up nice and refreshed on the Apple train and say what was I thinking last night!
    That's what happens to me daily. I'm one way all day then I wake up like nope. Cant do it. So I did that for awhile then I finally put my sim in the Note. Havent touched my iPhone xs. But I know if I didn't have it sitting there I would want it back. So sick of this. I'm really trying to break free this time lol
    01-10-2019 09:56 PM
    I’m with you and it’s painful. About a year ago I took up guitar lessons, thinking a hobby might break my smartphone addiction. Didn’t work. I’m currently switching back and forth between the iPhone X and Note 9. I just love the Note but am worried I’d miss the smoothness of iOS (and iMessages) if I sold the X. And I’ve also proved to be an absolutely terrible guitar player. No skill at all.
    Beansr519, Auronda40 and J_appoll like this.
    01-10-2019 10:40 PM
    I’m with you and it’s painful. About a year ago I took up guitar lessons, thinking a hobby might break my smartphone addiction. Didn’t work. I’m currently switching back and forth between the iPhone X and Note 9. I just love the Note but am worried I’d miss the smoothness of iOS (and iMessages) if I sold the X. And I’ve also proved to be an absolutely terrible guitar player. No skill at all.
    Haha that is pretty funny but hey at least you tried a new hobby! Our hobby (phone switching) is unique and hard to break free of!

I have the iPhone X too. When the XS came out I was like here we go again, A lame “S” line that is still $1,000 and I have a perfectly fine X that I paid $1,000 for a year ago. I usually jump on every new iPhone but at these prices now, it isn’t worth the tiny improvements to the camera and speakers for me. I have a feeling come September it’s going to be the same lame Apple coming out with a 3-lens camera and NOTHING else to offer. And I’m not paying $1,000 for that either! I just got a note 9 for $400 less than that and it does countless more things than the iPhone does. So, I’m paying $1,000 for an ecosystem basically that yes maybe it makes my life easier but is it something I MUST have??? Every one else that doesn’t use iPhones gets by just fine!
    Beansr519 and Auronda40 like this.
    01-11-2019 06:15 AM
    I agree, and I love having choices as well but sometimes that gets me in trouble! With iPhones I can get a new iPhone but with android I can get ANYTHING! Can get Samsung, google, one plus, Sony, etc. Sometimes too many choices get me crazy and I obsess over having the newest phone at all times which android has new phones come out every couple of months. I want the choices but at the same time I don’t! I know I sound crazy. Also when I leave Apple I always feel left out but once I come back I feel like I have zero individuality and my phone and watch looks like every other sheep’s iPhone. My family all uses iOS, and to ask them to use an app besides iMessage or FaceTime is asking way too much. Why make them download another app when they already have two great working ones? I’m so torn.
    Well, if they respect you and your decision they wouldn't mind downloading another app to talk to you! Besides I'm sure they have WhatsApp or something of that sort?

I was also like that... My previous phone was an iPhone 7 and I was considering between the note 9 or waiting for the XS max. In the end I pre-ordered the note 9 and even though I sometimes feel like the odd one out without an iPhone, I feel so much more special than my peers. Your note 9, coupled with something simple like goodlock will make you forget everything else
    Beansr519 and Auronda40 like this.
    01-11-2019 07:03 AM
    I concur. I am seriously considering paying off my iPhone Xs, selling that along with my iMac, and iPad, continuing to use my Note 9 as my daily driver and purchasing an HP all in one Pavilion and calling it a year, or two lol. I want off the Apple train. It's not easy but I'm sick of being tied down to it.
    I was like both of you for year...iPhone,iPad, Apple watch...FULLY submerged in the eco-system. i was, and still am a huge Steve Jobs fan, i honestly believe that if we still alive, Apple would be light years ahead of where they are today because he had a vision. but after he turned the company over...Apple lost its edge. i slowed down on purchases of apple products...i still have the 4th Gen iPad...i had the Iphone 8+ because i refused to upgrade to the X for multiple reasons, and the 3rd Gen Apple watch. when the iPhone X came out, my friend who was an apple junkie lie me, pre-ordered it and was disappointing within a few weeks and sold it and went back to his 8+ that he still had, and that made me start thinking "what has apple really done in the last few iterations of their product that is keeping me?" i was paying for storage, apple music, apple care...it was cool that all my devices connected, this is what Mr Jobs dream was, that everything in your home was connected, but he's not here anymore, and his dream isn't being carried on the way it should be. so my friend and i, who are undercover tech geeks looked at every iphone/ipad series that came out and came to the realization that after Steve jobs passed, Apple became stagnant, there were no more ground breaking changes, and there hadn't been in a long time. When apple hit the market, there was nothing else to compare it to, every other company was trying to reach the level that Apple was on, but fell way short. Now, Apple is no longer ahead of the curve, it's now apart of the pack, and frankly, i believe that it's coming in 2nd, or maybe even 3rd. Long story short, after researching and testing out several phones This Note 9 was probably one of, if not THE, best Phablets ever produces. i cut Apple off cold turkey! it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be, switched from apple music to spotify, all my purchased music that i purchased through apple is on my old laptop that i use for storage and my ipad (that i now rarely use) gave my watch to my nephew so i can get the Samsung watch later this month...it's doable, you can leave apple!
    Auronda40 likes this.
    01-11-2019 09:48 AM
    I've got everything I need on this Note 9, I've transferred everything over. Can literally walk away from Apple and sell my iMac, iPad, and iPhone. I totally believe my Note 9 is the better device. I'm compelled to walk away from Apple just for the simple fact that I don't like this feeling of being confined to the ecosystem. For this reason alone I think im gonna take the total plunge and walk. I intend to buy a windows PC soon. Now to research awesome windows PC's!!! Somehow I don't think my tech addiction will end here lol
    robpz16 and Beansr519 like this.
    01-11-2019 10:02 AM
    I've got everything I need on this Note 9, I've transferred everything over. Can literally walk away from Apple and sell my iMac, iPad, and iPhone. I totally believe my Note 9 is the better device. I'm compelled to walk away from Apple just for the simple fact that I don't like this feeling of being confined to the ecosystem. For this reason alone I think im gonna take the total plunge and walk. I intend to buy a windows PC soon. Now to research awesome windows PC's!!! Somehow I don't think my tech addiction will end here lol
    you know, i haven't had a laptop/desktop for a long time. i built one years ago that i only use for storage, but i havent had the need to use one since i've had the tablet/phone combo. i think i may consider getting a new one...
    01-11-2019 10:43 AM
    you know, i haven't had a laptop/desktop for a long time. i built one years ago that i only use for storage, but i havent had the need to use one since i've had the tablet/phone combo. i think i may consider getting a new one...
    I think it'll be totally refreshing to set up a gorgeous faster windows PC. I have a 2014 iMac, my husband's 6 year old windows PC runs way faster. I think this is gonna be way more fun.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    01-11-2019 10:46 AM
    I was like both of you for year...iPhone,iPad, Apple watch...FULLY submerged in the eco-system. i was, and still am a huge Steve Jobs fan, i honestly believe that if we still alive, Apple would be light years ahead of where they are today because he had a vision. but after he turned the company over...Apple lost its edge. i slowed down on purchases of apple products...i still have the 4th Gen iPad...i had the Iphone 8+ because i refused to upgrade to the X for multiple reasons, and the 3rd Gen Apple watch. when the iPhone X came out, my friend who was an apple junkie lie me, pre-ordered it and was disappointing within a few weeks and sold it and went back to his 8+ that he still had, and that made me start thinking "what has apple really done in the last few iterations of their product that is keeping me?" i was paying for storage, apple music, apple care...it was cool that all my devices connected, this is what Mr Jobs dream was, that everything in your home was connected, but he's not here anymore, and his dream isn't being carried on the way it should be. so my friend and i, who are undercover tech geeks looked at every iphone/ipad series that came out and came to the realization that after Steve jobs passed, Apple became stagnant, there were no more ground breaking changes, and there hadn't been in a long time. When apple hit the market, there was nothing else to compare it to, every other company was trying to reach the level that Apple was on, but fell way short. Now, Apple is no longer ahead of the curve, it's now apart of the pack, and frankly, i believe that it's coming in 2nd, or maybe even 3rd. Long story short, after researching and testing out several phones This Note 9 was probably one of, if not THE, best Phablets ever produces. i cut Apple off cold turkey! it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be, switched from apple music to spotify, all my purchased music that i purchased through apple is on my old laptop that i use for storage and my ipad (that i now rarely use) gave my watch to my nephew so i can get the Samsung watch later this month...it's doable, you can leave apple!
    You couldn’t have said it better and everything you said is how I feel. It is definitely doable, I am just so brainwashed into this ecosystem. Steve Jobs gave me the passion to use and buy Apple products. Ever since he died, the whole company has gone to crap. They are shady, overpriced, zero implementation, and stale....but their lame software is very stable, they have good customer service, and the ecosystem is beyond seamless. I don’t think you can find that smartwatch/smartphone combo elsewhere. Maybe one day.

How do you like your Samsung watch?
    01-11-2019 11:07 AM
    You couldn’t have said it better and everything you said is how I feel. It is definitely doable, I am just so brainwashed into this ecosystem. Steve Jobs gave me the passion to use and buy Apple products. Ever since he died, the whole company has gone to crap. They are shady, overpriced, zero implementation, and stale....but their lame software is very stable, they have good customer service, and the ecosystem is beyond seamless. I don’t think you can find that smartwatch/smartphone combo elsewhere. Maybe one day.

How do you like your Samsung watch?
    i didn't get the Samsung watch yet, it should be here next week. but when i did the research, i think i noticed that it's iphone 5 that was the last "BIG" improvement for iphone. Steve Job's plan was to have everything in your home connected, remember he was Apple tv was coming out before he passed, but it wasn't a finished idea, but you see what happened to it since he's passed. i dont care what anyone says, if Steve Jobs was still alive, i truly don't believe that we'd be talking about any other phones right now. He was so different and his ideas were so different...but now apple is no longer "different"...they were once trend setters, now they're 3-5 years behind the curve (they still use a slower charger than android, they started using face recognition and fingerprints years after android...)...i could go on, but you get the picture!
    j_hansen likes this.
    01-11-2019 11:37 AM
    i didn't get the Samsung watch yet, it should be here next week. but when i did the research, i think i noticed that it's iphone 5 that was the last "BIG" improvement for iphone. Steve Job's plan was to have everything in your home connected, remember he was Apple tv was coming out before he passed, but it wasn't a finished idea, but you see what happened to it since he's passed. i dont care what anyone says, if Steve Jobs was still alive, i truly don't believe that we'd be talking about any other phones right now. He was so different and his ideas were so different...but now apple is no longer "different"...they were once trend setters, now they're 3-5 years behind the curve (they still use a slower charger than android, they started using face recognition and fingerprints years after android...)...i could go on, but you get the picture!
    I totally get the picture, can go on for a while!
    Beansr519 likes this.
    01-11-2019 11:45 AM
    You can check out HP! Slightly more expensive than its equivalents but they have good build quality, or maybe I was just lucky with their PCs and printers and laptops
    Beansr519 likes this.
    01-11-2019 12:15 PM
    You can check out HP! Slightly more expensive than its equivalents but they have good build quality, or maybe I was just lucky with their PCs and printers and laptops
    Yes! That's the brand I'm leaning towards!! Maybe the Pavillion All in One. Or another All in One from them. Exciting.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    01-11-2019 12:20 PM
    Yes! That's the brand I'm leaning towards!! Maybe the Pavillion All in One. Or another All in One from them. Exciting.
    I have the spectre x360 from HP. Its currently on its third year with me now, happy with it except I dropped it once and now the headphone jack has some hearing issues haha. It's looks has held up well, still looks really sleek as it has a aluminium body.

And also, HP has pretty good customer service!
    Auronda40 likes this.
    01-11-2019 11:25 PM
    Please give it up. It's not as limited as you think. There are a lot of things you can't do on Android either that works on iOS. Ive been a Android user since 2009 I believe. And also a iOS user since around that time. I usually own both phones. I've owned every Note phone except the original Note and Note 2. My Note 9 had issues with the camera freezing and Samsung just unwilling to fix the issue with mine and 1000s of other people that have the issue on Samsung community that I ditched it for the XS Max. I still have my S9 plus though which has been a great phone. The XS Max is been a solid device and does what anyone needs. It works for anything I request of it, it has serious long battery life compared to my Note ever had or any device really, great design and feels better built in my hand. However, I do miss my Note for the spen, and taking notes. I like the split screen with youtube and emails or browser. I liked having different tones for different apps. Yes, some things iOS can't do, but they aren't as big of a deal as many make it out to be. Do I miss them really other than the spen? No.

I am watching for the Note 10....as I maybe back.

I also don't like curved screen but to buy IOS device becouse of that? Ios is so damn limited.. Can't do a lot of things... Well, I will swallow curves of note 9 and stay...
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-21-2019 07:22 PM
    I have both lol
    01-21-2019 07:46 PM
168 ... 567