Any Note 8 or 9 Users going to the dark side? (iPhone XsMax)

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Good god, no. I sold my iPhone X to get the Note 9. The iPhone XS will just be a large iPhone. It'll still have all the same software and it'll still be an iPhone. Gross.

chmun77

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If so curious why and reasoning.
Personally, I bought the Note 9 when it came out and quiet pleased with it. I like the battery life, screen, and common things such as the weather display, google search bar, size (long/tall), memory, however, still having a bit of a learning curve... Will really be hard for apple to beat N9 IMO. both great phones however. We will just have to wait and see.... apple will be giving Samsung some stiff competition nonetheless-

For myself, not going to Apple camp since I already having a iPhone 6S Plus. Doubt it will be anything new even with iOS12. In fact, I feel like joining the Huawei camp if Mate 20 is something interesting. Or, just get a P20 Pro for its camera and battery capabilities.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I used iPhones from the iPhone 4 to 6s+ and came to the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge as I was tired of Apple's way of Sandboxing their hardware and software.

Jailbreaking I used as an option but was tired of the cat and mouse between Apple and the people writing the jailbreaking software and tweaks.

It became amusing how Apple would borrow jailbreak tweaks by implementing them into their next iOS and call it a new feature !! Now there's an example of innovation for you. ;)

They'd congratulate the teams on finding the vunrabilities to get a jailbreak working.

Now with Samsung phones on can literally customise and tweak my phone to my hearts content and not possibly de stabilise the phone.

The joys of being able to sit an App Icon on my home screen where I want it is awesome :)

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I used iPhones from the iPhone 4 to 6s+ and came to the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge as I was tired of Apple's way of Sandboxing their hardware and software.

Jailbreaking I used as an option but was tired of the cat and mouse between Apple and the people writing the jailbreaking software and tweaks.

It became amusing how Apple would borrow jailbreak tweaks by implementing them into their next iOS and call it a new feature !! Now there's an example of innovation for you. ;)

They'd congratulate the teams on finding the vunrabilities to get a jailbreak working.

Now with Samsung phones on can literally customise and tweak my phone to my hearts content and not possibly de stabilise the phone.

The joys of being able to sit an App Icon on my home screen where I want it is awesome :)
You can rearrange icons on the iPhone too.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
You can rearrange icons on the iPhone too.

Oh right that's changed as I had to use anchor or gridlock jailbreak tweaks to put my icons where I wanted on my iPhone.

The iPhone itself moved the icons in its own formation.

i.e not be able to split icons up on the home screen.

So that's changed then?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh right that's changed as I had to use anchor or gridlock jailbreak tweaks to put my icons where I wanted on my iPhone.

The iPhone itself moved the icons in its own formation.

i.e not be able to split icons up on the home screen.

So that's changed then?
It hasn't. You can put apps on sperate pages but you can't put them anywhere you want on a page like you can on Android.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was messing around with a colleagues iPhone 10 with the latest iOS and it moved the apps into a grid automatically so I thought that was still the case. ;)

That's right. It's still the same old iOS in so many ways. 11 years of iPhones and it's still so restricted in ways such as this that make no sense today.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
That's right. It's still the same old iOS in so many ways. 11 years of iPhones and it's still so restricted in ways such as this that make no sense today.

The positives with iPhones and other idevices are that they just work so well and a person can pick one up and become instantly familiar with it. Updates are fast and they way they interconnect with other idevices is unsurpassed but apple's eco-system can be binding.

Apple support is the leader in the industry.

However as mentioned as a result of their structure the hardware and software is way too sandboxed for me.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I’m already on the dark side. LOL.

I’ve tried to switch back to Android the last three years and I just can’t do it. I’ve owned an watch since launch and I freaking love it!! There’s really no comparable watch on the Android side. So I’m not switching for the foreseeable future.

I’ll just live vicariously through you guys.

phusebox

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
At first I hated the switch from Android to iPhone, two years ago, now I am back on a Note 9 and I can see the benefits of both.

If I had to choose, and money was no object, I'd choose the iPhone. The Android (or Samsung rather) experience is so clumsy and inconsistent. No swiping forward or back in the browser but having to reach a button or even going into the menu to go forward alone is what infuriates me daily on Android...

Love the speed, the screen and the speakers, but iOS is, even with all it's limitations a far better user experience in my opinion.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I kept assuming iOS by now (12) I'd be able to

Uninstall from Settings > Apps
3D touch app icon to do things
Not have icon for every app on desktop
Lack of widgets except some, and those are on its own page.
No ability to choose default app
etc.

Six months with iPhone X.
I considered the Max (Plus) but only if it had a stylus. A Jobs no-no.

Right now I've got ATT, Google and Samsung vying for my Note. Two days weeding, tweeking and trimming.

phusebox

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I love not having a "home screen" that just sits there, widgets only clutter my interactions with the phone and I actually like 3D touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12