Any Note 8 or 9 Users going to the dark side? (iPhone XsMax)

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just watched the live iPong show and think it was the most embarrassing thing since face ID didn't work on stage at the previous one.
NOTES FOREVER :)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I did watch the keynote and it pretty much was the nail in the coffin for me. I don't see ever going back to Apple. I'll admit some of the watch features were really cool and useful but not at that price point and the iPhones...no thanks. Again, priced too high for what you get.

What was the nail in the coffin for you? I think the whole thing was lackluster and man, is everything EXPENSIVE. I did like the new Apple Watch, but again, $429 for GPS only?! That's pretty dang steep.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
1279 to 1679 Euro for the Max version here LOL
Still on my Note 8 but come black Friday I'll probably have a Note 9 512gb for a good bit less than the entry level 64gb iPong Max :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
What was the nail in the coffin for you? I think the whole thing was lackluster and man, is everything EXPENSIVE. I did like the new Apple Watch, but again, $429 for GPS only?! That's pretty dang steep.
Mainly the prices. Then when you look at everything the Note 9 offers at $1250 for a loaded one compared to the iPhone loaded at $1450, it's not even close. I can finally say I won't even be looking in that direction anymore. It's been building for a few years. They finally ran me off this time. Now I'll probably pick up a Note 9 when I get a good price and pass my Note 8 to my son. It works out good.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Mainly the prices. Then when you look at everything the Note 9 offers at $1250 for a loaded one compared to the iPhone loaded at $1450, it's not even close. I can finally say I won't even be looking in that direction anymore. It's been building for a few years. They finally ran me off this time. Now I'll probably pick up a Note 9 when I get a good price and pass my Note 8 to my son. It works out good.

That’s kind of where my head was at, too. The prices just keep going up and up. And they don’t really add much. And the watch I would want is $429 entry price. I think I’m looking at finding a Note 9 on Swappa and getting the Galaxy Watch and save me a good $500. That’s no joke. This stuff is just getting outrageous.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Have you gone back to iOS? I'm still trying to leave

Psystormm

Dec 18, 2018
Visit site
I came from iPhone after being with them for 9 years. I love the note 9 since I first saw it and I dont think I would go back. I realize how they want you to stay stuck in there ecosystem.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you gone back to iOS? I'm still trying to leave
I have a XS Max, but my Note 9 is my main phone. The Max is good phone, but definitely not worth the asking price. I paid it, but if I could go back, I wouldn't do it again. The only thing that keeps me with a toe in iOS is my family. My son is using my Note 8 now and he will not even consider going back to an Apple anything. The rest of my family is still hanging on despite not liking any of the new releases. It's the iMessage that has them. We use Duo for video calls and Google Photos to share photos. Everyone seems to like Duo better than FaceTime and Google Photos better than whatever apple calls their hot mess, so that's a win. If Android and/or Samsung can get messages worked out I think my family would finally be done. We don't use Macs or even iPads so it's just the phone and watch for most of them.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, over thirty years ago, when I first got interested in Computer Graphics, I had a Apple Rep at a Computer Show look down his nose at me and say "Kid, don't even think about buying a PC - you can not possibly do computer graphics on ANYTHING but a Mac!" After that show, I built my first PC, bought some software and learned how to transfer my artistic talents over to the computer. About two years later, I started a small home based business called PC D'Sign - Computer Graphics, which I ran, part time from home for fourteen years. It was a very successful little logo design and print shop in my basement - just couldn't compete with my full time job. Anyway - that Apple Rep and my business gave me my, let's say "iThis" attitude! I have never looked at an Apple product since and NEVER will!!!

Last edited:

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I have a XS Max, but my Note 9 is my main phone. The Max is good phone, but definitely not worth the asking price. I paid it, but if I could go back, I wouldn't do it again. The only thing that keeps me with a toe in iOS is my family. My son is using my Note 8 now and he will not even consider going back to an Apple anything. The rest of my family is still hanging on despite not liking any of the new releases. It's the iMessage that has them. We use Duo for video calls and Google Photos to share photos. Everyone seems to like Duo better than FaceTime and Google Photos better than whatever apple calls their hot mess, so that's a win. If Android and/or Samsung can get messages worked out I think my family would finally be done. We don't use Macs or even iPads so it's just the phone and watch for most of them.

iMessage is what is keeping me from leaving and going to a Note 9

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I swear that when going through my text messages, 99% of the people I have texted are blue bubbles. There’s no way that I could stand being the only dumbass who becomes a green one. Lol

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought a XS Max early in December and it's become my daily phone. I had two Note 9s but I sold one on Christmas Eve and I have the other sitting back in it's box.

I don't know anyone else with an iPhone and I have no problem in using iMessage to send to messages to Android users. It just works.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought a XS Max early in December and it's become my daily phone. I had two Note 9s but I sold one on Christmas Eve and I have the other sitting back in it's box.

I don't know anyone else with an iPhone and I have no problem in using iMessage to send to messages to Android users. It just works.
I think the only issue is the Android users would need to be using data or Wi-Fi correct

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

You going to sell the note you have sitting in the box?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay so the Android user doesn't need to have an internet or Wi-Fi connection? That's good. I haven't used iPhone in a while though my husband and my daughter do use it I have a note 9

They have to be connected to the internet somehow just like any phone has to be to send a message.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
They have to be connected to the internet somehow just like any phone has to be to send a message.
Android and Android do not need an internet connection to send messages on a stock messaging app but if they're using does web-based messaging apps they would I think WhatsApp is one of the web-based apps that you need a connection I usually just use the stock one and don't worry about it. The only exception is when I'm swapping between my phone and the tablet I use a web app so that I've got the phone messages on the tablet and vice versa

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown