Props to SAMSUNG for Rewarding Fans (Pre-Order Bonus & Trade-In)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Flagship phones, even "Flagship Killer" OnePlus can't help but increased their cost.

Last year when Apple announced the iPhone X's pricing I had enough and will go with whatever is cheaper like their 8 or stick with android.

Don't get me wrong I upgraded every 4-6 months but not going to pay what Apple is asking for their 256GB X.

I bought the OnePlus 6 for $860 after taxes CAN. I just realized taking Samsung's pre-order bonus and trade-in credit technically my Note 9 128GB Blue only cost me $30 more than OnePlus.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I dont think they deserve any props at all. Have you read the forums about their practices? They dropped the ball in almost every way and personally it took me 5 hours on the phone for them to finally resolve my issue, which ultimately will leave me phoneless until they get their **** together and meet demand. Then I have to worry about them actually making good for anything they say because word means nothing to them. Sucks because they really do make good phones, everyone involved in every other function of the company just sucks miserably.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Props to SAMSUNG for Rewarding Fans (Pre-Order Bonus & Trade-In)

I agree with the OP. Sanding really did a good job. This rollout was even better than last years Note 8 and getting better every year is all you can ask. They seemed to have had way more orders than projected for the 512 version and will get them all filled even though there is a delay. Samsung has a history of making things right. The Note 7 debacle that they gave out so many discounts for sites that they do care about customers. I do wish they had all colors available but that is by no means a deal breaker. #firstworldprobs

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have no issue with Samsungs rollout of the note 9 went smooth. Plus there's not to many manufacturers who will give you free pre order bonuses like Samsung does for ordering their products. Take Apple. $1150 for the iPhone X. You get nothing else free. No headphones or charging dock and case. Nothing. Something is better than nothing. And for me nothing else really compares to the Note line. Have some people had issues ordering or getting their device. Sure. But that happens with every phone launch. Not unique to Samsung.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
And for me nothing else really compares to the Note line. Have some people had issues ordering or getting their device. Sure. But that happens with every phone launch. Not unique to Samsung.

It is true the Note line is really unique but a lot of guys didn't get any pre order bonus with this years Note, I was annoyed to be honest, those in the US got a choice of gifts, others got a free upgrade from 128gb to 512gb, the UK got sweet FA!

It's true that I didn't have to buy the Note 9 but for me, its the Note series or nothing!

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I dont think they deserve any props at all. Have you read the forums about their practices? They dropped the ball in almost every way and personally it took me 5 hours on the phone for them to finally resolve my issue, which ultimately will leave me phoneless until they get their **** together and meet demand. Then I have to worry about them actually making good for anything they say because word means nothing to them. Sucks because they really do make good phones, everyone involved in every other function of the company just sucks miserably.

You don't order right when pre-orders open, you have to wait. Such as life. Not Samsungs fault they have such a high demand. Same thing happens with Apple, people have to wait if they didn't get in right away till more are made. It took months before they had enough phones.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You don't order right when pre-orders open, you have to wait. Such as life. Not Samsungs fault they have such a high demand. Same thing happens with Apple, people have to wait if they didn't get in right away till more are made. It took months before they had enough phones.

Remember now...it's ok if apple has a delay. Not Samsung lol. According to some people.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Apple doesn't give anyone any incentive in preordering their devices. The only incentive is for those who did preorder to be able to tell everyone else they have the premium model on preorder. Like anyone cares. Apple couldn't even include a free fast charging cable for the preorders last year. People had to spend $65 to get a cable that enabled fast charging. Stupid. As a side note, I went to Best Buy on November 3rd last year, which was the iPhone X launch day, and I was able to purchase a 256GB silver iPhone X without having to preorder. And I went in there two hours after the store opened.

So yes, OP, I agree with you. I'm glad people were able to get hundreds of dollars worth of preorder bonuses with Samsung.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have no issue with Samsungs rollout of the note 9 went smooth. Plus there's not to many manufacturers who will give you free pre order bonuses like Samsung does for ordering their products. Take Apple. $1150 for the iPhone X. You get nothing else free. No headphones or charging dock and case. Nothing. Something is better than nothing. And for me nothing else really compares to the Note line. Have some people had issues ordering or getting their device. Sure. But that happens with every phone launch. Not unique to Samsung.

And u dont even get the fast charging brick in the box smh. All apple cares about it profit margins and reliable hardware.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Bit confused about what you're saying, my note 9 works as described in all the promo stuff. But, I haven't had to contact samsung for any reason, so can't comment on that ...

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Exactly, I got the 512gb version for the price of the 128gb version, and at the note 8 price. That's right, the price of my 512gb, 8gb ram, note 9 cost me the same as the commencement price of the note 8 when it was released last year. :)

I'm in Sydney.

Last edited:

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh, and don't forget the trade in option for those interested, and iirc, depending on your country, that's somewhere in the vicinity of between $300 and $400 plus, for those trading in a note 8.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
It is true the Note line is really unique but a lot of guys didn't get any pre order bonus with this years Note, I was annoyed to be honest, those in the US got a choice of gifts, others got a free upgrade from 128gb to 512gb, the UK got sweet FA!

It's true that I didn't have to buy the Note 9 but for me, its the Note series or nothing!

The guys in Australia got the best deal in my opinion by being able to buy the 512gb model at the same price as the 128gb model.

I'm in the UK too.

I traded in my s8 for £300 to my local bricks and mortar Samsung Experience Store.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm not saying the roll out was a bad experience for me. It went fine, just like the Note 8 before it, but for the next part it felt like a very inexperienced company.

For over 2 weeks now I have been constantly in communication with them to get them to send directions for me to send my Note 8 back as part of the upgrade program, until this happens I am still paying for the Note 8!
You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to email them to try and move things along, how hard can it be?
I've even asked for an address and I'll pay the postage (which I will anyway with insurance) but they insist it's got to go through the right channels.
However, I did recently manage to get them to agree to reimburse me if there does happen to be an extra payment.
the saga continues........

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They dropped the ball in almost every way and personally it took me 5 hours on the phone for them to finally resolve my issue, which ultimately will leave me phoneless until they get their **** together and meet demand.

You should always have a back up phone. And I agree, dealing with Samsung direct usually sucks, if the order process has a hiccup and there's an issue, calling Samsung is a nightmare, so if you choose to go thru Samsung direct cross your fingers the order processes smoothly.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
That's more like customer service which I had good experience with my S7 edge. It varies who you deal with.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
You should always have a back up phone. And I agree, dealing with Samsung direct usually sucks, if the order process has a hiccup and there's an issue, calling Samsung is a nightmare, so if you choose to go thru Samsung direct cross your fingers the order processes smoothly.
This is exactly right. If your order goes smooth through Samsung Direct, it winds up being a nice option. If you are unlucky enough to have a "hiccup" that requires dealing with their customer service to correct - be preoared for many waisted hours on the phone and a test of your limits of frustration. You will rarely be told the same thing twice, everyone will tell you "OK, I have corrected it now" (they haven't) and the issue will drag on for weeks (or longer).

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Another point I forgot was the 30% SAMSUNG accessories they give you.

I bought the latest Wireless Charger and Clear View flip case.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

They dropped the ball with everyone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma