Does anyone actually use bixby?

Miljan Milosavljevic

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I I've tried couple of times but still Bixby is having difficulties with my voice and still doesn't know that I don't know about farenheits because I live in the the part of Europe where we use Celsius... Google response much better on my voice to wake up or do some things that I require but with Bixby I have to yell, even that I already set voice sensitivity to maximum

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I, too, found it difficult and frustrating to do what "I" wanted it to do.
I've since disabled it and re mapped the button to do several different things for me including starting the flashlight from screen off with a long push and starting Shazam with two quick pushes.. When the screen is on I have it start Textra and again Shazam. I like music ;)

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Remap your Bixby button with BX Actions, from the playstore . Having a configurable shortcut physical switch is to me a plus.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
First thing when I got my Note 9 was diable Bixby so I've never even tried it. I'm very satisfied with Google Assitant and have no plans on ever changing.

Miljan Milosavljevic

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that I don't like Google assistant is when I say " play music" Note 9 always want to play from Google application, and if it's not installed-no music then. with bigxby I can enjoy with Samsung app music

Last edited:

Poco Remington

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
The only thing that I don't like Google assistant is when I say " play music" Note 9 always want to play from Google application, and if it's not installed-no music then. with bigxby I can enjoy with Samsung app music

None of these assistents worked for me.

However instead of disabbling the button I found a usefull and rational use case. Pressing the button I can mute the phone completly for a meeting. Pressing it again it is unmuted.

I use an app called "Bixby Mute".

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I try but most things fail.

She won't read last text message aloud, from a third party sms app, just like Google won't any longer.

I thought hands free was encouraged!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I use Bixby just fine. I mapped one press for Bixby and two for Google assistant. I use both differently. For me they work well together.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae