Annoying Train Whistle Sound (Non-Stop Notifications)

Puresqnut

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
Picked up 2 Note 9's (1 512 and 1 128) for the other half and her unit is fdriving her insane. We transferred over from our S7 Edge's and everything was fine. However we had no dont the Oreo upgrades on the S7's.

My phone is fine but her phone has frequent and random notifications that resemble a train whistle that is driving her crazy. Shes almost to the point where she wants nothing to do with it!

I have turned off ALL notifications for all apps, I have also disabled all apps from being able to run in the background. The only app I have loaded on there was a notifications app in hope that I can see the notification as they are audible and not visible in the notifications report.

I have checked to make sure that notifications reminder is turned off, as well as I have also disable a handful of system apps as well. The interesting part if the notification sound does not exist in her notifications sound registry.

Seriously, What am I missing? She made the comment to me that if I cant fix it she wants me to turn these in before the 10 day period and go back to apple which I personally am morally objected to. Please help me out. Any ideas?

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow! What a dreadful situation!

Okay, probably suck eggs, but have you turned off notification sounds and see if it still occurs? (settings, sound and vibration, volume)

Attachments

• 5413.jpg
    5413.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 60

Puresqnut

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
So all notifications have been turned off, notifications reminder have been turned off, NFC has been turned off, also tried activating all notifications just to see if something started popping up, no unveil there.

Not related to credit cards or magnets as she can be anywhere or on the edge of the bed in her PJ's and nothing near here, but super random. Not sure if it's related to movement as we cant reliably reproduce it. Shes now pregnant and getting super moody, had to acquire her phone to keep it from driving her nuts and put her sim and memory cards back in her old S7 edge while i get this figured out. :(

Puresqnut

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
The other interesting thing is I've been item by item through her sounds library and this sound doesnt exist in ringtones or notifications.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The other interesting thing is I've been item by item through her sounds library and this sound doesnt exist in ringtones or notifications.
If I'm not mistaken, can't apps have internal notification sounds that won't show up in your library? Did you do a factory reset already to see if that works and then start installing apps slowly to make sure the issue doesn't reappear?
If that doesn't work, try swapping sim cards. It almost sounds like maybe she's linked to someone else's number. Is she using the sim from the S7E or the new one?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I did some research, go to settings go to accessibility. See if the notification reminder is set to on. If so turn it off and that should fix your problem. If not, then I would do a factory data reset and set the phone up without using a back up.

Also if anyone is wondering how my screen is blue, it's the swift installer app!!!! Highly recommend btw. 20181012_204929.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781