So I have had my N9 for 2 weeks today. It is great so far except for phone calls to my hubbys S9+. I get an odd unexplained noise behind/after his voice. Not really a feedback noise. Must be his case as I havent had it happen in a few other calls elsewhere.

But anyways...time to get some extras for my new baby. Of course I had just got extra chargers and cables for my N5 not long ago. Why did they have to change the end connector on the N9? Ugh.

What is the purpose of that little USB adapter that was with the N9? Any uses for it? I think I saw it being used in a pic for transferring stuff from old phone to new. I did it over WiFi and bypassed the cables. Any other purpose of the thing?

Like some have mentioned elsewhere,,,,why didn’t Samsung update from USB 2.0 to a newer version? You changed the darn connector cable...why not go full throttle lol.. Any recommendations for decent cables? I can probably use the charger plug ends from my N5 I am assuming. I like to have a plug and cable in my purse that will work for both my N9 and hubbys S9+. And now I will need a new cable that will work with the car charger that I have. Luckily it has a spot for a cord despite the built in one too. Already had to buy hubby a new car charger. Granted, I don’t really need to use a car charge but like having it available if needed.

Now for house charging. I have always used the included charging plug and cable with my phones. I am seeing more mention of wireless charging. I think I might be interested but have no clue on a decent one that will work with both our phones. I don’t want to spend a fortune..but want a good one.

Okay..I have written a book. Anyone help a gal out with:

Decent charging cords and wireless charging options?

THANKS!
    09-12-2018 01:34 PM
    The adapter is a USB c to USB a adapter. You can use it to connect to another device for transfer of data. You can also use it as an OTG to connect a flash drive or portable hard drive to your phone for data transfer or just exploring/ reading files.

I'm a fan of Anker chargers and cables. They are good quality at a good price. They can be bought on Amazon.
    j_hansen likes this.
    09-12-2018 02:14 PM
    I'm a fan of Anker chargers and cables. They are good quality at a good price. They can be bought on Amazon.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I've bought lots of stuff from Anker and I've been quite happy with all of it!
    j_hansen likes this.
    09-12-2018 02:54 PM
    The adapter is a USB c to USB a adapter. You can use it to connect to another device for transfer of data. You can also use it as an OTG to connect a flash drive or portable hard drive to your phone for data transfer or just exploring/ reading files.

Thanks...I have heard of Anker. What about wireless charging....any tips on those devices...thanks.
    09-12-2018 03:14 PM
    Thanks...I have heard of Anker. What about wireless charging....any tips on those devices...thanks.
    IME with Note 8 and S9+ the Anker wireless charging pads and Seneo wireless charging stand are more reliable than the Samsung wireless charging pad. Those also work with the case on my Note 8 and the Samsung one does not. BTW, all of those are fast wireless chargers.
    j_hansen likes this.
    09-12-2018 03:29 PM
    Anker for the win... totally
    djrakowski likes this.
    09-12-2018 03:51 PM
    Why did they have to change the end connector on the N9? Ugh.

What is the purpose of that little USB adapter that was with the N9?
    The USB-C connector you have on the Note 9 was also used as early as the Galaxy S8. Not sure if it was on the Note 7. It's a much better connector than. Micro-USB as it had much more functionality and can be inserted in either direction.

The adapter is to allow you to connect to compatible USB devices.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    09-12-2018 08:03 PM
    The USB-C connector you have on the Note 9 was also used as early as the Galaxy S8. Not sure if it was on the Note 7. It's a much better connector than. Micro-USB as it had much more functionality and can be inserted in either direction.

The adapter is to allow you to connect to compatible USB devices.
    Amazon actually has some usb c to micro USB adapters I might get. I can use existing cables....I have so many of them lol.

Been looking at wireless chargers..didn’t see any by Anker but saw some like this... Are flat ones better or is this type okay? Chargers, cables, adapters, and extras...oh my....-91050b79-f31c-49dd-8dff-4957426cba87.jpg
    09-12-2018 10:15 PM
    Yep my wife and I use the Anker wireless charging pad, bought it when she got her S9
    https://www.anker.com/products/varia...ss-10/A2513011
    It's been fine for both our phones (S9 and Note 9)with the Samsung protective case.
    09-12-2018 11:48 PM

I was just fixing to write the same thing...I'm a big fan of Anker devices, from charging cables, to home and auto chargers and most things in-between. We have a dual fast charging charger for the car and two of the braided 3ft cables (one for each phone). This is what just arrived yesterday.

Just do an Amazon search for Anker home chargers and Anker auto phone chargers. They really are the sweet spot for price and quality.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DD6PP2M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    09-13-2018 01:25 AM
    So I have had my N9 for 2 weeks today. It is great so far except for phone calls to my hubbys S9+. I get an odd unexplained noise behind/after his voice. Not really a feedback noise. Must be his case as I havent had it happen in a few other calls elsewhere.

But anyways...time to get some extras for my new baby. Of course I had just got extra chargers and cables for my N5 not long ago. Why did they have to change the end connector on the N9? Ugh.

What is the purpose of that little USB adapter that was with the N9? Any uses for it? I think I saw it being used in a pic for transferring stuff from old phone to new. I did it over WiFi and bypassed the cables. Any other purpose of the thing?

Like some have mentioned elsewhere,,,,why didn’t Samsung update from USB 2.0 to a newer version? You changed the darn connector cable...why not go full throttle lol.. Any recommendations for decent cables? I can probably use the charger plug ends from my N5 I am assuming. I like to have a plug and cable in my purse that will work for both my N9 and hubbys S9+. And now I will need a new cable that will work with the car charger that I have. Luckily it has a spot for a cord despite the built in one too. Already had to buy hubby a new car charger. Granted, I don’t really need to use a car charge but like having it available if needed.

Now for house charging. I have always used the included charging plug and cable with my phones. I am seeing more mention of wireless charging. I think I might be interested but have no clue on a decent one that will work with both our phones. I don’t want to spend a fortune..but want a good one.

Okay..I have written a book. Anyone help a gal out with:

Decent charging cords and wireless charging options?

THANKS!
    I also have the weird noise when I'm on a call with my husband's note 9, and it's also after he speaks, he hears it when I speak too. What I noticed is that if you disable advance calling the noise/static stops. I had to enable it again, because I was not able to browse the internet while on a call. For it to be HD voice its sounds horrible.
    09-13-2018 08:32 AM
    This thread title alone is pure genius. Accessories for your new phone are a must and are super fun to get! Happy shopping!

I too would recommend Anker. I've heard good things about it from other users around these forums.
    09-13-2018 08:45 AM
    Amazon actually has some usb c to micro USB adapters I might get. I can use existing cables....I have so many of them lol.
    I tried going that route when I got my S8. Some were just hit and miss where the charging only worked with the usb-c in one orientation and not the other. Kind of defeats one of the benefits. I kept the good ones I got, but I just buy new cables instead. Much better results. Not sure if things have gotten better since though. Plus, I can plug it into my computer's usb3 port and get much faster transfer speeds.
    09-13-2018 02:16 PM
    I also have the weird noise when I'm on a call with my husband's note 9, and it's also after he speaks, he hears it when I speak too. What I noticed is that if you disable advance calling the noise/static stops. I had to enable it again, because I was not able to browse the internet while on a call. For it to be HD voice its sounds horrible.
    Not sure if I recall an advanced calling feature. I'll have to look around for it thank you!
    09-13-2018 03:08 PM