Bye Bye Note 9 - Hello iPhone X S Max

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I will not by a notched phone! I'm saying it right here so all can see! Also I'm disappointed that YouTube reviewers have pushed these tech companies into doing the complete bezel-less look anyway. You see Samsung had to actually add bezels back because they had been on the no bezels on the side of phones since 2015 and you get a lot of hand rejection. I honestly think bezels on the top and bottom of the phone's gave them character and their distinct looks. Now that we're doing this whole complete screen thing there's not much to tell the difference from phones other than what they're notch looks like and the back camera locations! it's really ridiculous

The new iPhones aren't bezelless though. That's all just marketing again.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The new iPhones aren't bezelless though. That's all just marketing again.

I will not buy a notched phone! I'm saying it right here so all can see! Also I'm disappointed that YouTube reviewers have pushed these tech companies into doing the complete bezel-less look anyway. You see Samsung had to actually add bezels back because they had been on the no bezels on the side of phones since 2015 and you get a lot of hand rejection. I honestly think bezels on the top and bottom of the phone's gave them character and their distinct looks. Now that we're doing this whole complete screen thing there's not much to tell the difference from phones other than what they're notch looks like and the back camera locations! it's really ridiculous

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I take quite a few vids on my phone when the moment arises... but I think I am like many that I almost never cast my mobile videos to TVs or computer. I keep them on my phone and show from phone at gatherings or sent them through iMessage or post on social media.

Not necessarily... but when you have it you might be surprised how often one uses it because so easy. It probably makes it really tough for people to go to leave the platform because of it.

Do you watch those high-quality vids on iMessage on a large screen tv or computer? If not, then why is it important to have HD vid in text messages? I agree it'd be cool but it's not necessary.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Just wondering if you really think you’ll use anywhere close to 512gb storage? For me I just Can’t imagine using even half. I think it’s overkill on the Note cause you can just add a 512gb sd card and probably never run out of storage.

I’m not in the market for a new phone but curious how much I could get one through my companies Corp account so asked my Verizon rep on pricing. My daughter has has a 6s since launch so maybe I’ll get her an Xs or Xr but I’m gonna save the couple hundred and 256 will be just fine. It is silly they don’t come minimum 128.

Holy ****, $1869 after tax and apple care on 512 GB Xs Max. I felt guilty after 512 GB Note 9 but this is different league. Damn apple !!!

If you go with the new Apple Care that includes theft and loss coverage ($299), you will hit the $2000 number after taxes.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/caf3781d8ec95f091132e055bdaceccf.jpg

Attachments

• C38AE5B2-2B9F-45A3-85E8-F3C5B3FF35CD.jpeg
    C38AE5B2-2B9F-45A3-85E8-F3C5B3FF35CD.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 68

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Just wondering if you really think you’ll use anywhere close to 512gb storage? For me I just Can’t imagine using even half. I think it’s overkill on the Note cause you can just add a 512gb sd card and probably never run out of storage.

I’m not in the market for a new phone but curious how much I could get one through my companies Corp account so asked my Verizon rep on pricing. My daughter has has a 6s since launch so maybe I’ll get her an Xs or Xr but I’m gonna save the couple hundred and 256 will be just fine. It is silly they don’t come minimum 128.

No I don’t need 512 GB and 256 should be fine, even 128 GB is fine. On Note 9, went to 512 GB because it also gives me 8 GB RAM and if there was 128/8 option I would have probably gone for it. Personally don't use SD cards.

On iPhone, went with 512 GB because I'm on Apple upgrade program and difference between 256 and 512 GB is $8 per month which is not a big deal for me personally.

But I do agree 512 GB is overkill, if that option wasn't offered I would be fine with 256 GB.

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Here in India prices are absurd. iPhone xs 64gb is priced almost 1400$. I have a 256gb iPhone X which I don't think I will be upgrading ... To bring things in perspective I also have 512gb note 9 which I bought for 1130$. When Samsung can price competitively in both countries so can apple. they are just getting greedier that's all

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I will not buy a notched phone! I'm saying it right here so all can see! Also I'm disappointed that YouTube reviewers have pushed these tech companies into doing the complete bezel-less look anyway. You see Samsung had to actually add bezels back because they had been on the no bezels on the side of phones since 2015 and you get a lot of hand rejection. I honestly think bezels on the top and bottom of the phone's gave them character and their distinct looks. Now that we're doing this whole complete screen thing there's not much to tell the difference from phones other than what they're notch looks like and the back camera locations! it's really ridiculous

Yeah I definitely agree:) and I won't buy a notched phone. If I did and Samsung ever did that to the note they better do something really special to make me want to buy it. If not I'll just stick with whatever note that was done before the note with a notch until they quit making the notch lol. I don't think Samsung going that route anyways. Not anytime soon anyways.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Nice :). I can't wait for next Friday to come to toy with it. I am excited to even see the changes of using my password manager with it being built into the OS. I want to see how that works out (I am a weird security nerd who likes that stuff).
What did they change with the password stuff? That's one thing I hate about iOS. My password programs from lastpass to 1password won't insert the password into apps and sites without you switching to the app and copy and paste. The Samsung it does it for me.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

That won't help for large apps. Only some app owners allow their apps transfer to the sd card and even then they dont work great from the card. It's best to have internal memory. Future proof the phone, that's why I got the 512.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On iOS 12, password manager apps can autofill apps like it's on Android. Before on iOS that works only if you used iCloud keychain but now in iOS 12 it's opened to third party apps. And LastPass just sent out an update on iOS to enable this support. I just tested out yesterday on my iPhone X/iOS 12 and LastPass can autofill apps. Thank God we don't have to now open LastPass app, copy password and then paste etc.
Now if iOS can just enable ability to set default apps
What did they change with the password stuff? That's one thing I hate about iOS. My password programs from lastpass to 1password won't insert the password into apps and sites without you switching to the app and copy and paste. The Samsung it does it for me.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
On iOS 12, password manager apps can autofill apps like it's on Android. Before on iOS that works only if you used iCloud keychain but now in iOS 12 it's opened to third party apps. And LastPass just sent out an update on iOS to enable this support. I just tested out yesterday on my iPhone X/iOS 12 and LastPass can autofill apps. Thank God we don't have to now open LastPass app, copy password and then paste etc.
Now if iOS can just enable ability to set default apps

Of course they do this after I left them. lol.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree... I purchased the 512 GB Note9 for RAM rather than storage, since I carry my music on a micro SDXC and sync pictures with Google Photos.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Nizmoz, you made a thread about your battery drain on your Note 9, so I can technically say you're bashing Android and your Note 9 now.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

They allow password managers to work through the OS. Such as you can login by tossing in your credentials from your password manager without having to go to the app, copy, and then go back. You can now just tap and go.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
They allow password managers to work through the OS. Such as you can login by tossing in your credentials from your password manager without having to go to the app, copy, and then go back. You can now just tap and go.

This is really awesome to hear. It was one of my biggest issues with iOS cause I have so many different passwords that I really needed it to insert them for me.

madeforatc

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
came to realization. not getting an xs max..ill wait for reviews on the pixel 3 xl. must have similar battery, way better camera, and similar hardware and ram. if not ill try my hardest to keep this note 8. (only issue is battery life, it dies in 6 hrs use during work lol, it used to last longer before patch upgrades, verizon)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
came to realization. not getting an xs max..ill wait for reviews on the pixel 3 xl. must have similar battery, way better camera, and similar hardware and ram. if not ill try my hardest to keep this note 8. (only issue is battery life, it dies in 6 hrs use during work lol, it used to last longer before patch upgrades, verizon)
Sometimes a phone benefits merely from wiping cache, which Galaxy makes easy, or factory erase and go easy or skip restore in favor of doing so manually. Especially after system and security updates and patches.