Really strange problem

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just a little bit ago as always sending text messages back and forth with my husband the phone decided it's going to just start typing a whole bunch of number 8 and it kept typing them like I was continually pressing that key
a0799833479b3000fd3e1af2a2f1d829.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm going to factory reset it because not only was it doing that when I would go to tap on a folder on my homepage to pick an app with in that folder it would open it and then close it I would get into the app after a second try it would open it all the way and then close it

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to factory reset it because not only was it doing that when I would go to tap on a folder on my homepage to pick an app with in that folder it would open it and then close it I would get into the app after a second try it would open it all the way and then close it
I'd say do a wipe cash partition first before taking the reset plunge and see if that help alliviate the behavior.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'd say do a wipe cash partition first before taking the reset plunge and see if that help alliviate the behavior.
I did wipe the cache partition but it started typing the number 8s again. I was on the phone with Samsung tech help and as I was dialing and going through their menu prompts my phone made a long beep noise like I was holding down the number 8

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Take it gradual as you install apps, too.

A case might trigger erratic touch.

Try just wiping cache partition..
Boot into Safe mode once or twice.

What launcher? Keyboard? are you using? Stock or 3rd party?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Take it gradual as you install apps, too.

A case might trigger erratic touch.

Try just wiping cache partition..
Boot into Safe mode once or twice.

What launcher? Keyboard? are you using? Stock or 3rd party?
Nova. Had it since Aug 22. This weird issue started 10 min ago. Stock keyboard. Samsung themes

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I did wipe the cache partition but it started typing the number 8s again. I was on the phone with Samsung tech help and as I was dialing and going through their menu prompts my phone made a long beep noise like I was holding down the number 8

Just a thought, try typing an email, or a word document, or whatever. See if the same thing happens.

It'd be funny if it wasn't serious, lol. (bet on something that has a number 8 😁)

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it stays that way. I had to resent my tab s4 last night after two weeks of usage now the iris scanner is working as it should beforehand it was working but not how it was supposed to. And it all started from the notification shade went invisible.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully it stays that way. I had to resent my tab s4 last night after two weeks of usage now the iris scanner is working as it should beforehand it was working but not how it was supposed to. And it all started from the notification shade went invisible.
How do you like the tab s4. Nice looking tech

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Its a beautiful slab. It's light S pen display is gorgeous its snappy speakers are top notch dex built in its pricey yes but nothing in the cheaper class android wise can touch it

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Update: since the reset yesterday around 6:40pm eastern time, no issues. Current on stock launcher, only picked a handful of apps to download and a few to restore.

Likely will go back to Nova Launcher though soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2