What battery usage is failing to show?

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so my battery usage is 85%, but the apps using the battery only show as having used 6%, so what else is using the battery that isn't being shown 🤔

What's using the extra 9%?

Attachments

• 5512.jpg
    5512.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 83

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I believe those numbers are how much of the battery that was used, was used by that app. In other words, you've used 15% of your battery. Within that 15%, the screen was responsible for 3%. Android system used 1% of that 15%, and so on. Many apps may not be shown due to lower percentages. Several apps are probably using less than 1%. But added together, they account for more

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I believe those numbers are how much of the battery that was used, was used by that app. In other words, you've used 15% of your battery. Within that 15%, the screen was responsible for 3%. Android system used 1% of that 15%, and so on. Many apps may not be shown due to lower percentages. Several apps are probably using less than 1%. But added together, they account for more

Not sure that that is what's going on here. 🤔

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm one of those people whose battery has started to go berserk. So far I've uninstalled email, always on display, edge lighting, smart view, s pen remote; and whilst the battery drain has slowed down, I now get inconsistent battery usage results 🤔

(I ordinarily don't have on: location, Bluetooth, wifi, NFC etc so they're not implicated in this issue)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm one of those people whose battery has started to go berserk. So far I've uninstalled email, always on display, edge lighting, smart view, s pen remote; and whilst the battery drain has slowed down, I now get inconsistent battery usage results

(I ordinarily don't have on: location, Bluetooth, wifi, NFC etc so they're not implicated in this issue)
Wipe cache partition? Essential, helped me.
I've got everything on except NFC
AOD and Edge are off.
Dark wallpaper
Poor cell signal at home, using Wi-Fi Calling
Facebook and services - disabled

100 variables and apps

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site

I'm with music_man185 with this one, I think he's right. It just takes a bit getting your head around it.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm with music_man185 with this one, I think he's right. It just takes a bit getting your head around it.
But if the numbers are the percentage of battery-drain, rather than the percentage of total battery capacity, that makes it even more mysterious, because then 94% of the battery drain is unaccounted for in the OP.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Okay, and the next in the series, lol. 34% accounted for only. So 17% unaccounted for.

And no, I don't recall this difference occurring in the past with my note 8, or other Android device I owned.

I'm reasonably sure this started with my battery drain problem that started Thursday ish of last week.

Edit
In fact, I recall that whenever I did a spot check as to whether the numbers added up to the battery usage, that they did.

And that includes my note 9 battery usage, prior to whatever is going on now it used to add up.

Attachments

• 5532.jpg
    5532.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Wipe cache partition? Essential, helped me.
I've got everything on except NFC
AOD and Edge are off.
Dark wallpaper
Poor cell signal at home, using Wi-Fi Calling
Facebook and services - disabled

100 variables and apps

Yeah, I've wiped the cache partition twice now, and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. 🤔

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so last photo before I charge up. This time there's 56% used by described apps, and 26% by unknown apps / processes.

Bear in mind that i still haven't re-loaded stuff like email, or always on display etc etc

Edit
Samsung push services isn't showing at the bottom of the pic, it's 1%.

Attachments

• 5536.jpg
    5536.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 15

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle