Coming from and a life time fan and yes a life time fan of MOTO I have to say this phone ROCKS. Hands down this is the best phone at least for me on the market. This phone has more tweaks without root and can do just about everything. For a stock phone Iam glad to have tested the waters!
    09-15-2018 06:36 PM
    Glad that you're enjoying your new phone!!!
    kct1975 and CapScarlet like this.
    09-15-2018 07:33 PM
    Coming from and a life time fan and yes a life time fan of MOTO I have to say this phone ROCKS. Hands down this is the best phone at least for me on the market. This phone has more tweaks without root and can do just about everything. For a stock phone Iam glad to have tested the waters!
    How long have you had it? Got my 128 on Aug 22. A few little glitches but they've worked themselves out. Loving it. I've been a Samsung fan for years, Notes in particular.

Nice to see people wander over from another mfg and really enjoy it too.
    09-15-2018 07:52 PM
    How long have you had it? Got my 128 on Aug 22. A few little glitches but they've worked themselves out. Loving it. I've been a Samsung fan for years, Notes in particular.

Nice to see people wander over from another mfg and really enjoy it too.
    What glitches have you had, if you don't mind me asking?
    09-15-2018 08:08 PM
    replied to wrong thread
    09-15-2018 09:06 PM
    Coming from the X. No doubt, this phone is amazing.
    09-15-2018 10:12 PM
    The only thing I found was answering/declining calls via voice and replying to text via voice, required a third party app. I do almost every thing hands free and keep the phone secured on my belt when working. However the phone is new and I may not understand all the settings yet. Bought two weeks ago from Verizon, and now my moto mods are collecting a little dust. My Z2 Force is a great phone however just had to try this beast out!
    09-16-2018 01:08 AM
    What glitches have you had, if you don't mind me asking?
    The camera occasionally froze, also a times makes a buzzing sound, but works fine. It doesn't do this all the time.

A week or two ago, I got a message that moisture was in the port, but it wasn't - hadn't even been near liquid for multiple days. I think a factory reset fixed this issue. While it was saying moisture in port, it wouldn't allow wired charging so that concerned me at the time, as I prefer wired because it's quicker.

A few days ago - this issue alarmed me but thankfully it's gone now: as I was driving home, out of nowhere, the phone decided it would start typing a bunch of 888's almost like you leave your finger on or keep pressing 8. 888888... I would delete the 8's and do a voice message, or get into an email, but the 8888's would start up again. Then it wasn't letting me keep windows open. I would pick a folder on my home page and an app, it would open for a moment, then close it altogether. Samsung had me wipe the cache - which helped but the 8888s came back. So I did a full on factory reset and only brought back a few apps at a time. That reset was done I'd say several days ago and since then - no more issues. Typing now with a bluetooth keyboard and not a problem.

I'm used to Samsungs having quirks here and there and as long as they are not long lasting or multiple quirks arise within a short period, I'm fine. Absolutely love the phone.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    09-16-2018 07:03 AM
    The camera occasionally froze, also a times makes a buzzing sound, but works fine. It doesn't do this all the time.

A week or two ago, I got a message that moisture was in the port, but it wasn't - hadn't even been near liquid for multiple days. I think a factory reset fixed this issue. While it was saying moisture in port, it wouldn't allow wired charging so that concerned me at the time, as I prefer wired because it's quicker.

A few days ago - this issue alarmed me but thankfully it's gone now: as I was driving home, out of nowhere, the phone decided it would start typing a bunch of 888's almost like you leave your finger on or keep pressing 8. 888888... I would delete the 8's and do a voice message, or get into an email, but the 8888's would start up again. Then it wasn't letting me keep windows open. I would pick a folder on my home page and an app, it would open for a moment, then close it altogether. Samsung had me wipe the cache - which helped but the 8888s came back. So I did a full on factory reset and only brought back a few apps at a time. That reset was done I'd say several days ago and since then - no more issues. Typing now with a bluetooth keyboard and not a problem.

I'm used to Samsungs having quirks here and there and as long as they are not long lasting or multiple quirks arise within a short period, I'm fine. Absolutely love the phone.
    Mine has stopped everything and rebooted twice but that's the only issue I've had.
    09-16-2018 08:05 AM
    Mine has stopped everything and rebooted twice but that's the only issue I've had.
    How long ago did it randomly reboot twice
    09-16-2018 08:06 AM
    How long ago did it randomly reboot twice
    The first time was about a week after I got it so right at the end of August and then again just a couple of days ago. Just stopped, shut down, and then turned back on.
    09-16-2018 08:08 AM
    Heyy there fellow note 9 user I got mine on the 22nd of August too!!! Loving mine as well!
    amyf27 and kevinpleasants like this.
    09-16-2018 02:38 PM
    Got mine on the 22nd also and am very happy with it. I have had none of these issues that have been listed here, once again, by the same person. Has anyone else experienced these problems?
    09-16-2018 03:06 PM
    This is by far the best smart phone! I really can't think of anything bad to say about it at all. checks all the boxes and then some 👍
    kevinpleasants and amyf27 like this.
    09-16-2018 03:29 PM
    Best phone for me to date..really awesome phone with all boxes ticked...what I wanted in a smart phone...though I would have loved if Samsung still provider an IR blaster..which I use very often on my redmi note 5 pro...for me note 9 is 10/10
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-16-2018 03:45 PM
    There are still Moto fans out there? Enjoy the phone.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-16-2018 05:43 PM
    it's a great phone I agree!
    09-17-2018 01:12 AM
    Haha. Moto used to be the best in my opinion, but that was a long, long time ago. I had the Droid X and thought it was the best phone at the time. After that, I had the Droid Razr Maxx and to this day, I still think that was one of the best phones ever in terms of build quality. It felt very nice in the hand and I really liked the Kevlar back.

With that being said, I think my Note 9 is the best all around phone I've ever had.... So far
    amyf27 and DMP89145 like this.
    09-17-2018 08:29 AM
    Haha. Moto used to be the best in my opinion, but that was a long, long time ago. I had the Droid X and thought it was the best phone at the time. After that, I had the Droid Razr Maxx and to this day, I still think that was one of the best phones ever in terms of build quality. It felt very nice in the hand and I really liked the Kevlar back.

With that being said, I think my Note 9 is the best all around phone I've ever had.... So far
    I agree - Motorola used to be one of the best. I remember having the original Motorola Droid and then the Droid II and they were the bomb! The phones today, including the Note 9, have evolved so quickly and are so packed with features. Can't even compare them to the older phones, really.
    09-17-2018 09:24 AM
    I was also very interested in the Droid Turbo years ago. Never actually got one, but it definitely intrigued me. Not sure how well it actually worked, but the shatterproof screen seemed like a great idea. I also liked the idea of the Ballistic nylon backing
    09-17-2018 09:28 AM
    Anything Droid was great, but this note 9 is starting to grow on me a little. Droid with Moto was the best in the days. Simple and very efficient. But at my age I just had to venture out a little.
    09-17-2018 07:09 PM