Not again... Note 9 Fire Alleged in Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
It's just incredible they haven't learned anything from the previous battery fires.

A removable battery is such a simple fix, now if they do a recall it will be expensive and inconvenient. And both of these will be passed onto the consumer.

It more incredible if they put removable battery on Note 9 when there's no issue on Note 8 at all.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this alleged incident is isolated. I don't think Samsung's phone market share can successfully rebound from another Note 7 fiasco.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
A removable battery is such a simple fix,

A very not so simple fix. Changes so many parts of the engineering process that you're basically making a different phone. It changes dimensions, the battery size, heat management, processes required for water resistance, layout of components, audio quality, build materials, build quality, price, durability, etc. Many, many considerations, all to "solve" a problem that may not really exist and to introduce a bunch of other potential problems. IMO an OEM would be declaring it's insanity by trying to downgrade to removable batteries on modern flagship phones.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this alleged incident is isolated. I don't think Samsung's phone market share can successfully rebound from another Note 7 fiasco.

If one more recall, Note series will definitely be killed. Even diehard Note fans won't be able to take it anymore.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... Even diehard Note fans won't be able to take it anymore.

Not all of us :)

It would for sure be a pain in the arse, but after the Note 7, I learned never to get rid of my Notes. I had nearly listed my N5 on ebay when the recall happened (at that time my husb had my N4 and my Mom my N3). Went back to my N5 til the N8 came.

Husb and I got the N8, N5 went to Mom, N3 & 4 are backup. Both have been used at diff times by diff family members, just this year. I have no intention of letting go of my N8, so as pissed as I would be if there were a recall (not convinced about this case yet), I've literally got a family of Notes to soften the blow. :)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Chill out folks. It's been a month since launch. Enjoy your Note 9 and stop getting paranoid about it exploding. I sure appreciates mine. Until we start hearing about multiple reports, nothing to see here.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's just incredible they haven't learned anything from the previous battery fires.

A removable battery is such a simple fix, now if they do a recall it will be expensive and inconvenient. And both of these will be passed onto the consumer.

Removable battery would affect Ingress Protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman