If you have sprint complete DO NOT crack your acreen

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
About to just cancel my insurance. No sense in paying $19 dollars a month when I only have insurance incase I drop my phone. And a replacement is $279 🤦*♀️🤦*♀️Screenshot_20180916-200242_Drive.jpg

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like what it would probably cost to just walk into a good repair shop and get the screen replaced. I havent priced Note 9 screens but just figuring.
Right.. I'm sure there's better insurance plans out there. I've been searching for some good ones, but until then I'll be good with the screen protector and cases I have.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Also the screens aren't being repaired by "asurion" techs lol. I believe they are being repaired by actual sprint techs.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have no insurance on mine. Currently have the $59 otterbox Defender Pro on it. Never really carried insurance. I did have an accident with this phone once when it went sailing off of my bike handlebar mount when I encountered some unexpectedly very rough patchwork on a road. Only damage though small gouge by the s pen and small paint chip on the s pen rear.
Right.. I'm sure there's better insurance plans out there. I've been searching for some good ones, but until then I'll be good with the screen protector and cases I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
$19 a month and a big deductible! What a ripoff. Insurance is a ripoff in general. How much does it cost for ifixit that does Samsung warranty work cost to repair?

When the phones first come out they cost more to repair. For a $275 deductible you're better off not carrying insurance and just paying to get the screen fixed which would cost less than that after the phones been out a few months most likely.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That's why I haven't carried insurance on any phone in years. I paid insurance every month for over a year on an LG Dare (before smartphones were the norm). It crapped out on me, so I had to pay a rather large deductible (on top of what I had paid monthly for over a year). Instead of repairing my LG Dare or giving me a new one, Verizon gave me some cheap, basic flip phone as a replacement. I could have easily went on ebay and bought a cheap flip phone much cheaper than what I paid them

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's one reason I never buy these crappy phone insurance plans since I feel it's a rip off. Monthly premium payment plus deductible (no thanks). The repair or replacement cost is paid by itself for all the monthly phone insurance payments I haven't paid over the years.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to get the top plans that cover everything. I'm not sure what others offer, but I do like Verizon's Extended Warranty. This is not insurance against physical damage, but just warranty for defects. I've never had a problem related to accidents like a drop or spill, but it seems the trend that phones just aren't as durable anymore. For $4/mo and no deductable, it's a cheap enough gamble I'm willing to take, and it's one that recently did pay off when my V20's camera module went out.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Also the screens aren't being repaired by "asurion" techs lol. I believe they are being repaired by actual sprint techs.

My cooperate store has Assurion in the back where you would have normally discussed phone issues and repairs.
It is now Assurion in its place and are it's own entity.
Wink Wink

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm not concerned with screens breaking so much. Mistakes happen. It's when a phones been stolen or replaced. Isn't that the full price due without insurance if it ever happened?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not concerned with screens breaking so much. Mistakes happen. It's when a phones been stolen or replaced. Isn't that the full price due without insurance if it ever happened?

You mean like if the phone was stolen then you owe the full amount if you're financing it before you can buy another?

Lucky I don't finance but pay in full. Still don't need insurance. I always have my phone on me and if someone wants to rob me of it then I have concealed carry for that. Literally would have to pry it from my cold dead hands!

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I'll stick with SqaureTrade, $129 for 2 years of coverage and a $99 deductible. They DO NOT cover loss or stolen, so if that's a deal breaker for you steer clear.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I might just have to locate a ubreakifixit because it's not worth it to keep insurance that dont cover screen repairs. Hopefully they'll get it together soon.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I might just have to locate a ubreakifixit because it's not worth it to keep insurance that dont cover screen repairs. Hopefully they'll get it together soon.

You have to keep it in irrespective. The insurance company is in business to make a profit, not be a charity. Broken screens are extremely common, which means more claims relative to the pool of issued phones. So it'sno wonder deductibles are so high for that (assuming your plan covers it in the first place).

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
You have to keep it in irrespective. The insurance company is in business to make a profit, not be a charity. Broken screens are extremely common, which means more claims relative to the pool of issued phones. So it'sno wonder deductibles are so high for that (assuming your plan covers it in the first place).
I'm not complaining about the price. I'm irritated with the fact that with their new insurance plan that includes $29 for cracked screen repairs doesn't apply to the note 9 right now. Which is the main reason for why I have insurance. Never have problems with losing or getting a device stolen. The deductible is not an issue of mine. Never was

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith