Does anyone know if you can use the pen nibs that shipped with a Note 4 on the Note 9 S pen? They look a comparable length, but the actual tip of the Note 9 pen nib is quite a bit thinner & sharper than the tip of the Note 4 pen nib.

I actually prefer the blunter, thicker tip of the Note 4 S pen nibs when used with this PET screen protector, but I'm nervous to swap it in case it borks my Note 9 pen.
    09-17-2018 07:04 AM
    Does anyone know if you can use the pen nibs that shipped with a Note 4 on the Note 9 S pen? They look a comparable length, but the actual tip of the Note 9 pen nib is quite a bit thinner & sharper than the tip of the Note 4 pen nib.

I actually prefer the blunter, thicker tip of the Note 4 S pen nibs when used with this PET screen protector, but I'm nervous to swap it in case it borks my Note 9 pen.
    Funny you mentioned this. I saw someone mentioned something about interchangeable tips for the S Pen. I don't see any others in the box with my note 9. I previously had the Note 5 and I don't recall seeing any for that one either. So I'm interested in the answer as well.
    09-17-2018 12:44 PM
    Funny you mentioned this. I saw someone mentioned something about interchangeable tips for the S Pen. I don't see any others in the box with my note 9. I previously had the Note 5 and I don't recall seeing any for that one either. So I'm interested in the answer as well.
    Note 3, 4, 5, and 8 came with them for me. I believe my Note 10.1 tablet did as well.
    09-17-2018 12:51 PM
    I received 1 spare white tip & 1 spare grey tip with my Note 9, and 3 spare white tips & 2 grey tips with my Note 4. Seems Samsung were more generous in 2014! I still have all 5 spare N4 nibs & will use them on my N9 if someone is able to to confirm that will work & not break my pen. Hopefully someone knows on here... Google wasn't much help.
    09-17-2018 04:28 PM
    I asked this exact question a few weeks ago and people said it won't fit

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6305596
    09-17-2018 06:36 PM
    I received 1 spare white tip & 1 spare grey tip with my Note 9, and 3 spare white tips & 2 grey tips with my Note 4. Seems Samsung were more generous in 2014! I still have all 5 spare N4 nibs & will use them on my N9 if someone is able to to confirm that will work & not break my pen. Hopefully someone knows on here... Google wasn't much help.
    Where are they for the N9? I looked and only saw extra airbud covers.

Found them! What an idiotic place to put them without labeling them. I thought that metal thing was a useless connector thing or something. The tips are inside the same bag. I probably have them for the N5 then lol. I came across the metal thing when packing it up for trade in.
    09-17-2018 06:49 PM
    Where are they for the N9? I looked and only saw extra airbud covers.

Found them! What an idiotic place to put them without labeling them. I thought that metal thing was a useless connector thing or something. The tips are inside the same bag. I probably have them for the N5 then lol. I came across the metal thing when packing it up for trade in.
    That metal thing is a tweezer like device designed for pulling the current tip out of the S Pen.
    09-17-2018 07:12 PM
    That metal thing is a tweezer like device designed for pulling the current tip out of the S Pen.
    Yeah I figured that out lol.
    09-17-2018 07:26 PM
    What is the benefits and uses for the other 2 tips?
    09-17-2018 07:27 PM
    What is the benefits and uses for the other 2 tips?
    With a lot of use, the tip installed in the pen will eventually wear out. Samsung has always included extra tips for this purpose. I have never had to replace a tip in any S Pen in all the Note phones I have owned.

One of the colored tips was designed for using on screens without screen protectors and the other for use with a screen protector.
    09-17-2018 07:56 PM
    I asked this exact question a few weeks ago and people said it won't fit

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6305596
    Ahhhhhh! Thanks so much MomoMilky. Google didn't reveal that post up when I searched a few days ago. Bummer that they won't work, but oh well. This pen nib is putting scratches & teeny dents in my screen protector. My N4 had the same type of PET protector (built into the Otterbox case) but I didn't have any issues with that one. Material may be slightly different on this Youmaker case, plus the nib on the N9 pen is noticeably sharper. Thanks for the input peeps.
    09-17-2018 07:59 PM