New to the Note 9

jmorris1974

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a Note 9 to replace my craptastic LG v20. I've read a few posts on here about how the current version of S notes is not the best. What are some good replacements, substitutes for S notes? I pretty much use my phone as my day to day computer, so I want to get the most out of this awesome device.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
S-Notes is no more, now it's Samsung Notes, and that's the version that pales in comparison. It went for a much more simple look and has more pen styles, but removed a bunch of other useful features like the magnified area for handwriting, converting handwriting to text, proper notebook/pages settings, etc.

It's usually a preference, but One Note is the closest to what you had before (pages are still a PITA there, though... every notebook/tab is just one gigantic continuous page)

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There is a version of S Notes available in the Galaxy App store. Its not as full featured as it once was but I currently have it installed and it works fine for me.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I gave up on S Notes years ago when it became apparent there were issues syncing notes or transferring them between different generations of Note.

Started using One Note because it syncs with all my android phones/tablets regardless of age and my Windows 10 devices as well.

jmorris1974

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
sounds like OneNote is the way to go. thank you for the input. Like I said, I probably do about 90% of my computing from my phone (personal use any ways).

jmorris1974

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess my next question would be, is there a site, or other place that discusses the productivity possibilities of the note 9?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mostly forum discussions like this one. The Note line has been around for so long that we're just out of fresh ideas on what to do with it. I mean, at this point you know what you can do with the pen. Only new thing is using the BT remote, and even that gets old after 5 minutes.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
S-Notes is no more, now it's Samsung Notes, and that's the version that pales in comparison. It went for a much more simple look and has more pen styles, but removed a bunch of other useful features like the magnified area for handwriting, converting handwriting to text, proper notebook/pages settings, etc.

It's usually a preference, but One Note is the closest to what you had before (pages are still a PITA there, though... every notebook/tab is just one gigantic continuous page)

A person can still convert handwriting to text.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-9/908488-notes-made-via-s-pen.html#post6341292

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected. Both the zoomed in writing area and brush to text are a part of Samsung Notes now. I stopped using its long time ago so never realized they added that back. Line to shape is still missing as are additional sync options like Evernote, though.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
that's good to know. This is my first note ever, so I'm trying to get a handle on what all it can do.

Its the s-pen that seperates the Note from every other phone. search out s-pen youtube vids and learn how to use it. from coloring/tracing to note taking and everything in between. one thing i use all the time is the ability to use the s-pen to snap phots...

ground shot taken with s-pen.
20180903_075202.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2