Finally opened my unlocked 512GB

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I got it on Friday only a few days after placing my order at Best Buy. I have a bit of a history with the Note 9 already in that my 128GB that I got the day it came out had a small flaw on it and I fought with Samsung for hours until they finally agreed to do what I wanted... problem being they didn't have any in stock until the end of the month and I would have gone back to my S7E until the replacement arrived. Best Buy offered a similar deal so I said screw it and got the 512GB from them.

Anyway, I'm going to try to see if there are any performance difference between the two while I still have my 128GB since I can't find any info online other than the small mention that apps seems a little more responsive and battery a bit better.

I also don't appear to have very much light leak at all and no flaws this time around, put on my screen protector and just waiting for my skin to arrive today and in the case it'll go.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Good to hear you've been eventually looked after.

I purchased the Black 512Gb version from my local bricks and mortar Samsung Experience Store which are unlocked out of the box.

I've experienced no light leak, lag or warming up of the phone although I'm not a gamer or use it as a Sat-Nav etc so I don't really push it.

As I'm in the UK weather isn't overly hot ;) so no issues there.

This is my first Note series phone and am blown away with it thus far. :)

I've seen similar reports where the 8Gb version out performs the 6Gb of Ram version but not extensively.

Mine is the Exynos 9810 Octa version.

I'm using a dbrand Black Camo Skin on mine along with a Whitestone Dome Screen Protector and a Spigen Ultra Hybred Black Matt case while the Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper arrives.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear you've been eventually looked after.

I purchased the Black 512Gb version from my local bricks and mortar Samsung Experience Store which are unlocked out of the box.

I've experienced no light leak, lag or warming up of the phone although I'm not a gamer or use it as a Sat-Nav etc so I don't really push it.

As I'm in the UK weather isn't overly hot ;) so no issues there.

This is my first Note series phone and am blown away with it thus far. :)

I've seen similar reports where the 8Gb version out performs the 6Gb of Ram version but not extensively.

Mine is the Exynos 9810 Octa version.

I'm using a dbrand Black Camo Skin on mine along with a Whitestone Dome Screen Protector and a Spigen Ultra Hybred Black Matt case while the Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper arrives.

Unless you occasionally use your phone without the case, what is the reasoning behind applying a skin AND a case? Just curious. I've recently read another thread of someone doing this.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Unless you occasionally use your phone without the case, what is the reasoning behind applying a skin AND a case? Just curious. I've recently read another thread of someone doing this.

Dust and debris can still get in cases. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As for my comparisons, I'm not really sure what to do. I tried taking a bunch of photos and both cameras seem to be the same, if anything the 128GB may open apps quicker by a hair but I didn't reboot my 512GB or anything. The 512GB did benchmark slightly higher in both Geekbench and Antutu though, I can put up screenshots if anyone wants but it really wasn't a big difference.

If you have anything you want me to compare with let me know.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Rhinosheild bumper and a dbrand skin is the best combo ever! My wife and I are rocking that combo and it's the best looking phone I've ever had! Rated for a 11ft drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs