Hey, All,

Coming from my Pixel 2 xl, I never had any issues with SwiftKey. Now, with the Note 9, it's like it can't keep up with my fingers and I know I'm Hitting the right keys, but they just don't register. It's more of it not registering keys than it is lagging.

I have Uninstalled and reinstalled SwiftKey, and that didn't help.

I have a whitestone dome installed, if that's anything. I have also messed with screen sensitivity settings, nothing seems to help.
    09-17-2018 08:31 PM
    This was actually one of the first apps I downloaded and yet to have any issues with it. Hope you can get it resolved. Also don't hesitate to send Swiftkey a tech notice.
    09-17-2018 08:39 PM
    No issues here either.
    09-17-2018 08:45 PM
    One of my favorite apps. No lag issues. My only issue is the size of the keyboard. Even on the smallest setting, it's too large when I'm set to full resolution.
    09-17-2018 08:47 PM
    It's strange, because I have haptic feedback turned on, and I can feel when a press doesn't register because it doesn't vibrate. It's maddening
    09-17-2018 09:03 PM
    I don't know if I would call it lag, but I've had issues with SwiftKey since day one also. It doesn't seem to recognize all of my touches. Letters that I press don't get recognized. So, many words will be missing a letter or 2. I have even turned the screen touch sensitivity setting on.
    09-17-2018 09:15 PM
    I don't know if I would call it lag, but I've had issues with SwiftKey since day one also. It doesn't seem to recognize all of my touches. Letters that I press don't get recognized. So, many words will be missing a letter or 2. I have even turned the screen touch sensitivity setting on.
    Yep! Same boat...

Try this though....

Go into keyboard settings on the phone and disable SAMSUNG VOICE INPUT. You can leave Google voice enabled.

So far, it's performing much, much better. I also wonder if it has to do with the keyboard theme...
    09-17-2018 09:20 PM
    I actually encountered this problem on both my Note 7 previously, and it's on any keyboard I used, not just swiftkey. I can't figure out what's the problem and it was so frustrating that I was actually glad both the Note 7 were recalled that time.

Didn't encounter this problem on my Note 8 or 9 so far.
    09-17-2018 09:21 PM
    Yep! Same boat...

Try this though....

Go into keyboard settings on the phone and disable SAMSUNG VOICE INPUT. You can leave Google voice enabled.

So far, that fixed my issue 100 percent
    Just disabled it. Hopefully it works for me also
    KillerQ likes this.
    09-17-2018 09:28 PM
    SwiftKey on my note 9 no lag
    09-17-2018 10:30 PM
    With SwiftKey it really depends on what you're responding to whether it lags or not. From my experience commenting on news paper forums really cause lag. Washington Post NY Times etc. Never could make sense of that.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    09-17-2018 10:33 PM
    With SwiftKey it really depends on what you're responding to whether it lags or not. From my experience commenting on news paper forums really cause lag. Washington Post NY Times etc. Never could make sense of that.
    Oh, yes... I've noticed that as well. Web page forum comments like that really make it at up for me as well. Strange! Even here on the android central web site, it will at up when it's otherwise working.
    09-18-2018 03:53 AM
    I don't have any lag on my Note 9 or the 8
    However, I do have SwiftKey Beta installed installed of the standard SwiftKey.
    Swiftkey actually suggested I install the Beta version last year when I had problems with resizing the keyboard.
    It's available in the playstore

Unless one is a construction worker or extremely careless I have never understood the need for those industrial strength cases and screen covers.
    The phones today are pretty sturdy... Unless, like me, you drop the phone on concrete steps and then tread on it!
    Thank god for home insurance!
    Anyway, give the Swiftkey Beta a try!
    justafew likes this.
    09-18-2018 04:32 AM
    I don't have any lag on my Note 9 or the 8
    However, I do have SwiftKey Beta installed installed of the standard SwiftKey.
    Swiftkey actually suggested I install the Beta version last year when I had problems with resizing the keyboard.
    It's available in the playstore

Unless one is a construction worker or extremely careless I have never understood the need for those industrial strength cases and screen covers.
    The phones today are pretty sturdy... Unless, like me, you drop the phone on concrete steps and then tread on it!
    Thank god for home insurance!
    Anyway, give the Swiftkey Beta a try!
    Hi! Thanks, but I have been using the beta for years. It also suffers from the issue.
    09-18-2018 04:53 AM
    I had that problem b4, I just cleared cache for that app and it fixed the lagg
    09-18-2018 05:16 AM
    So... Some more testing. I think it comes down to multi-touch. For example, if I press the 'a' key with my left thumb and then the 'p' key with my right thumb very fast right after, it registers fine.

However, if I tap the 't' key with my left thumb and then the 'h' key in the same, rapid manner, it only registers the 'h' press about 50% of the time.

Can someone else please give this a shot?

Thanks!
    09-18-2018 08:02 AM
    So... Some more testing. I think it comes down to multi-touch. For example, if I press the 'a' key with my left thumb and then the 'p' key with my right thumb very fast right after, it registers fine.

However, if I tap the 't' key with my left thumb and then the 'h' key in the same, rapid manner, it only registers the 'h' press about 50% of the time.

Can someone else please give this a shot?

Thanks!
    Both input type are fine to me. I had this problem on Note 7 before so I definitely know if it's happening. But so far it has not happened before on my Note 8 or 9.
    09-18-2018 09:10 PM
    Knock on wood.... Mine seems to be doing better since I disabled Samsung voice and cleared the cache
    09-18-2018 09:46 PM
    Everyone,

Try removing SwiftKey from the Samsung battery optimization.... That seemed to help a bit for me.
    09-21-2018 09:48 PM
    I use swift key with note 9 and have no issues.
    09-21-2018 10:10 PM
    i also us swift key on my note 9 no issues
    09-22-2018 06:10 PM