How to disable bixby and bixby button SOLUTION

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This is a solution for disabling the annoying bixby button on the note 9.

Enable Developer Options.

Scroll all the way down and click on "Background Check"

Disable Bixby Service, Bixby Voice and Voice Wake-Up

And thats it. Try to press the bixby button after that and youll get no response.

SloProjekt

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
It works.

For those that don't know how to enable developer options:
Open Settings option. Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information. Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, what could be going on with MY phone? Of the three services, I only have Bixby Voice. I disabled it, restarted my phone but still have Bixby Voice and the Bixby button is still active.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
This is a solution for disabling the annoying bixby button on the note 9.

Enable Developer Options.

Scroll all the way down and click on "Background Check"

Disable Bixby Service, Bixby Voice and Voice Wake-Up

And thats it. Try to press the bixby button after that and youll get no response.

On my Verizon version I don't see a Bixby Service. The other two are there, though.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I stopped the service and it worked, but now the button is active again. Unless there's a way to kill it it forever it'll just keep starting back up again.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I did the ADB settings, too. It was working perfect. Now the button is still working, but Bixby is opening again, too. This is super annoying. It's now been my biggest issue with what would be a perfect phone. Why is Samsung forcing this issue? Why can't they just let me have control of that silly little button? I hope bxActions is able to fix it again.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The package disabler app is working for me. I never had issues hitting the bixby button on my s8 , but on the n9 i was hitting it a lot.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Package Disabler Pro... a few bucks was more than worth being able to disable a ton of unnecessary bloatware as well as kill Bixby DEAD !! LoL.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
When I disable Bixby my bxActions stops working. I get a message that Bixby can't be disabled. How are you getting it to work with Bixby Voice disabled?

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
When I disable Bixby my bxActions stops working. I get a message that Bixby can't be disabled. How are you getting it to work with Bixby Voice disabled?

If you're replying to me... I don't. I don't use BX Actions... I just don't bother with the button at all.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Package Disabler Pro... a few bucks was more than worth being able to disable a ton of unnecessary bloatware as well as kill Bixby DEAD !! LoL.

I don't even see that in the play store for the Note 9. There's no Samsung version anymore, just LG.

EDIT: Found it. Disabled Bixby stuff and button does nothing again.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I studied the tutorials on what Bixby is and how to use it. I'm still learning as well as Bixby is still learning my daily actions. We're both getting along well. Because I know what it is and that is not designed to be like Google Assistant and Siri that help me to understand its uses as well. Bixby is my buddy lol. Maybe if those who don't like it at first glance would take some time daily and study the tutorials you may find it's useful and by all means don't compare it to the other assistance because they aren't designed to be use in the same way. Don't let the word assistant confuse you. Go on now, go on. Give Bixby a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2