10-01-2018 12:09 PM
65 123
tools
    This is a solution for disabling the annoying bixby button on the note 9.

Enable Developer Options.

Scroll all the way down and click on "Background Check"

Disable Bixby Service, Bixby Voice and Voice Wake-Up

And thats it. Try to press the bixby button after that and youll get no response.
    09-18-2018 12:29 AM
    It is not working, I've disabled all three options but the button still starts bixby !
    09-18-2018 11:57 AM
    Yes! works for me...thanks
    09-18-2018 12:20 PM
    works for me too!! thanks
    09-18-2018 12:25 PM
    It works.

For those that don't know how to enable developer options:
    Open Settings option. Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information. Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".
    09-18-2018 12:41 PM
    It is not working, I've disabled all three options but the button still starts bixby !
    Try restarting the phone, mine wasn't working either till I did that.

Thanks OP
    09-18-2018 12:52 PM
    You can also use BXActions to change it to Google assistant
    dsignori and recDNA like this.
    09-18-2018 01:44 PM
    Wow, what could be going on with MY phone? Of the three services, I only have Bixby Voice. I disabled it, restarted my phone but still have Bixby Voice and the Bixby button is still active.
    09-18-2018 02:13 PM
    You can also use BXActions to change it to Google assistant
    I've used BXActions in the past to remap to GA but now the only option available is to increase the length of time it takes to open Bixby with the Bixby button :o
    09-18-2018 02:27 PM
    strange. I'm using it without any issues on mine.
    09-18-2018 02:53 PM
    This is a solution for disabling the annoying bixby button on the note 9.

Enable Developer Options.

Scroll all the way down and click on "Background Check"

Disable Bixby Service, Bixby Voice and Voice Wake-Up

And thats it. Try to press the bixby button after that and youll get no response.
    On my Verizon version I don't see a Bixby Service. The other two are there, though.
    09-18-2018 04:13 PM
    I stopped the service and it worked, but now the button is active again. Unless there's a way to kill it it forever it'll just keep starting back up again.
    09-18-2018 04:51 PM
    I did the ADB settings, too. It was working perfect. Now the button is still working, but Bixby is opening again, too. This is super annoying. It's now been my biggest issue with what would be a perfect phone. Why is Samsung forcing this issue? Why can't they just let me have control of that silly little button? I hope bxActions is able to fix it again.
    recDNA likes this.
    09-18-2018 07:31 PM
    The package disabler app is working for me. I never had issues hitting the bixby button on my s8 , but on the n9 i was hitting it a lot.
    09-18-2018 07:35 PM
    Package Disabler Pro... a few bucks was more than worth being able to disable a ton of unnecessary bloatware as well as kill Bixby DEAD !! LoL.
    sandra_17 likes this.
    09-18-2018 07:36 PM
    The package disabler app is working for me. I never had issues hitting the bixby button on my s8 , but on the n9 i was hitting it a lot.
    We must have been typing at the same time.
    09-18-2018 07:37 PM
    When I disable Bixby my bxActions stops working. I get a message that Bixby can't be disabled. How are you getting it to work with Bixby Voice disabled?
    09-18-2018 07:50 PM
    When I disable Bixby my bxActions stops working. I get a message that Bixby can't be disabled. How are you getting it to work with Bixby Voice disabled?
    If you're replying to me... I don't. I don't use BX Actions... I just don't bother with the button at all.
    09-18-2018 08:03 PM
    Package Disabler Pro... a few bucks was more than worth being able to disable a ton of unnecessary bloatware as well as kill Bixby DEAD !! LoL.
    I don't even see that in the play store for the Note 9. There's no Samsung version anymore, just LG.

EDIT: Found it. Disabled Bixby stuff and button does nothing again.
    09-18-2018 08:07 PM
    I studied the tutorials on what Bixby is and how to use it. I'm still learning as well as Bixby is still learning my daily actions. We're both getting along well. Because I know what it is and that is not designed to be like Google Assistant and Siri that help me to understand its uses as well. Bixby is my buddy lol. Maybe if those who don't like it at first glance would take some time daily and study the tutorials you may find it's useful and by all means don't compare it to the other assistance because they aren't designed to be use in the same way. Don't let the word assistant confuse you. Go on now, go on. Give Bixby a chance.
    Torch4x4 likes this.
    09-18-2018 11:02 PM
    I studied the tutorials on what Bixby is and how to use it. I'm still learning as well as Bixby is still learning my daily actions. We're both getting along well. Because I know what it is and that is not designed to be like Google Assistant and Siri that help me to understand its uses as well. Bixby is my buddy lol. Maybe if those who don't like it at first glance would take some time daily and study the tutorials you may find it's useful and by all means don't compare it to the other assistance because they aren't designed to be use in the same way. Don't let the word assistant confuse you. Go on now, go on. Give Bixby a chance.

Many of us have "given Bixby a chance" and decided it's not polished enough yet or just isn't for them.

The issue many have is being stuck with a dedicated button that launches Bixby.
    monicakm, gregg6942 and jlczl like this.
    09-18-2018 11:11 PM
    I have given Bixby a chance. It's not something I want to use. I find it distracting to my coworkers and to my family to sit and talk to my phone when I could do the activity in silence (and most of the time quicker). One of my coworkers uses voice command with their phone constantly. It's annoying. Also, Bixby is quite able to work hands free and doesn't need to have the button in order to work if one does feel like talking to their phone.

That being said, whether it's useful or not, I want control of that button on the phone. I was using it perfectly on my Note 8. Right now I've remapped it to these useful functions, but it's still popping up in the background after doing the ADB settings.
    Gayle Lynn and jlczl like this.
    09-19-2018 07:40 AM
    They're not. It very clearly states on the bxActions app that it DOES NOT work with Bixby 2. I downloaded it anyway & it occasionally works, but mostly is a waste of time... Just wait for the Bixby update on the Note 9 that will at allow us to set the Bixby key to only open Bixby when double pressed.
    09-19-2018 02:48 PM
    I am on Verizon, don't have Voice Wake Up, but disable the other two options 👍work
    09-19-2018 03:07 PM
    Many of us have "given Bixby a chance" and decided it's not polished enough yet or just isn't for them.

The issue many have is being stuck with a dedicated button that launches Bixby.
    But we knew the Bixby button was there when we bought it. For me, it was and still is a bit funny when Bixby get it wrong lol. It can do a lot and I find there are times Bixby comes in handy.
    09-19-2018 03:07 PM
65 123