new battery charging

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So new battery... fully charged today, do I need to completely run it down? I need to know proper battery cycling for this device. Thanks!

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone. Samsung utilizes one of the safest charging algorithms/rate available. Li-ion batteries does not require conditioning and does not suffer from memory effect.
-------------------

Given Samsung’s well-publicised Galaxy Note 7 battery problems and its subsequent promise phones will retain 95% of their battery capacity after two years (most rivals claim circa 70%), limited charging speed could be a crucial reason why the company can deliver this.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Running it down and charging it to 100% is not the best for the battery.

That's the new train of thought on batteries these days... You want to charge up to around 85% and keep above around 35%.

Me personally I'll charge up to around 90% and plug when is gets down to aboit 27%. I feel with moderate use i unplug in morning and get through the day no problem and into the evening. Not bad battey life considering.

Running it all the way down is actually bad for it. Try to avoid your battery getting that low.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Running it down and charging it to 100% is not the best for the battery.

That's the new train of thought on batteries these days... You want to charge up to around 85% and keep above around 35%.

Me personally I'll charge up to around 90% and plug when is gets down to aboit 27%. I feel with moderate use i unplug in morning and get through the day no problem and into the evening. Not bad battey life considering.

No one has time for that crap.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I know, right? Sometimes I think at the end of the day it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference over two years if you own the phone that long. But for me, it's not that difficult to get use to doing it... I get to work in morning and put my phone on the wireless at around 27% and around 90 I just take it off and not worry. Often I can make it to the next morning and repeat. Or I can top off a little near end of day if was a heavy day.

If I'm on a trip like NYC a few weeks ago, then of course I'm charging full everytime I plug in to get me through the day and evening traveling through the city.

No one has time for that crap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia