Here is a link to a video showing a new Samsung update for the unlocked version in how to make the Bixby button less annoying.

Ytaay likes this.
    09-20-2018 10:03 AM
    With the case on I have only hit the bixby button once from the near month I have owned it. Its not too bad
    shaimere likes this.
    09-20-2018 10:29 AM
    With the case on I have only hit the bixby button once from the near month I have owned it. Its not too bad
    I don’t get it either....haven’t hit mine by mistake at all in 3 weeks. Though it does wake up on its own at times while I am having a conversation and my phone is sitting on a table lol.
    09-20-2018 01:04 PM
    i hit mine at least once a day, especially when i pick it up to use facial unlock. I'm trying to not let Bixby get on my nerves but it's difficult. I get that it's an assistant for your phone rather than something like Google assistant but even at that it sucks. i have to re-word my questions constantly. I treat it like my friend with special needs
    09-20-2018 02:35 PM
    Here is a link to a video showing a new Samsung update for the unlocked version in how to make the Bixby button less annoying.

Maybe I haven't gotten the update yet. I do not have a Bixby "key" option on my Bixby setting the way the guy in the video does. When I check my apps it's not giving me an update either. I wonder if the Verizon version is different?
    09-20-2018 02:47 PM
    I got an phone update today but no bixby update shows available. Bixby drives me crazy, it launches everytime I unlock my phone. I think this is case dependent as I didn't have any problems with my prior Spigen Tough Armor case. I switched to a Spigen Thin 360 case and now it is constantly launching Bixby.
    09-20-2018 04:34 PM
    i hit mine at least once a day, especially when i pick it up to use facial unlock. I'm trying to not let Bixby get on my nerves but it's difficult. I get that it's an assistant for your phone rather than something like Google assistant but even at that it sucks. i have to re-word my questions constantly. I treat it like my friend with special needs
    Check out the Bixby tutorials which will help you learn how to word your questions. I hope this helps.
    Knightmayre90 likes this.
    09-20-2018 05:05 PM
    I didn't have the update either last night. Here is a link to an APK that will update it for you. Then you can go into the settings and make the necessary changes.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...36-14-release/
    ansa82 likes this.
    09-21-2018 02:35 AM
    I had 8 updates but see nothing like that video shows under settings. no biggie as i re-programmed one touch google now one long press bixby
    09-21-2018 05:06 AM
    Thanks God the latest Bixby update bring the option "Double Click" to activate Bixby. Now I seldom activate Bixby anymore.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    09-21-2018 06:15 AM
    Maybe I haven't gotten the update yet. I do not have a Bixby "key" option on my Bixby setting the way the guy in the video does. When I check my apps it's not giving me an update either. I wonder if the Verizon version is different?
    No, it's not different, you just have to wait for the update, which will be there, when it's there.
    09-21-2018 07:27 AM
    No, it's not different, you just have to wait for the update, which will be there, when it's there.
    Yep update came through earlier this am.
    09-21-2018 07:29 AM
    Bixby drives me crazy, it launches everytime I unlock my phone. I switched to a Spigen Thin 360 case and now it is constantly launching Bixby.
    I'm using a Spigen clear case. I took an Exacto knife and removed the Bixby button from the case, so now there is just an oval hole there, similar to all the holes on the bottom of the case. Now I would have to make a serious effort to push that button enough to launch Bixby.
    v65rider likes this.
    09-21-2018 09:02 AM
    you need to go to Bixby settings to change the setting, it defaults to single press.
    09-21-2018 11:09 AM
    I'm using a Spigen clear case. I took an Exacto knife and removed the Bixby button from the case, so now there is just an oval hole there, similar to all the holes on the bottom of the case. Now I would have to make a serious effort to push that button enough to launch Bixby.
    Great idea
    09-21-2018 02:53 PM
    Why don't people just download the package disabler and disable Bixby altogether?
    09-21-2018 03:26 PM
    Why don't people just download the package disabler and disable Bixby altogether?
    Because some of us actually use Bixby. We just want more options of how and when we choose to use it.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-21-2018 04:54 PM
    You are a genius! Don't know why I didn't think of that.
    09-21-2018 08:26 PM
    Because it doesn't work.
    09-22-2018 03:50 PM
    Because it doesn't work.
    of course it works. I used Package Disabler Pro + Samsung and Bixby disabled. However, that is a paid product and there are cheaper ways to address most of the complaints.
    09-22-2018 05:14 PM
    Because it doesn't work.
    It works fine for me.
    09-22-2018 09:46 PM
    you need to go to Bixby settings to change the setting, it defaults to single press.
    I have a S8 Plus, carry my phone in my back pocket.
    Bixby gets hit at least 10 times a day.
    Hear somebody talking and forget its my dang phone.
    Bixby calls people. And i get texts from the carrier about how many minutes used.
    I have turned Bixby off and disabled the button.

And had Verizon to do the same thing.
    Bixby does a update and reinstalls itself.
    I'm back to start again.
    09-22-2018 11:33 PM
    It works fine for me.
    For now, give them a few days, weeks, and they'll have an "issue" & it won't work anymore. Just change the setting for free & don't push the button twice.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-23-2018 09:22 PM
    After a few weeks, I might have another phone.
    09-23-2018 09:27 PM