Make Bixby button less annoying

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
With the case on I have only hit the bixby button once from the near month I have owned it. Its not too bad

I don’t get it either....haven’t hit mine by mistake at all in 3 weeks. Though it does wake up on its own at times while I am having a conversation and my phone is sitting on a table lol.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
i hit mine at least once a day, especially when i pick it up to use facial unlock. I'm trying to not let Bixby get on my nerves but it's difficult. I get that it's an assistant for your phone rather than something like Google assistant but even at that it sucks. i have to re-word my questions constantly. I treat it like my friend with special needs

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Here is a link to a video showing a new Samsung update for the unlocked version in how to make the Bixby button less annoying.

https://youtu.be/hN9vM3LBJCo

Maybe I haven't gotten the update yet. I do not have a Bixby "key" option on my Bixby setting the way the guy in the video does. When I check my apps it's not giving me an update either. I wonder if the Verizon version is different?

pirahna

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I got an phone update today but no bixby update shows available. Bixby drives me crazy, it launches everytime I unlock my phone. I think this is case dependent as I didn't have any problems with my prior Spigen Tough Armor case. I switched to a Spigen Thin 360 case and now it is constantly launching Bixby.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i hit mine at least once a day, especially when i pick it up to use facial unlock. I'm trying to not let Bixby get on my nerves but it's difficult. I get that it's an assistant for your phone rather than something like Google assistant but even at that it sucks. i have to re-word my questions constantly. I treat it like my friend with special needs
Check out the Bixby tutorials which will help you learn how to word your questions. I hope this helps.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had 8 updates:) but see nothing like that video shows under settings. no biggie as i re-programmed one touch google now one long press bixby:)

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I haven't gotten the update yet. I do not have a Bixby "key" option on my Bixby setting the way the guy in the video does. When I check my apps it's not giving me an update either. I wonder if the Verizon version is different?

No, it's not different, you just have to wait for the update, which will be there, when it's there.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Bixby drives me crazy, it launches everytime I unlock my phone. I switched to a Spigen Thin 360 case and now it is constantly launching Bixby.

I'm using a Spigen clear case. I took an Exacto knife and removed the Bixby button from the case, so now there is just an oval hole there, similar to all the holes on the bottom of the case. Now I would have to make a serious effort to push that button enough to launch Bixby.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Spigen clear case. I took an Exacto knife and removed the Bixby button from the case, so now there is just an oval hole there, similar to all the holes on the bottom of the case. Now I would have to make a serious effort to push that button enough to launch Bixby.

Great idea

pirahna

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

You are a genius! Don't know why I didn't think of that.