Anyone Switch to iPhone Max??

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Apple watch with LTE can do this so nothing unique to Galaxy Watch. Have the Galaxy watch and apple watch and the only thing I think is better on the Galaxy is the navigation with the rotating bezel - that is marvelous

No the Apple Watch can’t. If you think it can try it and report back

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

KidAKidB

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
Reasons may I ask. Just curious

The camera didn't impress me at all, like it was good, just not as good as my Pixel 2 XL.

iOS Notifications though better now than they were on iOS 10 and 11, but are still a huge step down compared to how Android handles them.

Also I just like the customization of Android much more.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
anyone with the iPhone X's or Xsmax having charging problems?
I had it but it was fixed by installing iOS 12.1 beta so it seems to be a software problem and not a clickbait gate
My charging issue pretty much cleared up with the 12.1 beta update as well. I do occasionally run into an issue where my phone won't wake up while it's been plugged into the charger. I have to remove the charger for it to wake up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My charging issue pretty much cleared up with the 12.1 beta update as well. I do occasionally run into an issue where my phone won't wake up while it's been plugged into the charger. I have to remove the charger for it to wake up.

Ok good to know

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Only sim less iPhones. If you get one from a carrier it will not include one.

Which makes sense because why would you need a sim ejection tool if you bought a phone for the carrier you already are using? Plus too lazy to use a paper clip?

You're not hurting anyone but yourself buddy... There's no comparisons. It's Apple for Christ sakes. They've lacked innovation since Jobs died.

So the Watch which is basically the first product that was developed and produced after he died, that’s not innovative?

It’s outsold every other smart watch to date.

I feel it's not really status symbol, but more as a superior product regardless of price. Many iPhone users still have the mindset that Android phones are slow, laggy and buggy, and will not even give a second thought about using them.

Most Android users can’t understand why us Apple users still choose to use the iPhone even though Lew from unbox therapy tries to enlighten us that their are cheaper phones that have 1080p and higher PPI, blah blah blah.

We don’t care about that, those other phones aren’t running iOS and that’s why we continue to buy iPhones.

I believe once the new phone novelty is off many will switch back from xs max to Note 9...iOS is a very boring OS...

That’s not a problem with the OS I mean if you find a mobile OS “boring” then you have larger issues. I never understand this iOS is boring or Android is boring crock I mean we have come so far in the last 10 years what else do you these phones to do?

Finally Lew Lew Lew you are so wrong and just looking for clicks without even doing any real research. He would know that this was a software bug that’s causing this due to Apple trying to protect people’s phones from being brute forced with devices like the gray box and thats already been fixed in the 12.1 update coming out.

But nooo make videos that bash Apple for every little thing while Samsung gets a pass for so many more major issues like randomly sending photos from your gallery to random numbers yeah that’s fine.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My morning news was talking about all the problems with the new 10S phones. Not only the charging port, which is basic and should work out of the box IMO, but Verizon customers are having problems. There was also a rumor of Beautygate, something with selfies. must be the Instagram celebrities who are upset.
Also things like yellow tint, no fast charge cable in the box so an extra $70 if they want that, etc.

I think people are coming to the realization that iPhones aren't the be all, end all in mobile devices.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So the Watch which is basically the first product that was developed and produced after he died, that’s not innovative?

It’s outsold every other smart watch to date.

First, Apple didn't invent the smartwatch. Doesn't matter who in apple decided to add it to their lineup of tech. It's not original with Apple. Not innovative.

Second it outsells because apple people don't have choices like Android.

ETA did you know you can find replicas of the 1946 Duck Tracy watch? I always tell older people, that getting a smart watch will make them feel like **** Tracy LOL.

Last edited:

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
My morning news was talking about all the problems with the new 10S phones. Not only the charging port, which is basic and should work out of the box IMO, but Verizon customers are having problems. There was also a rumor of Beautygate, something with selfies. must be the Instagram celebrities who are upset.
Also things like yellow tint, no fast charge cable in the box so an extra $70 if they want that, etc.

I think people are coming to the realization that iPhones aren't the be all, end all in mobile devices.

All phones have issues, but some shouldn't happen, like not having fast charge accessories in the box is inexcusable. That's ridiculous nickle and dime bs. Funny thing is, if you aren't a regular user of iMore forums the moderators will go into full defensive mode if issues are brought up. It's like they are under the delusion that iPhones couldn't possibly have problems. Sad really.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
All phones have issues, but some shouldn't happen, like not having fast charge accessories in the box is inexcusable. That's ridiculous nickle and dime bs. Funny thing is, if you aren't a regular user of iMore forums the moderators will go into full defensive mode if issues are brought up. It's like they are under the delusion that iPhones couldn't possibly have problems. Sad really.

Yeah it does make me sad my 10 S Max came w/ a dinky little thing. I just went and snagged some Anker stuff since I love Anker. Although I agree I shouldn't have had to.

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The camera didn't impress me at all, like it was good, just not as good as my Pixel 2 XL.

iOS Notifications though better now than they were on iOS 10 and 11, but are still a huge step down compared to how Android handles them.

Also I just like the customization of Android much more.

It’s going to be hard to beat that pixel camera

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Apple USB-C 29W plug and USBC to USBC cables.
Wireless pads are Samsung that I paid ~$50-70. One upright pad uses USB-C cable, both ends.

I got into USBC with a MacBook 2015, and of course various Galaxy devices. Anker 5-port charger with one USBC port.

How did Apple ship XS Max with charging issue if the screen is off?
Are they hoping 12.3 will save the day?