So when I got my note 9 Verizon had a package promo and i got 4 items with my phone. Instead of the Samsung wireless charger (stand up) i got the flat morphie but it doesn't seem to be speed charging at all. The Samsung was $59.99 .... I'm looking online to try and find the best price to pick that up and I'm seeing a 2016 version and a 2018 version but they look identical. Can you recommend a stand up speed charger? I'm looking for something less than $60 lol thanks!!
    09-21-2018 03:35 PM
    Both will work as long as they say they're Fast Charging (Samsung hasn't changed their standard, so no changes in speed there). The reason your Morphie might not be working with Fast Charging (IF it's FC-capable) could be actually with the charger you're using with the stand. If you use the one bundled with the S9 and newer it seems to have issues with some 3rd party vendors and it defaults to standard charging. If I use the S9 one with my Seneo charger it won't do FC, but if I plug it in to the charger that came with the Note 7, then I have no issues.
    09-21-2018 04:13 PM
    https://slickdeals.net/f/12062271-se...archBarV2Algo1

That's 13 bucks right now. Works well. JUST needs the right charger.
    ansa82 likes this.
    09-21-2018 04:14 PM

I wished that came in black though.
    09-21-2018 08:27 PM
    Both will work as long as they say they're Fast Charging (Samsung hasn't changed their standard, so no changes in speed there). The reason your Morphie might not be working with Fast Charging (IF it's FC-capable) could be actually with the charger you're using with the stand. If you use the one bundled with the S9 and newer it seems to have issues with some 3rd party vendors and it defaults to standard charging. If I use the S9 one with my Seneo charger it won't do FC, but if I plug it in to the charger that came with the Note 7, then I have no issues.
    I'm using the cord that came with the morphie. Seems like it should fast charge but it's not. I'm thinking I should have chosen the Samsung wireless charger to go with my bundle
    09-22-2018 08:12 AM

Thanks!!
    09-22-2018 08:13 AM
    I'm using the cord that came with the morphie. Seems like it should fast charge but it's not. I'm thinking I should have chosen the Samsung wireless charger to go with my bundle
    The Morphie appears to have a 7.5 W charger. You need a 10W charger for fast charging on your phone.
    09-22-2018 10:12 AM
    Thanks!!
    The Anker PowerPort Speed 1 USB-C would be a good charger for it. https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger...cUvbUpU6347300
    09-22-2018 10:15 AM
    I wished that came in black though.
    It does, it's just not on sale hehe Or it might, haven't checked. But the one I have is in black and works great
    09-22-2018 10:40 AM
    Have you tried using the charger from the phone then? Are you sure the Mophie wireless base is FC compatible?
    09-22-2018 10:40 AM
    I have a seneo wireless charger and the only way it supports fast charge is having it plugged into a Samsung fast charge power supply. The one that comes with the phone. That may be the issue.

Also dumb question, do you have the wireless fast charge setting enable in your advanced batter settings?
    09-22-2018 10:53 AM
    It does, it's just not on sale hehe Or it might, haven't checked. But the one I have is in black and works great
    Oh okay because I looked about a week ago on Amazon and only saw the lighter-colored one. Will have to check again thanks
    09-22-2018 11:01 AM
    I have a seneo wireless charger and the only way it supports fast charge is having it plugged into a Samsung fast charge power supply. The one that comes with the phone. That may be the issue.

Also dumb question, do you have the wireless fast charge setting enable in your advanced batter settings?
    For that option to appear you first need to plop it into a FC charger, otherwise the option is missing or grayed out depending on your carrier.
    09-22-2018 11:06 AM
    I just bought this one...
    (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...cUvbUpU6347430).

Bear in mind, this is Amazon dot CA. The price has gone up 4 bucks since mine was shipped. It includes a cable but uses the AC/DC converter that came with the Note 9. It seems to charge the phone from between 30% to 40% to 100% in about an hour (time not precise...). I have a Spigen rubberized case on the phone and it doesn't interfere with the charging. The phone warms slightly (to say... luke-warm) while charging. When charged a green light comes on at the base of the charger and the green 'charged' light comes on at the top of the phone. It then quits charging and the phone cools.

I'm pretty happy with it.
    09-22-2018 01:39 PM
    The Morphie appears to have a 7.5 W charger. You need a 10W charger for fast charging on your phone.
    Man that sucks. Wish the Verizon rep had known
    Only thing she asked was if I wanted a stand up charger or a flat one. I chose the flat and it's not good. I bet they won't let me exchange it either. Does anyone have any experience exchanging equipment at Verizon store?
    09-22-2018 02:53 PM

Yep and it does fast charge with the cord that came with the phone, I just have that plugged in elsewhere in my house
    09-22-2018 02:54 PM
    Yeah don't buy from Samsung, they way over priced.
    09-22-2018 05:29 PM