Edge Lighting Not Working. Anyone Else?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It WAS working. Maybe since the update earlier this week?? I'm not sure. Yes it's enabled.

I guess I've not noticed exactly what edge lighting is? Can you describe it? I've only had my note 9 a couple of days but I did get the update

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
What apps are you guying trying edge lighting with? I had it going when playing Samsung's Samsung Music app, but I disabled it. Just enabled in after reading this thread and mine is working. And yes, after the update, which I did earlier this week.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
What apps are you guying trying edge lighting with? I had it going when playing Samsung's Samsung Music app, but I disabled it. Just enabled in after reading this thread and mine is working. And yes, after the update, which I did earlier this week.

How do you enable edge lighting for notifications?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
How do you enable edge lighting for notifications?

It’s in your settings under display, then edge screen, edge lighting. There’s also a quick toggle for it in your notifications panel quick settings. In the edge lighting settings you can manage which apps you want to use.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It’s in your settings under display, then edge screen, edge lighting. There’s also a quick toggle for it in your notifications panel quick settings. In the edge lighting settings you can manage which apps you want to use.

Mine is all turned on then... but no edge lighting at all. I'm looking for the edge lighting when I'm getting a phone call or some sort of notification

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. I now have it on for texts...I guess it doesn't do it for Facebook messenger? I didn't see that as an option

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. I now have it on for texts...I guess it doesn't do it for Facebook messenger? I didn't see that as an option

Yes, I’ve found it really hit or miss (mostly miss) with third party apps even though they’re shown as available options in the settings.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I only have mine set for 4 apps in addition to the phone...Messages+, Gmail, Reminder, Voicemail.

The only thing working now is a call and Reminder.

Phone: screen off, face down. With the phone's Edge Lighting, you can't choose your color or style
Messages+: no
Gmail: no
Voicemail: no
Samsung's Reminder (that I never use because I Google Homes that use Google Assistant) : screen up, off...yes.
screen down, off...yes.

-----------------------------------------------
Which of your Edge Lighting alerts are working?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask what maybe a stupid question? But why on earth can you not have edge lighting activate during phone calls? I was really disappointed that you can't do that I thought that would have been an obvious use of it.

And regarding messages and WhatsApp etc, I'm also surprised you can't nominate edge lighting for certain contacts. It's either all messages or nothing. But the phone call issue really surprised me. As i say, i would have imagined edge lighting would have been a first choice use for a ringing phone

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It is working for me face up or down with the screen off. Nothing enabled for Edge Lighting is working. It used to before last week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith