My N9 is glitchy today..

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what's going on but my note 9 is very glitchy and buggy today. I had a phone call from my husband and I missed it. I attempted to call him back 4 times and it just kept saying dialing. I had to restart my phone and then it worked. Though still the call Quality is horrible. Lots of different noises in the call even when he's on Bluetooth in his truck tons of feedback I can hear of myself with his call.

Also things are loading on my phone sporadically and not uniformly it's weird. I hope I didn't get a dud.

Anyone else? After three and a half weeks why would he get worse?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what's going on but my note 9 is very glitchy and buggy today. I had a phone call from my husband and I missed it. I attempted to call him back 4 times and it just kept saying dialing. I had to restart my phone and then it worked. Though still the call Quality is horrible. Lots of different noises in the call even when he's on Bluetooth in his truck tons of feedback I can hear of myself with his call.

Also things are loading on my phone sporadically and not uniformly it's weird. I hope I didn't get a dud.

Mine had a big quirk the other day. When I'd had it about three weeks. Kept shutting windows and repeatedly typing. A bunch of 88888888's. Called Samsung. Wiped cache, still some issue, factory reset: after that, alls been fine. Though the camera in auto mode does still buzz at times

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have restarted my phone twice so let's see what happens. So I don't know how to improve the phone part of it. Don't know why it doesn't sound better than it does and why there are extra noises that shouldn't be there. My Note 5 was perfect! This better not end up being buggy and glitchy. Hopefully the next update they do fixes anything that's not quite right

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Normal to have growing pains on a new models that hopefully gets sorted out after a few updates. The price you pay sometimes being an early adopter. Took a few months with my Note 8 with others reporting random reboots on AOD or something like that. Got sorted out and been pretty much trouble free since. You could always wait a few months.

Damn I almost got the N9 because I have s9+ but I dont need no more problems the s9+ have enough problems

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
There've been quite a few firmware updates already, so it would help to say which firmware you're on. The latest for most people (at least in the US) seems to be ARH6.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...don’t see anything for firmware. I do have a baseband version ending in ARH2 with Android 8.1.0. Android security patch for Aug 1. Odd I thought I got one for September a few days after getting the phone.
There've been quite a few firmware updates already, so it would help to say which firmware you're on. The latest for most people (at least in the US) seems to be ARH6.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...don’t see anything for firmware. I do have a baseband version ending in ARH2
Yes, thanks, baseband is what they call the firmware version. There've been a couple of releases since then. ARH4 has "stability improvements", and ARH6 has the September 1 security patch. It's possible that ARH4 fixes your problems.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, thanks, baseband is what they call the firmware version. There've been a couple of releases since then. ARH4 has "stability improvements", and ARH6 has the September 1 security patch. It's possible that ARH4 fixes your problems.
Mine is ARH6

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...don’t see anything for firmware. I do have a baseband version ending in ARH2 with Android 8.1.0. Android security patch for Aug 1. Odd I thought I got one for September a few days after getting the phone.
Not unusual to get an August update in September unless you have a Pixel.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Okay..odd...I know I got and downloaded a Sept security patch. It must not have finished or something. I just did one that was there now. Will ARH6 cover for the ARH4 that I don’t have?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay..odd...I know I got and downloaded a Sept security patch. It must not have finished or something. I just did one that was there now. Will ARH6 cover for the ARH4 that I don’t have?
Yes, later firmware versions include all the earlier updates too.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Though the camera in auto mode does still buzz at times
That sounds like a slightly stuck focus mechanism in the camera - it sticks and is still being driven so it buzzes until the lens finally moves. (I'd fight for a replacement - it's still under warranty, and it's definitely a manufacturing defect.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...that’s what I figured. By looking at the update it looks like it is only a security patch. Not sure it is going to help with performance issues.
Probably not, since there were no modem fixes, as I recall, just security patches until Pie (which was released at the beginning of August ... but Samsung).

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it's the weather? We lost our power last night for a couple of hours and we had no data (or very slow) with our T-mobile phones and my mom's Verizon S8. Just a thought. Not sure about making calls.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Do you have a SD card in it? If so, thank could be the problem.