Swipe to send message or call someone

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok I just realized that when in Samsung messaging app I can't swipe the person I'm texting to call them. I used to be able to do that on my note8. Never tried it on my note9 til a few minutes ago. Yes I have the setting turned on. I can swipe to call or message someone in my contacts tho. No biggie I was just wondering if anyone noticed that or I was doing something wrong. Lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok I just realized that when in Samsung messaging app I can't swipe the person I'm texting to call them. I used to be able to do that on my note8. Never tried it on my note9 til a few minutes ago. Yes I have the setting turned on. I can swipe to call or message someone in my contacts tho. No biggie I was just wondering if anyone noticed that or I was doing something wrong. Lol
I think mine works because whenever my phone decides to auto call someone I've been messaging, I go into the settings and turn off auto dial. I dont like for it to do that. Since I dont have frequent calls, I leave the auto stuff off and just go into the contacts or tell Bixby or Google to call someone on my list

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I think mine works because whenever my phone decides to auto call someone I've been messaging, I go into the settings and turn off auto dial. I dont like for it to do that. Since I dont have frequent calls, I leave the auto stuff off and just go into the contacts or tell Bixby or Google to call someone on my list

Thanks. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed it. It ain't nothing for me to just go to contacts and call them:)

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed it's not working for me even though I have the setting enabled. I wonder if it'll be fixed with an update? It's no bother to call them through contacts or whatever but I do use that feature a lot so I hope it'll be fixed soon

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just noticed it's not working for me even though I have the setting enabled. I wonder if it'll be fixed with an update? It's no bother to call them through contacts or whatever but I do use that feature a lot so I hope it'll be fixed soon

Glad to see I ain't the only one lol. I'm curious, what carrier are you on? I'm on Verizon

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not working here. Used to work on my Note 8

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Glad to see I ain't the only one lol. I'm curious, what carrier are you on? I'm on Verizon

I'm on AT&T. It worked on my Note8 and I can't recall if I managed to use it on this phone and it stopped working or if it never worked. Must be a glitch that can be fixed with an update hopefully

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
i don't see why the phone companies insist on so many different settings for these phones. I have swipe to call and text, I also have WiFi calling enabled out of the box. why so many different set ups?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Where's the swipe to text setting?

This is what I got and it only does it when I swipe a contact in my contact list not messaging app but maybe it will work for you. Go to settings>advanced settings>scroll down to swipe to call or send message(should be under easy mute and above dual messenger)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. It worked on my Note8 and I can't recall if I managed to use it on this phone and it stopped working or if it never worked. Must be a glitch that can be fixed with an update hopefully

Yeah I hope so and lmao that was so me. I can't recall if it has ever worked on my note9 cause I didn't try it til right before I made this topic lol. No big deal really but I did like the feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek