Swipe to send message or call someone

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
So just to be clear from the Samsung Messages app, not Contacts app, on a text message you can swipe the message to call the person?

No sorry, from Contacts I can but not from the app. When i swipe left in the messaging app nothing happens and when I swipe right my contacts pulls up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm on tmobile , with the unlocked rom
I can swipe in contacts or phone dialer
it gives the option in advanced features and says only can be used in this apps I mentioned above. Not in message app

Last edited:

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I just checked Settings > Advanced features > Swipe to call or send messages.

I can enable/disable "Swipe a contact or number right to make a call or left to send a message in Phone or Contacts."

I can't swipe to call or send messages in Messages.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok I just realized that when in Samsung messaging app I can't swipe the person I'm texting to call them. I used to be able to do that on my note8. Never tried it on my note9 til a few minutes ago. Yes I have the setting turned on. I can swipe to call or message someone in my contacts tho. No biggie I was just wondering if anyone noticed that or I was doing something wrong. Lol

I actually disabled it. Nothing more annoying than texting someone and as you put the phone down, you here "hello?"

LadyMar

Mar 21, 2019
Visit site
Ok I just realized that when in Samsung messaging app I can't swipe the person I'm texting to call them. I used to be able to do that on my note8. Never tried it on my note9 til a few minutes ago. Yes I have the setting turned on. I can swipe to call or message someone in my contacts tho. No biggie I was just wondering if anyone noticed that or I was doing something wrong. Lol

LadyMar

Mar 21, 2019
Visit site
The feature is gone on the Samsung 10 as well! I used this feature all the time in my text messages. Super inconvenient. I'm bummed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm