Calender update...or another

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Noticed there is an update for the stock calender. Reading reviews...they say dont do it. I mainly link my Google calender to it to also sync on my iPad.

What are others using...stock Samsung calender or a different one. Thanks.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock calendar and actually like it. use it mostly for work with office 365 and it works well, including tasks.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I use the stock calendar and Google calendar, since my stock calendar is synced with my Google account I keep both. I haven't done the update yet. What reasons are they giving to not update??

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Stock calendar here and have a calendar widget on a home screen with semi clear shaded background
Noticed there is an update for the stock calender. Reading reviews...they say dont do it. I mainly link my Google calender to it to also sync on my iPad.

What are others using...stock Samsung calender or a different one. Thanks.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I dunno what's meant by "stock" calendar, Samsung or something else.

I use Samsung calendar, and uninstall any other calendar that my have been there. Samsung calendar is ab fab, imo.

But no, I haven't got an update.

Edit
It seems I've got the update others may be referring to 🤔

Last edited:

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Have you had any problems with that update? I saw comments saying entries were missing and alerts wrong. Thanks.

Not as far as I know. Everything seems to be in order, and I've created, deleted and edited entries since updating.

Edit
You mentioned comments re calendar being iffy, was that for the note 9, or note 8? Note 9 is on 8.1, so may differ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if it's the unlocked note 9's that got the update? Maybe the messages app is something the telco's look into with regard to locked devices 🤔

I'm in Sydney, on an unlocked, unbranded device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned comments re calendar being iffy, was that for the note 9, or note 8? Note 9 is on 9.1
Android 9.1? The latest version released by Google (unless the October patch will go up one minor number) is 9.0.0. (And a minor update would be to 9.0.1, if it's not just a security patch.)

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Note 9
Not as far as I know. Everything seems to be in order, and I've created, deleted and edited entries since updating.

Edit
You mentioned comments re calendar being iffy, was that for the note 9, or note 8? Note 9 is on 8.1, so may differ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
the newest version of Google calendar is actually very nice. I wish it would have the option to show exchange tasks