How long to charge?

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes. But ...

If you want the battery to last as long as possible, never let it drop below 40%, and don't charge it past 80%. That won't give you 2 days of Screen on time, but it will give you the longest battery life you can get. (Lithium batteries weren't chosen for toughness, they were chosen because a) lithium is the lightest metal at normal temperatures and b) a lithium polymer battery can be shaped into almost anything - like a very thin battery - which is what people want, light and thin.

You and I have gone back and forth over this in the past (Note Edge Battery.) I simply can not agree. I have always ran MY batteries down to damn near 0% and I do it as often as possible and charge to 100% every time.

Don't let it go below 40% but don't charge it over 80%? No disrespect, but that's pure insanity. No one has time to watch a phone charging to stay within those parameters. Not slighting you but again, I have NEVER had a battery issue burning it down to damn near 0 and charging to 100 every three days..

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
not really. my note 8 gets more than that with BT and location on while playing amazon music and playing graphic heavy games simultaneously on 40% brightness

I'm getting 4 hours SOT with around 24 hours total battery use and I'm lingering around 20% with those stats. Is that good?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Fast charge is actually a Qualcomm spec built into the chip. This phone is actually behind, using QC 2.0 and its a little slower than my other phones using QC 3.0. You have to actually use a Qualcomm QC charger for it to work. It doesn't make any difference where the charger is plugged into, a power strip, wall outlet, or whatever. The charger usually comes with a quality cable which allows good current. I haven't seen any noticeable battery degradation in the normal 2 year cycle I have with my phones. Batteries have come a long way in the past few years. The misinformation in this thread is amazing. Enjoy quick charge. It's only going to get better.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I try to remember to do it at least once a week... Its hard to remember these days because phones just run so much better than they used to...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Currently here on the forum with mine at 13%. Going to find a charge cord here shortly and charge it up.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
You and I have gone back and forth over this in the past (Note Edge Battery.) I simply can not agree. I have always ran MY batteries down to damn near 0% and I do it as often as possible and charge to 100% every time.

Don't let it go below 40% but don't charge it over 80%? No disrespect, but that's pure insanity. No one has time to watch a phone charging to stay within those parameters. Not slighting you but again, I have NEVER had a battery issue burning it down to damn near 0 and charging to 100 every three days..

Just be careful about having a restart when below 5%. Samsung warns that the phone may never restart.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...port%2Fanswer%2FANS00078168%2F&token=psNHmKhe "Finally, never restart your phone if the battery life is 5% or less since it may not turn on again."

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Do we not have *only* adaptive charging?
As in between certain percentages it charges quick enough to be actual *fast charge*

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I try to remember to do it at least once a week... Its hard to remember these days because phones just run so much better than they used to...

The phone has an auto restart feature. You can set it to restart in the middle of the night. I do it once a week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt