09-28-2018 08:01 AM
29 12
tools
    I like Android Message, especially since Dark Mode. I wish I could use it. But I'm STUCK with Verizon Messages+ because my boss sends out some kind of group txt 's to the team that I can't see any other way. When I switch to any other message app and my boss sends out this group txt, I get a notification saying there is a message for me and I need to "download and install Verizon Messages + in order to view it". I don't know what exactly he is doing to cause this response on my Note 9. Anyway, I tried a few txt apps, including Textra, but my preference would be Android Message - if not for this problem.
    09-25-2018 08:10 PM
    I use Verizon Messages+. I just downloaded Textra to see what all the fuss is about. I'll have to play around with it a few days and see what I can do.

Messages+ is very customizable, allows you to text from any device using your cell number and you don't have to have Verizon to use it. I use it on my tablet, desktop, laptop, and of course my phone.

It will also text over wifi on any of your devices. So if you have a wifi only tablet it will work just fine on Messages+.

Also allows scheduled text.
    Yes, agree with all this. Still Textra is way better IMO on my phone. So I use Textra there, use Messages+ on my iPad, etc. Works great.
    09-26-2018 06:48 AM
    Yes, agree with all this. Still Textra is way better IMO on my phone. So I use Textra there, use Messages+ on my iPad, etc. Works great.
    This is the beauty of Android to me. I gave Textra a good two days trial and played around with all the customizations.

I really like it and all the options. It was a very busy two days and I communicate a lot by text at work. Probably my main source of communication now that I think about it. So it's very important that the texting app is efficient and reliable. I had no issue with Textra, it just comes down to personal preference.

The thing that brought me back to messages+ was the way its pop-up works. I think over the years this is the one thing that I've liked the most.

It's great to have choices, I think both are very good options.
    dsignori likes this.
    09-28-2018 05:24 AM
    I loved mood...
    09-28-2018 08:01 AM
29 12