Android Message

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody here using Android message I'm thinking of switching over haven't had any experience with it I typically use the built-in messaging app but I'm looking for some more customization

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I use it off and on. Originally I started using it because of the gif support but it had some downsides when it came to per user SMS tones. Now that Samsung's app behaves the same way it's not as big of a deal to me. For customization, many people prefer Textra. I can't really speak to how they compare though. I only used it briefly. It's super easy to switch back and forth between messaging apps though so you can download a few and see what you like.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I use it off and on. Originally I started using it because of the gif support but it had some downsides when it came to per user SMS tones. Now that Samsung's app behaves the same way it's not as big of a deal to me. For customization, many people prefer Textra. I can't really speak to how they compare though. I only used it briefly. It's super easy to switch back and forth between messaging apps though so you can download a few and see what you like.

That's what I'll do. I just saw an article for the app and was curious. The type bar in Samsung text app is too small for my going eyes

illpoetic

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Anybody here using Android message I'm thinking of switching over haven't had any experience with it I typically use the built-in messaging app but I'm looking for some more customization
I tried Textra the other day and I really like it. I used android message for years. But Textra is so much better. And I especially love the deep customizations.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
I use Android message and love it.

Messages for web is the best part. When I'm on any web browser (even my tablet) I dont need to look at my phone for texts anymore.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I tried Textra a week ago and it wasn't syncing all of my old text messages. It would only show some of the texts in my convos but it was missing some.

beardking

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that is keeping me from using Android Message is the fact that I can't schedule text messages through it (that I have found). I have a tendency to send scheduled texts to my wife and friends so I don't text them at midnight when they are asleep (I'm a night owl). For me, the lack of scheduling is a major drawback. If I can figure out a convenient way around that, then I'd definitely be using it as I like the Messages for Web aspect of it (since Pushbullet and the others charge when you exceed a certain limit)

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it for the last couple of years and really like the web feature when I'm on my computer. I like using all the Google apps, including contacts and photos because they work well with each other....

Richard Stewart79

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
The only thing that is keeping me from using Android Message is the fact that I can't schedule text messages through it (that I have found). I have a tendency to send scheduled texts to my wife and friends so I don't text them at midnight when they are asleep (I'm a night owl). For me, the lack of scheduling is a major drawback. If I can figure out a convenient way around that, then I'd definitely be using it as I like the Messages for Web aspect of it (since Pushbullet and the others charge when you exceed a certain limit)

Samsung messages you can schedule texts messages, android idk. Never used it

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That’s why I added the Swiftkey keyboard as you can choose different styles and colors. Unfortunately, my GIFs are posting as links. I have to switch back and forth to post the gifs lol.
That's what I'll do. I just saw an article for the app and was curious. The type bar in Samsung text app is too small for my going eyes

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that is keeping me from using Android Message is the fact that I can't schedule text messages through it (that I have found). For me, the lack of scheduling is a major drawback.

I agree with you on the lack of scheduling messages. But I think I like the web for messages feature better.

beardking

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you on the lack of scheduling messages. But I think I like the web for messages feature better.
I may have to go ahead and give up the scheduling feature so I can use the web messaging. I work from home and my wife and I text throughout the day, so not having to pick up my phone all the time is a great thing.
Until I upgraded to the Note 9 I've been using Join from joapps with decent reliability. But since I upgraded, I can't get it to work at all.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I like the stock app because theme backgrounds apply. Now, they may also show up under Textra or other downloadable message apps, I'm not sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers