I started off using the stock SMS but didn't like it so im using messages +. Everyday im getting this notification popping up telling me messages + AND SMS is using permissions? Then it disappears? When I switched to messages + the phone asked if i wanted this to be my default texting app and i said yes. Anyone know how to turn this notification off?
    09-26-2018 12:07 PM
    The only thing I can offer is try either restarting the phone or clearing the app cache or system cache.
    I also use Messages+ and like it SO much better than the default app. You don't read of a lot of people using it (Verizon) and I don't know why.
    Connert, freddyttt and Joe378 like this.
    09-26-2018 02:30 PM
    I started off using the stock SMS but didn't like it so im using messages +. Everyday im getting this notification popping up telling me messages + AND SMS is using permissions? Then it disappears? When I switched to messages + the phone asked if i wanted this to be my default texting app and i said yes. Anyone know how to turn this notification off?
    That's strange I use messages plus also and don't have the same problem. I have stock SMS disabled though , have you tried that?
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-26-2018 07:05 PM
    That's strange I use messages plus also and don't have the same problem. I have stock SMS disabled though , have you tried that?
    No I haven't tried that. How should I disable it? Through apps in settings?
    09-27-2018 07:42 AM
    Apparently it's already disabled. Not sure why I'm getting that notification. If I get it again, I will get a screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails messages  + Verizon question-3757.jpg  
    09-27-2018 07:45 AM
    No I haven't tried that. How should I disable it? Through apps in settings?

When you enable an SMS app as default it automatically removes the prior as default and disables it.
    09-27-2018 07:53 AM
    Ok it just did it again. Here is a screen shot of the notification.
    Attached Thumbnails messages  + Verizon question-3799.jpg  
    09-27-2018 12:54 PM
    Ok it just did it again. Here is a screen shot of the notification.
    Hold down the notification and cut it off
    09-27-2018 03:07 PM
    Hold down the notification and cut it off
    I've cleared it before, oddly enough it keeps coming back
    09-27-2018 05:05 PM
    Go into lockscreen and security/app permission monitor. You an then toggle off for the messages+ app (or you can go a step further and just toggle off for sms and not all the permissions) . Otherwise it's going to alert you any time the app tries to use sms.
    09-27-2018 06:37 PM
    Go into lockscreen and security/app permission monitor. You an then toggle off for the messages+ app (or you can go a step further and just toggle off for sms and not all the permissions) . Otherwise it's going to alert you any time the app tries to use sms.
    I'm under lock screen but do not see security app permissions? Am I looking in the wrong area?
    Attached Thumbnails messages  + Verizon question-3816.jpg  
    09-28-2018 09:57 AM
    I'm under lock screen but do not see security app permissions? Am I looking in the wrong area?
    Permissions is under settings -apps
    09-28-2018 11:27 AM
    Permissions is under settings -apps
    Thank you!
    09-28-2018 01:47 PM